That was one of the greatest moments in MMA history

War SKULL COUNTY

Have a few great fighters from a small mountain area.

Meh, Barao just didnt show up to fight and TJ probably wont stick around long enought to defend. Nothing more than a smaller scale replay of Serra or Forrest getting the belt.

Dont see how I said anyting wrong with this post, just think the thread title was a little overdramatic and with a little hindsight this will die down when TJ loses the belt soon (as I just dont believe he can be a dominant champ and see too many 135ers who can beat him). This wont be anymore than a night where a decent fighter in TJ stepped up and overachaived, but certainly not "one of the greatest moments in mma history".

I agree. that was truly amazing.... especially with the emotional send-off for bang. fuckin awesome. yes, this is why I watch mma. my night was nearly ruined by DC, but that main-event was a pleasant surprise. no sport can match this shit.

Whilst not as action packed I felt Cormiers win was a pleasure to watch as indeed was Lawlers, three guys putting in very technically strong performances where they worked there opponents over and put them away late in the fight.

Dont see how I said anyting wrong with this post, just think the thread title was a little overdramatic and with a little hindsight this will die down when TJ loses the belt soon (as I just dont believe he can be a dominant champ and see too many 135ers who can beat him). This wont be anymore than a night where a decent fighter in TJ stepped up and overachaived, but certainly not "one of the greatest moments in mma history".

I'd say somewhere inbetween, I do think you can say Barao had a bit of an off night tactically, he went out looking for what he thought would be an easy KO rather than trying to break Dillashaw down early. Still I think this fight differs a lot from Serra/GSP or Forrests upset wins in that I think TJ gave an outstanding performance.

If Dillashaw fights that well in the future then I disagree that he'll lose the belt easily.

I was thinking the exact same thing. He looked an awful lot like Cruz out there. I was expecting Joe or Godly to point that out but never did. I think TJ has more power than Cruz but I think Cruz may be a bit faster... Or was anyway before the ACL tear. I think Cruz could have beaten Barao though. Still, Cruz is still young so maybe we will get a chance to find out.

Joe said Cruz's name once, but it was in the middle of Goldie also talking I think. But yeah, I saw Dillashaw take a few chapters out of Cruz's playbook for sure.

It was absolutely awesome. The backstory with all the failed Alpha Male title shots and the history between Barao and Faber (and Nova Uniao and Alpha Male in general) made it even feel even bigger. It felt like a movie.

Really happy to see Team Alpha Male finally achieve the big one in the UFC and the entire team's reaction post-fight was a sight to behold. I never would have expected Barao-Dillashaw to give me one of the most memorable moments in UFC history.

I suppose I'm just not emotionally invested enough in TJ Dillashaw, Renan Barao, Duane Ludwig, or the BW division to get too excited.

A lot of people in social media really bashes and kinda disrespect TJ and his skills before the fight, this makes it really special, inspirational moment IMO

A lot of people were writing this event off, and it delivered!

Even if he does lose the belt quickly it doesn't take away from the fact that this was a brilliant performance by him. Everyone counted him out, yet he believed in himself and took it to an extremely dominant champion. I think it's very worthy of being one of the greatest moments of mma history. The fight, the people celebrating after, Joe's interview, it was all electrifying. Anyone who didn't feel that I truly feel sorry for. Must be depressing to be that kind of apathetic. Anyone who uses the term "meh" in general is someone I would never want to be around.

Gave Dillishaw next to no chance. Gotta go, my plate of crow is ready.

Yup, didn't expected it to go this way. Being underdog is one thing, but at these odds... Well played TJ, Alpha Male team and Ludwig.

I wasn't willing to put money down on Dillashaw. But by my numbers he was only a 2.25 underdog and not 8.00. And tonight he proved my point of not underestimating him. It's alphamales... what? 3rd try on Barao? And his only loses were a questionable stop and a split decision. Weird line, but that's why I make money consistently.

Definitely a great moment when Dillashaw was hugging Bang and you could see Bang crying like a baby. Credit to Dillashaw, he put on a great fight and completely dominated one of the best fighters alive.

i told everyone tj would win and you all laughed at me. i was never impressed with barao, he nearly got knocked out my michael mcdonald, but michael made a mistake and grabbed him instead of following up with punches when barao was hurt

This is a typical response from someone who's having difficulty accepting the fact that America is starting to dominate the sport of MMA and that Brazil is getting left behind. I expect to see a whole lot less enthusiasm for the sport in Brazil in general.

I was lmao every time they showed Urijah. He looked like this was just another day in the office, but the guy sitting next to him looked like he was shitting bricks.

This is a typical response from someone who's having difficulty accepting the fact that America is starting to dominate the sport of MMA and that Brazil is getting left behind. I expect to see a whole lot less enthusiasm for the sport in Brazil in general.

Umm...Brazil is still very good, the clear 2nd most dominant country. Vai Cavalo is fighting for the heaviweight strap in November, Machida is fighting for the belt in July, Vitor will get the next shot, Aldo is the FW champion, Jacare looks amazing and on and on. Brazil will remain very relevant in MMA forever.

Good performance but I did lol when rogan said that was greatest thing he ever seen. I was like really, that's the greatest?

Meh, Barao just didnt show up to fight and TJ probably wont stick around long enought to defend. Nothing more than a smaller scale replay of Serra or Forrest getting the belt.

He didn't show up to fight? Did you see him get knocked down in the first? Why don't you have one of your friends swing a baseball bat at your head to knock you down and then see if you are moving around normally for the next 20minutes

Back