The 25 Most Deadly Martial Arts

no white lotus kung fu... boo this list!!!

No Gymkata? Lame. :rolleyes:

tumblr_ncc0ohQcU41qedb29o1_r1_400.gif

gymkata4.gif

23.gif

Man I loved that movie so much when I was a kid. That village of the criminally insane gave me nightmares though.

Glad to see Kajukenbo on the list but disappointed to not see Savate, being a master in knife fighting is pretty deadly.

If Billy Banks and Tae Bo aren't on the list... the list is pure bull shit. I've been doing this a long time, I know what I'm talking about here.

Glad to see Kajukenbo on the list but disappointed to not see Savate being a master in knife fighting is pretty deadly.

Agreed on kajukenbo. I've always thought that it's an interesting martial art with an interesting backstory.

Agreed on kajukenbo. I've always thought that it's an interesting martial art with an interesting backstory.
I agree it's a underrated martial art with a neat history, I recall Michael "Mayday" McDonald being the first UFC fighter that has a background in it and still actively trains it.

I agree it's a underrated martial art with a neat history, I recall Michael "Mayday" McDonald being the first UFC fighter that has a background in it and still actively trains it.

I had no idea about Mayday. I'm surprised to learn that he still trains in it. That's pretty cool.

Kajukenbo was kind of like MMA before MMA.

I had no idea about Mayday. I'm surprised to learn that he still trains in it. That's pretty cool.

Kajukenbo was kind of like MMA before MMA.

It shares the same basic principles of Jeet Kune Do, which in theory should be like MMA if it's being taught correctly. I've seen some Jeet Kune Do places that are nothing more than glorified wing chun schools. While others teach modern MMA techniques taken from BJJ, muay thai, even wrestling.

It shares the same basic principles of Jeet Kune Do, which in theory should be like MMA if it's being taught correctly. I've seen some Jeet Kune Do places that are nothing more than glorified wing chun schools. While others teach modern MMA techniques taken from BJJ, muay thai, even wrestling.

I've heard that JKD is a real mixed bag as far as schools go, with some being great and some being shitty, and the actual curriculum varying widely.

I've heard that JKD is a real mixed bag as far as schools go, with some being great and some being shitty, and the actual curriculum varying widely.

Yeah that's bound to happen when your art is literally called "the way of no way"

Bruce Lee believed in tossing out anything that doesn't work, and adopting anything that does work. The best barometer today of what works and what doesn't is MMA, so any JKD instructor worth his salt should be teaching something that looks a lot like modern MMA.

If it looks like MMA, train away.
If it looks like wing chun, buy a gun.

The first school I ever trained at seriously was JKD and it wasn't the best school, but it planted a seed in me. JKD, if taught correctly, could be the best art in the world. I wish I could train at a school that teaches high level BJJ, striking and stick/knife fighting. I got my blue belt in BJJ from Fabio Hollanda in Montreal and that's exactly what his gym was. I wish envious of his students.

It bothers me that at one time I had 2.5 years invest in Filipino stick and knife fighting, but that was fifteen years ago and it's probably totally gone from my system. I loved training Kali and it was a great art.

Back