The 2022 Heavies' Awards - Shooper of the Year Winner BIGWAVERIDER!!!

YOU GET 3 VOTES. SHOOPER OF THE YEAR 2022. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR VOTES.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations to the winners. @Arqueto thank you for stepping up and not only making this thread, but the shoop competition threads as well. I really appreciate all you do for Sherdog. @Reach4theSky and @SenorFranko had a breakout year imo. Its bittersweet checking in on the BWR tribute shoop thread and I'm glad you guys have kept it going. I'm really looking forward to what 2023 will bring.

WhObs9N.png

Beautiful stuff bud, laughing at all the characters in the BG <45>

Awesome gifs bud and not the first time someone has called me pumpkin head :p

Congratulations to the winners. @Arqueto thank you for stepping up and not only making this thread, but the shoop competition threads as well. I really appreciate all you do for Sherdog. @Reach4theSky and @SenorFranko had a breakout year imo. Its bittersweet checking in on the BWR tribute shoop thread and I'm glad you guys have kept it going. I'm really looking forward to what 2023 will bring.

Thanks Jack that means a lot man. I just want to make sure this beautiful shoop community we have keeps going strong so I'll keep doing the best I can until the sun sets on me. Also, thanks for always helping me out whenever I ask and you always have my back it's much appreciated bud.

Beautiful shoop and Mike is definitely the Fedor of the shoop game. Love the sneaky Shadfaces too

<[analyzed}>

As much as I want to congratulate BWR (RIP) for winning this contest, I want to say congratulations to the whole Shoop community for rising back up and being able to carry on after the devastating loss of BWR. YOU ALL WIN.

I was here at the exact moment the news broke and I made a promise to do everything I can to unite and lift these shoopers' spirits and build this community back up and continue the tradition. And man, I've tried my damndest.

Seeing it having a new direction now 6 months later, with the hardworking guys like @Arqueto @Myrddin Wild @Otto! behind the scenes, the unbreakable AV elite crew (cc: @Doughie99, @MrPsychoticKane), and loyal, consistent shoopers like @SenorFranko @Reach4theSky and @caketime21, it makes me so happy to see the Shoop community in good hands.

Congratulations, shoopers!

Mike is a legend. I hope you don’t mind me saying, but in your case I don’t think you’re trying to catch up.
You’re there.

Thanks bud. I want to keep getting better too and keep working on it all. Mike was a genius when it came to After Effects and I still need to learn a lot of that to get to his level.

I'll get there one day and Mike always told me he believed in me and that I would accomplish the things I wanted to with digital art.

Thanks bud. I want to keep getting better too and keep working on it all. Mike was a genius when it came to After Effects and I still need to learn a lot of that to get to his level.

I'll get there one day and Mike always told me he believed in me and that I would accomplish the things I wanted to with digital art.
I’m definitely not qualified to speak on any of the technical aspects, that’s for sure! But as a layperson, I would say that BWR’s awesomeness cast a huge shadow that many, many people stand in.
Not you though. You don’t stand in Mike’s shadow, you stand next to it. :)

Epic Shoop Bro!!!

Much love to everyone. I'll just make a few quick shoutouts to add to things I've already said throughout this thread.
01. @bigwaverider - 158 votes
02. @Arqueto - 102 votes
03. @Buff - 42 votes
Very fitting podium with our new Shoop leader taking Silver just under his & everyone's long time mentor @bigwaverider . So perfect to see OG @Buff (& fellow longtime Rider bro)still making headlines after all these yearz, especially on his fellow OG'z final SOTY~ (tearz)

04. @giovanni_ss - 26 votes
Thank you Brother Gio (another key OG) for your love of teh shoop & all the hard work you put in during the transition as well as your shoops themselves!

05. @fprado - 16 votes
Brother @fprado hasn't been mentioned as much as some others, but he was one of the most active shoopers this year, right up with any of the top contributers.

06. @SenorFranko - 10 votes - Epic volume & classy~
07. @Myrddin Wild - 9 votes - <who teh fook is dat guy>
08. @Natural Order - 8 votes TIE - multi champ - high level
08. @caketime21 21 - 8 votes TIE - Tied for rookie of teh year - epic high level volume
09. @Reach4theSky - 7 votes TIE - Tied for rookie of teh year - epic high level volume
09. @Otto! - 7 votes TIE
Much love to brother Otto for his attention & help behind teh scenes, as well as tremendously upping his gif game this year, well done!

10. @Pizza Werewolf - 6 votes TIE
Will pizzawearwolf change his name again this year, thus confusing teh fook out everyone yet again? :D It's hard to really make a line in teh sand for top contributers, but the data sticks out coincidently at top 10. There's no real division, and everyone in teh top 20 rocked up. I love every single one of these shooper in the top 20 & honestly, if you do a single shoop, I love you to. I'm just quantifying atm.

10. @Kryptt - 6 votes TIE
10. @Get To Da Choppa - 6 votes TIE
11. @Dude Incredible - 5 votes
12. @Dillydilly - 3 votes TIE
12. @Pixel_Daddy - 3 votes TIE
12. @AleYeah - 3 votes TIE
13. @pamirec - 2 votes TIE
13. @Bjjpitbull8 - 2 votes TIE

Much love to everyone who made SOTY 2022, it's a tremendous process figuring out who made teh top 20, and so everyone here is a winner. Shout out 2023 if we missed anyone for teh top 20!

Everyone who even did a single shoop or more has contributed to our beloved scene & keeps it fun & thriving.
SHOOPEH'Z BLESS!!!
icon_cheers.png

Last edited:
SOTY (Shooper of the Year) polls

2016 - Dec 19, 2016 – bigwaverider, Empty Emp, TrainInVain https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/125153327/
2017 – 02/02/18 - Buff, bigwaverider, Empty Emp https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...hoop-archive-thread-post-your-shoops.3703969/
2018 – 12/05/18 - bigwaverider, Buff, Empty Emp https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-added-shoop-dat-2018.3874991/#post-147188141
2019 – 02/03/20 bigwaverider, Arqueto, Sansnom https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shooper-of-the-year-voting-thread-put-up-feb-03-2020.4076009/
2020 – 12/28/20 – Arqueto, Iron Skin, Myrddin Wild (bigwaverider dropped out or else he would’ve likely won) https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/shooper-of-the-year-2020-voting-thread.4154050/
2021 – 01/06/22 - bigwaverider, Arqueto, Tartara https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...r-winner-bigwaverider.4221310/#post-167107092
2022 – 01/06/23 - bigwaverider, Arqueto, Buff https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-2022-heavies-awards-shooper-of-the-year.4272038/

Last edited:
As much as I want to congratulate BWR (RIP) for winning this contest, I want to say congratulations to the whole Shoop community for rising back up and being able to carry on after the devastating loss of BWR. YOU ALL WIN.

I was here at the exact moment the news broke and I made a promise to do everything I can to unite and lift these shoopers' spirits and build this community back up and continue the tradition. And man, I've tried my damndest.

Seeing it having a new direction now 6 months later, with the hardworking guys like @Arqueto @Myrddin Wild @Otto! behind the scenes, the unbreakable AV elite crew (cc: @Doughie99, @MrPsychoticKane), and loyal, consistent shoopers like @SenorFranko @Reach4theSky and @caketime21, it makes me so happy to see the Shoop community in good hands.

Congratulations, shoopers!

May 2023 be the start of the BWR Legacy!

FOR BWR!

Everybody crushed it this year. Great job. These threads are always fun. Really happy BWR took the top prize. He deserved it and it just seemed fitting.

Back