Thai vs. Vietnamese food

Was just pondering this question with my wife as we ate Vietnamese cuisine this afternoon. Gotta go with Thai. Pho is overrated.

There's quite a few of Thai and Vietnamese restaurants in my city. Which cuisine do you prefer? I've only tried a few items from each, but it's still very hard to pick which one's better. For Thai, I've tried Panang curry, beef basil, etc.. for Vietnamese, I'd have had differerent types of Pho, garlic chicken wings, spring rolls, etc.

cOckaFq.png
Pho over pad Thai

I prefer Thai but I would rate the average Vietnamese restaurant higher. Probably mostly because there are a lot of Vietnamese in the US and not very many Thais at all, so most Vietnamese restaurants are run by Vietnamese but not the same for Thai.

I wouldn’t say one is better than the other though. It’s just my personal taste.
Most viet restaurants here are run by chinese

Thai I like pad Thai and pad see ew, also the drunken noodle one

Viet - pho, bun bo hue, banh mi, Viet pork chops with broken rice

There's quite a few of Thai and Vietnamese restaurants in my city. Which cuisine do you prefer? I've only tried a few items from each, but it's still very hard to pick which one's better. For Thai, I've tried Panang curry, beef basil, etc.. for Vietnamese, I'd have had differerent types of Pho, garlic chicken wings, spring rolls, etc.

Is Panang curry considered Thai? Thats like saying eating a bowl of Texas chilli is having Mexican food. Not sure but Thai curry is more yellow/green vs red.

Couple things are ok, but in general, I don't actually like Vietnamese food that much.

I lived in Thailand for 3 years and I also got to travel throughout Vietnam on multiple occasions.

Thai food hands down for me.

Vietnamese is a great option, but Thai food blows it out of the water. there are levels to this. Thai is one of the p4p goats of cuisine.

Seems like Vietnamese food is a healthier type of cuisine, less salty in my opinion, on average

I live in Thailand and I've been in Vietnam for the past few weeks.

Thai food is simply better. Viet is cheap and has some nice healthy options though.

Thai cuisine is what I wanna eat when going out. Vietnamese cooking when I'm at home, if it makes any sense.

Probably my two favorites. Thai via curry though
Absolutely. Curry is the goat. That's why I'd take Indian over Vietnamese as well

Absolutely. Curry is the goat. That's why I'd take Indian over Vietnamese as well
Indian food is disgusting and so are Indian people.

Back