• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The 25 Most Deadly Martial Arts

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Article here (link).

Here's an interesting list some yahoo put together.

You're going to be rolling your eyes at some of the bullshit, but this list has many martial arts that I've never heard of (which doesn't happen often) and that I actually want to learn more about.

Thought I'd share.

Did they seriously list Vale Tudo and pit fighting?

Boxing should be the default #1 since, you know, the most people have died participating in it than in any of the others.

UFC

Some deadly shit. Not the GSP version tho.

Did they seriously list Vale Tudo and pit fighting?

Boxing should be the default #1 since, you know, the most people have died participating in it than in any of the others.

lol you're complaining about vale tudo being listed, but not capoeira? That's the one that got me.

Also, lol @ 'rough and tumble'

Sounds like some serious bidness.

What a joke, surpised that chi spirit attack isnt listed.

The list is not great. A lot of the stuff they listed aren't even really martial arts, some of the arts they listed aren't very good, and some of the arts they should have listed aren't present (where's Kyokushin and Judo?).

Nevertheless, pretty interesting stuff and there were some arts on there that I had not heard of. I'm not fucking with a Rough n' Tumble guy.

Also, lol @ 'rough and tumble'

Sounds like some serious bidness.

Some guy got nerded up and started Googling all the martial arts he could find. If you're going to go back 100 years for rough and tumble you have to include purring.

#1 way to beat all martial arts

kWZXhCu.gif

I'm pretty sure a 12 year old wrote this article after wikipedia surfing.

lol you're complaining about vale tudo being listed, but not capoeira? That's the one that got me.

Vale tudo isn't really a martial art that's why. But yeah the whole list is laughable.

G dammit Patrick that was my post:wink:. you should be too young to remember Joe Son's in Cage Vasectomy of Hackney anyway:icon_evil:(:icon_evil?!?!?!

Might be high time you watched that fight again.

No "Catch as Catch Can" wrestling?

Abe Lincoln wants us to boo this list.

Back