That was one of the greatest moments in MMA history

This is a typical response from someone who's having difficulty accepting the fact that America is starting to dominate the sport of MMA and that Brazil is getting left behind. I expect to see a whole lot less enthusiasm for the sport in Brazil in general.

Dude get off your high horse, this is the first time since around the time Hughes was champ that American fighters have been on this kind of run. I think all the excitement from last night is affecting your perspective of MMA in general.

- First of all besides the fact that Barao had an off night and the fact that Nova Uniao makes it a hobby to slap around to boys at Alpha Male, TJ just had his lunch eaten Assuncau(a brazilian fighter) not too long ago.

- Hendricks is the champ at WW by nothing more than default, as GSP figuratively give away the belt as a gift after dominating for nearly a decade

-Vai Cavalo and Machida are challenging for titles and while i do think Cain will dominate Werdum, you have to be alot more naive than I thought if youre drinking the Weidman Koolaid

- Bones is another paper champ, and if youre not legally blind then you didnt see anything else that him getting slapped around for nearly 4 straight rounds and squeak out the 5th for a BS decision. But that will fix itself out when Gusto gets his rematch

- Name another dominant champ who you see running their respective division besides Aldo and Cain

Face it bro, you have to stop living your dreams through your fellow countrymen and realize that MMA is a worldwide sport and theres about to be some color added to those belts.

PS FYI UFC is and AMERICAN based organization, please give me the demographics of its roster

Dude get off your high horse, this is the first time since around the time Hughes was champ that American fighters have been on this kind of run. I think all the excitement from last night is affecting your perspective of MMA in general.

- First of all besides the fact that Barao had an off night and the fact that Nova Uniao makes it a hobby to slap around to boys at Alpha Male, TJ just had his lunch eaten Assuncau(a brazilian fighter) not too long ago.

Barao did not have an off night. Go back and watch the Michael MacDonald and Eddie Wineland fights.

He lost the first round in the Wineland fight, and was getting tagged the same way he was against TJ. In the second round, Barao caught him flat footed hands down. In the Michael MacDonald fight, MacDonald hurt him in the first round, and gassed out in the later rounds allowing Barao to get the submission.

Barao is very very good at capitalizing on mistakes, and he should be commended for it. But he was never as unbeatable as everyone said he was. He had holes in his game. TJ didn't give him any mistakes to capitalize on. He was never stationary and always kept moving and staying busy.

Barao didn't have an "off night". He was simply and clearly outclassed by the better fighter. The only reason he seemed "off" was because he was getting punched in the face, several times.

And by the way, the majority of people scored the Assuncao/TJ fight for TJ.

sm6kw8.jpg

- Hendricks is the champ at WW by nothing more than default, as GSP figuratively give away the belt as a gift after dominating for nearly a decade

By default? Everyone scored Hendricks/GSP in favour of Hendricks. Keep up.

-Vai Cavalo and Machida are challenging for titles and while i do think Cain will dominate Werdum, you have to be alot more naive than I thought if youre drinking the Weidman Koolaid

"Weidman Koolaid" is a hilarious term. I suppose it isn't enough to stop the Greatest Fighter of all time in back to back fights. First fight being relatively dominant, and second being completely dominant.

I agree Machida is no joke, and he may even KO Weidman. I would not be surprised. But don't make it sound like Weidman is overhyped by bringing in the "kool-aid" metaphor. He's the favourite, and rightfully so.

- Bones is another paper champ, and if youre not legally blind then you didnt see anything else that him getting slapped around for nearly 4 straight rounds and squeak out the 5th for a BS decision. But that will fix itself out when Gusto gets his rematch

Hilarious. I don't think you know what the term "paper champ" means. Jones has arguably the best resume in MMA history. Dominating wins over Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Rashad and Belfort, Sonnen, Teixiera. And then he shows his heart in a brilliant fight against Gustafsson, coming back from serious adversity.

I also don't think you know how the 10 point scoring system works. Jones couldn't have won if he was "getting slapped around for nearly 4 straight rounds" and then squeaked out the 5th round for a "bullshit decision". That's now how it works. If that indeed happened, the scorecard would have been 49-46 Gus, which no one did.

By the way, Jones won that Gus fight:

30js97d.png

- Name another dominant champ who you see running their respective division besides Aldo and Cain

Jon Jones, Demetrious Johnson, and Ronda Rousey.

Back