Thai vs. Vietnamese food

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
There's quite a few of Thai and Vietnamese restaurants in my city. Which cuisine do you prefer? I've only tried a few items from each, but it's still very hard to pick which one's better. For Thai, I've tried Panang curry, beef basil, etc.. for Vietnamese, I'd have had differerent types of Pho, garlic chicken wings, spring rolls, etc.

cOckaFq.png

vit-nam cu-beef da bes

SohNwut.png

Thai's are better! They even got that dish called pad thai and that raw beef shit mixed with cow poop!
Don't ask me how I know I just hang out with lotta mountain people.

Thai by a mile in my opinion. Like the spices and flavors they use much better.

Also, not getting why you posted you're weird animation fetish. Probably should have posted pics of Viet and Thai food.

Thai by a mile in my opinion. Like the spices and flavors they use much better.

Also, not getting why you posted you're weird animation fetish. Probably should have posted pics of Viet and Thai food.

...can't believe you didn't get it..

Pad Thai is consistently better but a good Pho is beats a good Pad Thai

I would rate them about the same and would just depend on the mood. If I had to generalize Asian food I have it ranked like this.

1. Japanese / Chinese
2. Korean
3. Thai / Vietnamese / Indian (if you count as Asian food)
4. Everything else.

Probably my two favorites. Thai via curry though

I prefer Thai but I would rate the average Vietnamese restaurant higher. Probably mostly because there are a lot of Vietnamese in the US and not very many Thais at all, so most Vietnamese restaurants are run by Vietnamese but not the same for Thai.

I wouldn’t say one is better than the other though. It’s just my personal taste.

I had a duck dish with crispy basil leaves from some tiny restaurant in Bangkok that was one of the best meals I've ever had. That said, I haven't had Thai food since I went to Thailand three years ago. I have to be in the mood for most Thai food, but I can eat pho pretty much any time.

raw beef shit mixed with cow poop!

Pretty sure this is traditionally Laos food. I have eaten it there but not in Thailand. And it's stuff from cow intestines, not actual poop. Unless of course we are talking about different things.

Also TS:
Thai food is better for me. They have heavy flavoring, no matter spicy, sour or sweetness.
Vietnamese food is slightly bland in comparison. They also relies alot on Basil/mint leaves and coriander, which I personally dislike.

Thai all day long. Although I do love Vietnamese food. But Thai food is just the fucking best. Plus their coffee is better. Vietnamese coffee tastes like an elephant’s butthole dipped in another elephant’s butthole.

Back