Media 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career

Hey mr drama queen, he can still make a living outside of the UFC. You bite a guy this is what you get. He just got cut.

Paul Daley made alot of money in different orgs after he got cut.

You are happy to ban a guy from an organisation for life for one foul and I'm the 'drama queen'. My call is for the opposite of the hysterical drama surrounding this incident and for a more sensible response.

If you have no problem with him continuing to compete, why are you cheerleading for him to be banned from the UFC? His punishment should apply to MMA in general and once he has served it, he should not be subjected to blacklisting without being given a second chance.

The UFC will do what it wants. Doesn't mean we can't call it out for its hypocritical bullshit and can't call out a bunch of mongs in the MMA media and on here for their selective outrage.

I would not let him back in if I were Dana. He acted like an over aroused pit bull that stupidly directed his energy into biting someone. What happens if he comes back and does that shit again??

Eff that. Everyone deserves second chances but that doesn’t mean his second chance needs to be in the UFC, and the UFC has plenty of fighters that would never bite someone like this guy did. Let’s move on. This dude does not belong in a cage fight. Blame it on his young age of 20? Fine, let’s see if he’s matured and in better control of his emotions when he’s 30.

Igor Severino’s life isn’t the same as it was one week ago.

As of now, the 20-year-old ex-UFC fighter doesn’t know if it’ll ever be even similar after he bit opponent Andre Lima during their March 23 fight at UFC on ESPN 53 in Las Vegas.

The highly unusual and flagrant foul disqualified him from the bout, cost him his spot on the UFC roster, and made international headlines far beyond the combat sports bubble.

“It’s been crazy – some crazy days,” Severino told MMA Junkie, through an interpreter, as he spoke on the incident for the first time publicly since it happened. “One day, I was fighting in the best promotion in the world. I was making my dream come true. The next moments, I’m banned from the promotion.”

Severino’s face appeared all over social media as the video went viral. His accounts were flooded with comments and messages, many of them unpleasant.

Severino remained out of the public eye and ear over the past six days until now, as he processed why and how he did what he did. Severino said he still hasn’t figured it all out, and isn’t sure he ever will.

“I come from humble beginnings,” Severino said. “I’ve been working since a very young age. I left my home as a teenager to come over to train and to get here. Then, to see all of this go away and in the way it did, it’s something that is not part of me. It’s not who I am as a person. That’s not who I am as a fighter. I just feel very regretful. It makes me very emotional and sad about it.

“My dream became a nightmare overnight. I’m very regretful to my opponent. I apologize to (Lima), to Dana (White), to the Nevada Athletic Commission, to Sean Shelby, who spoke to me after the fight, to Mick (Maynard) – everyone in the organization – and the fans. Sorry to everyone who was watching that on TV. They didn’t deserve to see that.”

more https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2024...everino-bite-reaction-vs-andre-lima-interview
I mean I feel very bad for the kid, but why exactly did he do it? I remember when Mike Kyle bit Wes Simms, but he didn't get caught.

I get that was a shitty thing to do but what I don’t get is who is writting shit on his socials? Imagine being an adult and taking time to look for this dude that you don’t know on IG and twitter and write one or several insults.

I get that was a shitty thing to do but what I don’t get is who is writting shit on his socials? Imagine being an adult and taking time to look for this dude that you don’t know on IG and twitter and write one or several insults.

It says in the article that people are sending death threats to his mum and family, as well. His mum claims to be very scared due to the death threats on her.

WTF is wrong with people? Human beings are trash.

It says in the article that people are sending death threats to his mum and family, as well. His mum claims to be very scared due to the death threats on her.

WTF is wrong with people? Human beings are trash.
Its so fucking weird, I grew up on the internet and it didn't even cross my mind to got insult thr dude, it happened, we made fun of it here and in the ufc's posts, we move on.

It will 100% define his career 😂 shit Paul Daley got permabanned from the UFC for throwing a sucker punch that barely even landed! You think Dana will let a known biter back? lol 😂

Is it as bad as taking peds or eye poking?

Peds and eye pokes can end careers. A love bite will go after a few days.

Should have given him a fine like 50% of his next 3 fight purses go to the guy he bit.

Apparently Gerard Gordeau was invited back to UFC 2 after biting Royce Gracie and Mike Kyle fought 2 more times in UFC after biting Wes Sims. Times have probably changed since then of course. Still seems pretty sad to lose a career over one incident. Some eye pokes or nut shots have been so bad that if I had a choice to take one of those or get bit like Igor did, I'd take the bite. I wish all fouls were taken more seriously in UFC. Biting is that line that goes too far I guess and you can't guarantee they won't do it again caught in the moment of frustration in the future.

He fucked up but I'd give him another chance. Dana slapped his wife and had another chance.
Domestic violence is never good. BUT... you act like Dana whoops his wife's ass when dinner isn't ready on time. She hit him first and no ones talks about what a dirtbag or how she's a lowlife husband beater. No one should put hands on anyone.

well, i guess the UFC is now in "make the organization look professional" mode because other fighters have bit people in the octagon and have not been banned.
sucks for Severino but you should never bite anyone in a professional MMA fight. maybe in a few years with some fights on the regional circuit he can get into PFL or something.

You are happy to ban a guy from an organisation for life for one foul and I'm the 'drama queen'. My call is for the opposite of the hysterical drama surrounding this incident and for a more sensible response.

If you have no problem with him continuing to compete, why are you cheerleading for him to be banned from the UFC? His punishment should apply to MMA in general and once he has served it, he should not be subjected to blacklisting without being given a second chance.

The UFC will do what it wants. Doesn't mean we can't call it out for its hypocritical bullshit and can't call out a bunch of mongs in the MMA media and on here for their selective outrage.
When did i say he should get banned for life mr drama queen? Cutting him was the right call. They can always let him back in the future.

I too would give the guy another chance. Mike Tyson bit Evander Holyfield and he got another chance. I certainly don't know what the Hell he was thinking, but maybe the pressure of being in the UFC for the first time, and possibly on TV for the first time, got the better of him. Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone. We all make mistakes.

It's an embarrassing foul at this stage in the game. Cut this bum.

How did he think he was going to get away with it

Fighters purposefly commit fouls all the time in the UFC. Many, many eye pokes and fence grabs and nut shots. People hold submissions too long or get in extra CT shots when a fighter is done. Rarely is anything ever done about it. He was rightfully DQ'd but I don't see a problem giving the guy another chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back