Thai Pads

CaNaDiAn'ChAmP-

Green Belt
Reaction score
I did a search but didnt find anything so....

I like using thai pads in training and i was wonderin if anyone has bought thai pads and put them on a pole or something in their home?

if so how did it work?

i think it might damage the pads if your not careful.... and it would suck because you would be so limited on what you could do with them.

i would use a heavy bag myself.... i know its a bit more expensive but i think its more valuable than mounted thai pads.

If you're just going to attach them to a poll you might as well just hang a heavy bag..? The pads are designed to be held by a person, and I think that's probably their best use. They're meant for more dynamic use because the holder is leading you combos. If they're stationary it would sort of defeat the purpose...

If you wanna strap something to a pole get a long heavy bag, targets that dont budge when you hit them are good for developing power. At my gym we have one which I use for kicks because it's kinda dumb to punch a bag chained to a pole, to stiff.

hey, quick question, what are some good brands of thai pads and where can i get them online... I really want to get a set but no where around here sells them.. thanks guys

dont try to munt on mitts or thai pads onto a pole or anything. my idiot friend strapped thai pads onto a pole and started kicking them. so stupid. the straps will sooner or later abruptly rip right off the pads and will be useless. dont do it

CaNaDiAn'ChAmP- said:
I did a search but didnt find anything so....

I like using thai pads in training and i was wonderin if anyone has bought thai pads and put them on a pole or something in their home?

if so how did it work?
This is one of the craziest things I have ever heard. Why not just get a hanging bag that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Metafour said:
This is one of the craziest things I have ever heard. Why not just get a hanging bag that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

$$$$ probably

actually.... a cheap bag is less than most thai pads.

just buy a bag

Better to have someone hold them. Your opponent will never stand still like a pole. Have someone hold them, so they can vary the height, angle, punch, kick, knee, etc. Buy a free standing heavy bag, if you want to kick something steady.

Back