Texas Democrats launch largest voter registration campaign to hobble GOP's grip on the state

PolishHeadlock2

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Sounds good to me.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/tex...egistration-campaign-hobble/story?id=68150180

Texas Democrats, fueled by the party’s nearly quarter-century-held dream of turning Texas blue, are mounting an aggressive ground-game operation with the largest voter registration program in the state's history, according to the state party, and an expansive voter protection effort ahead of the 2020 election.

The two-pronged campaign, which aims to add to the party's 2018 gains up and down the ballot, will target unregistered voters who they believe are potential new Democrats, and safeguard the right to vote for Texans, in partnership with Fair Fight 2020, the multi-million dollar initiative launched by Stacey Abrams, a Georgia Democrat who considered a bid for president and the U.S. Senate last year.

"The rapidly emerging Democratic coalition in Texas has set the stage for historic Democratic gains at the ballot box," Cliff Walker, the deputy executive director of the state party, said in a statement announcing the program. "We are committing our resources to register and engage a new electorate that is more progressive and represents the diversity of our great state. Shifting the electorate in Texas is our top priority."

For Abrams' group, Texas is one of the 20 battleground states that Fair Fight 2020 is targeting to promote voters' rights and fair election policies ahead of November. Fair Fight began investing resources in Texas last month.

"Fair Fight is proud to partner with the Texas Democratic Party to fund, train and support a robust voter protection initiative through our Fair Fight 2020 initiative," said Seth Bringman, a spokesman for Fair Fight. "Republicans in Texas have, for a long time, sought to make it harder to vote, particularly for voters of color, and it takes a dedicated voter protection team on the ground well before Election Day to make sure all Texans’ voices can be heard."

At the core of the registration effort, which the state party says will be in collaboration with the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the campaign arm for U.S. House Democrats, is an ambitious goal to register "a share of the estimated 2,600,000 Texans who are likely to vote Democratic," by using data-driven programs, deploying 1,000 field organizers and canvassers on the ground, and mailing hundreds of thousands of voter registration applications to unregistered voters across the state.

Despicable underhanded tactics by Democrats because they can't win in Texas fair and square

Sounds better than just offering free things to illegals and minorities for their vote.

Sounds better than just offering free things to illegals and minorities for their vote.

Defense companies, broke ass farmers, coal workers, and billion dollar corporations are better recipients for free shit imo.

{<hhh]

Dems have as much chance winning Texas as Trump does winning Los Angeles, which is Zero.

Dems have as much chance winning Texas as Trump does winning Los Angeles, which is Zero.
I would not count on it. There is a big chance that the Dems could swing Texas. A lot of illegals are there and can change things. Also there will be major backlash from the piece of shit that shot up the Walmart.

I would not count on it. There is a big chance that the Dems could swing Texas. A lot of illegals are there and can change things. Also there will be major backlash from the piece of shit that shot up the Walmart.

OVC22Jq.gif

Meh... Tell you this... If the Democrats can put up a candidate that's not a complete embarrassment, he/she will have a chance to upset Trump in Texas.

Remember, Texas was one of the states where Trump did not win in the Republican Primary. And a lot of his policies have hurt some of the industries here... like the steel tariffs. Also, the main city centers are heavy Democrat, like Houston, San Antonio, Dallas and Austin... though the suburbs are not.

Personally, I didn't vote for him... just couldn't do it. Went Libertarian instead... lol. Which was a waste I know, just couldn't do it on principal.

The only two I think could do it currently would be Biden and Gabbard... Gabbard just because Hillary hates her so much. I don't think Warren, Bloomberg and Sanders would have a chance.

LOL this guy thinks illegals vote in elections like its 2016 again.

Despicable underhanded tactics by Democrats because they can't win in Texas fair and square
I went to register the other day in North Dakota after recently moving here. Turns out there is no voter registration required. Funny how vOtEr FrAuD concerns are not a thing in a state that is overwhelmingly white.

I guess that could happen. There is a reason why Hillary beat Trump in LA by 2,000,000 votes.

I don't think Texas is near as right as a lot of people think. The older population which votes the most certainly are, but I really think it's going to be a swing state within the next decade with the right losing numbers and the left gaining more.

Immigrants are all very conservative by the way, it should be easy for the right to gain their votes if they didn't use them as a scapegoat to fearmonger.

I went to register the other day in North Dakota after recently moving here. Turns out there is no voter registration required. Funny how vOtEr FrAuD concerns are not a thing in a state that is overwhelmingly white.
Just bring your state issued ID with a ND address on it and you’re golden.

And welcome to North Dakota!

worked well for Beto hahahah

they better pick better candidates, El Paso and San Antonio can't carry the whole state

and tons of rednecks still there

It’s a commendable effort, more voters will always improve the quality of democratic representation, and could create change from the ground up by reorienting political power in some of the small political fiefdoms that are scattered throughout the state. I’m pretty sure the Republican Party has bough and paid for the next round of governor, senate and presidential votes in the state already though.

I don't think Texas is near as right as a lot of people think. The older population which votes the most certainly are, but I really think it's going to be a swing state within the next decade with the right losing numbers and the left gaining more.

Immigrants are all very conservative by the way, it should be easy for the right to gain their votes if they didn't use them as a scapegoat to fearmonger.
Immigrants are conservative (of course) but they side with the anti-white white people so they can have extra rights. This is the truth.

Defense companies, broke ass farmers, coal workers, and billion dollar corporations are better recipients for free shit imo.

{<hhh]
Broke ass farmers? Utterly wrong. Rich ass farmers you meant. Millionaire farmers and billionaire corporations, because nothing less than the best deserves subsidies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back