That beauiful straight right hand that dropped Fury...

Luis Ortiz has 27 KOs in 32 wins.
Brezeale has 18 KOs out of 20 victories.
Stiverne KO'd 21 of the 25 guys he beat.
He's fought plenty of big hitters. Who are we talking about here? Whyte who just got KO'd by a shot 40 year old? Ajagba who is like Wilder but minus the technical skill?
These are not top level fighters though are they.

i agree with most of the post and the point it's making... but ajagba doesn't have wilder's skill? wilder has the skills of someone who started boxing 3 years ago.

he's athletic as fuck and he kills people when he touches them, he's not a technician. i'd say ajagba is already better than him, technique wise. i doubt he'll ever reach wilder's level of accomplishments, but i'd say he's already the better boxer.
Wilder sets up and delivers his right hand way better than ajagba. Ajagba has better balance so he looks more polished but his technical ability sucks too and he's slow as shit. I think Wilder's harder to hit than he is too

Wait until Wilder steps in the ring with someone with proper KO power. He hasn’t fought the division heavy hitters yet. Be interesting to see if he ever does.
Who are all these guys that hit harder than Fury? AJ and who else?

If/when Fury sits down on them, he can crack with the best of the hitters in the division.

Who are all these guys that hit harder than Fury? AJ and who else?

If/when Fury sits down on them, he can crack with the best of the hitters in the division.
Based on what? Beating wilder twice. I would say povetkin whyte AJ Dubois Ruiz can prob all hit harder than fury but have to see fury’s next fight to see. Fury beat wilder more by mauling him making him exhausted and then landing some shots

Based on what? Beating wilder twice. I would say povetkin whyte AJ Dubois Ruiz can prob all hit harder than fury but have to see fury’s next fight to see. Fury beat wilder more by mauling him making him exhausted and then landing some shots
Ask Chisora, Cunningham, Hammer, etc. When Fury lets it fly he hurts/stops everyone. And never once has he really punched the way Wilder/AJ/Whyte/etc do to KTFO their opponent.

Ask Chisora, Cunningham, Hammer, etc. When Fury lets it fly he hurts/stops everyone. And never once has he really punched the way Wilder/AJ/Whyte/etc do to KTFO their opponent.
Both times fury has KO wilder, wilder was exhausted. Problem is fury resume is as thin as wilders he will prob drop the belt and become a franchise champion and wait around

Both times fury has KO wilder, wilder was exhausted. Problem is fury resume is as thin as wilders he will prob drop the belt and become a franchise champion and wait around
Its almost as if Wilder is durable as all hell in his own right….. We already know this as we watched Ortiz beat the living fuck out of him for 1.5 rounds.

Its almost as if Wilder is durable as all hell in his own right….. We already know this as we watched Ortiz beat the living fuck out of him for 1.5 rounds.
Wasn’t Ortiz around 50 years old in their second fight?

i agree with most of the post and the point it's making... but ajagba doesn't have wilder's skill? wilder has the skills of someone who started boxing 3 years ago.

he's athletic as fuck and he kills people when he touches them, he's not a technician. i'd say ajagba is already better than him, technique wise. i doubt he'll ever reach wilder's level of accomplishments, but i'd say he's already the better boxer.
Is he really even athletic though? He’s kinda slow, methodical, has near nonexistent footwork, poor endurance,etc etc. Even Fury is more athletic than him just based on his movement, coordination, endurance, speed, and so on. He could probably beat Wilder in just about any one on one sport there is.

Is he really even athletic though? He’s kinda slow, methodical, has near nonexistent footwork, poor endurance,etc etc. Even Fury is more athletic than him just based on his movement, coordination, endurance, speed, and so on. He could probably beat Wilder in just about any one on one sport there is.
I think by athletic he means that Wilder is far more explosive than Fury, which he is. He's faster and obviously a lot more powerful. Fury's better coordinated, more agile, has much better stamina, has better balance, and is physically stronger but his strength advantage is, in large part, due to his sheer size & weight. Both are athletic but in different ways.

I think by athletic he means that Wilder is far more explosive than Fury, which he is. He's faster and obviously a lot more powerful. Fury's better coordinated, more agile, has much better stamina, has better balance, and is physically stronger but his strength advantage is, in large part, due to his sheer size & weight. Both are athletic but in different ways.
Yeah I would agree that he’s more explosive than Fury. Especially at his current weight. Aside from being able to throw a quick right cross though I think Tyson is still the better athlete. At over 270 pounds and much thicker in the waist he’s still able to dance around for the entire fight and land more often with better timing, balance, and endurance. I’ve always thought of being athletic as someone who’s all around physically talented. Not just explosive but with great balance, speed, good eye, physically fit, etc. People who because of those attributes are good at just about any sport while having at least one that they probably excel in. Like the Bo Jackson types. I think a lot of people today apply that word just based on what someone looks like. If they’re jacked then they must be athletic and that’s just not true. Bodybuilders are a good example of that. Unless they’re a rare exception like Jujimufu lol.

40 year old Ortiz off the juice but ok….as I say everyone is judging wilder and fury based on their fights vs each other when both have paper thing resumes and haven’t fought anyone else of note

40 year old Ortiz off the juice but ok….as I say everyone is judging wilder and fury based on their fights vs each other when both have paper thing resumes and haven’t fought anyone else of note
Wladimir Klitschko had 3 major belts + the IBO belt, was a -500 favorite against Fury and on a 21-fight win streak. No amount of revisionism will make him not "anyone of note".

Wladimir Klitschko had 3 major belts + the IBO belt, was a -500 favorite against Fury and on a 21-fight win streak. No amount of revisionism will make him not "anyone of note".
Outside of wlad obviously and that was a very different style fury (not a worse style just different) Fury needs to fight the other top HW but I already can tell be lucky if he fights once a year/18m already saying he won’t fight fight his wbc mandatory

Look man, I dont know how you watch these guys and question chins or power. If you knew nothing about either other than their size and then watched the beatings they can take its impressive in itself. I get you hate Wilder and thats fine but you really cant seem to view anything about him objectively.

Cunningham's a cruiserweight and was mostly getting worn down and mauled. Chisora just took a lot of punches. There are lots of guys in the division who hit significantly harder than Fury.

Wilder is very durable though, beyond a doubt, he proved that over and over with Ortiz and Fury.

beautiful right hand you say ?

2gahzl9.gif

Wilder could have won had he hurt Fury earlier in the 4th round. In the 10th round also he landed some solid punches but he ran out of time (and energy) to finish the job.

Back