Economy Tesla threatens moving out of California; is annoyed by pro-lockdown sentiments there.

I could never understand how a car company can have such emotionally invested fanboys. YouTube is full of them.

It's a corporation dude. They make a product. So fucking what.

I could never understand how a car company can have such emotionally invested fanboys. YouTube is full of them.

Tesla is the Apple of the automotive world.

This is tangential to this current thread, but @Lubaolong, since you said this in another thread:
Elon giving up most worldly possessions to improve productivity and focus more mental efforts and time on getting humans to Mars.
you should really take a good look at this:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-techs-cash-poor-billionaire-11588967043

Cliffs:
He negotiated the right to buy 1.6 million shares of stock for ~300 per share IF he met certain performance expectations. And since he did, he now gets to purchase those shares and make ~$750 million profit.

The only problem? He didn't have that sort of cash lying around. And THAT'S why he sold off his houses.

Which is perfectly fine and legal, but please don't mistake this for anything other than a self-serving maneuver.

Can we please stop pretending he's anything other than a ruthless Randian technocrat?

Well part of it is paid astroturfing. Tesla "doesn't buy ads"
But they do have a MASSIVE referral network and at least 4-5 paid shill blogs they have people operating that they dangle inside scoops and product releases to. For example, when you Google "Tesla" it will bring up news results, and their SEO has it such that sites like Teslarati.com and Electrek.co , which post literally nothing but Tesla content, get journalistic placement equal to like Wall Street Journal or the New York Times.
Many of the people on YouTube are getting paid either directly or thru referral links. I believe I saw a report that something like 300 people had made over $400,000 each in referral link generation alone via Tesla.

In Detroit there's this one huckster named Sandy Munroe who saw a great chance to get onboard with Tesla for a marketing campaign. He first broke down an early Tesla and was critical of it. Tesla fanbois freaked the fuck out and Elon Musk has a personal call with the guy. What does he do now? Somehow gets his hands on new Tesla models as they release and sings their praises and works exclusively on making videos promoting Tesla now lol.

Last edited:
they wont come to Nevada. our governor is so far up the governor of cali's ass, we wouldn't even take them so we don't make cali mad

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/fr...esla-hq-and-fremont-factory-out-of-california

Texas or Nevada. Tesla is not with the lefty cult that really favors extended lock-downs almost completely in unison. I have been open minded, and I do not have Gretchen derangement syndrome, but as it becomes clear that "pro-lock-down" becomes a political position more than a thought out rational one, the more I dislike it. Tesla seems to feel the same.
Good for him. I am sure he is capable of running his plant and taking appropriate social distancing and sanitation precautions. People being out of work and unable to feed their families is now becoming unacceptable.

Tesla is the Apple of the automotive world.
In more ways than one.
They have just surpassed VAG in market cap and are now the 2nd highest valued company in their industry.

Apple's market cap is second behind Microsoft currently. Though I'm not sure you can say they're in the same industry anymore when Apple's profits come from consumer electronics while Microsoft's is from software and cloud solutions.

Nonetheless, the current valuations are insane. Not only is Tesla above VW, but Ferrari is above Daimler and BMW.

they wont come to Nevada. our governor is so far up the governor of cali's ass, we wouldn't even take them so we don't make cali mad
Nevada has already given Tesla a billion dollar corporate welfare package back in 2014 for a battery factory. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I believe they already have manufacturing in sparks or Reno

In more ways than one.
They have just surpassed VAG in market cap and are now the 2nd highest valued company in their industry.

Apple's market cap is second behind Microsoft currently. Though I'm not sure you can say they're in the same industry anymore when Apple's profits come from consumer electronics while Microsoft's is from software and cloud solutions.

Nonetheless, the current valuations are insane. Not only is Tesla above VW, but Ferrari is above Daimler and BMW.

Yet they are not even top 20 by units produced. That looks extremely fishy to me. Are we looking at the next WeWork.
A California company operating in a traditional industry (property-WeWork Automotive-Tesla) that convinces people to judge them by the rules of a different industry (Software Tech) until the realities of the industry they are actually in start to bite. (As happened to WeWork).

Rank Group Country Vehicles
1 Toyota Japan 10,213,486
2 Volkswagen Group Germany 10,126,281
3 Hyundai / Kia South Korea 7,889,538
4 General Motors
(with SAIC-GM-Wuling)[d] United States
(China) 7,793,066
(9,937,434)
5 Ford United States 6,457,773
6 Nissan Japan 5,556,241
7 Honda Japan 4,999,266
8 FCA Italy / United States 4,681,457
9 Renault France 3,373,278
10 Groupe PSA France 3,152,787
11 Suzuki Japan 2,945,295
12 SAIC China 2,564,786
13 Daimler Germany 2,526,450
14 BMW Germany 2,359,756
15 Changan China 1,715,871
16 Mazda Japan 1,586,013
17 BAIC China 1,343,682
18 Dongfeng Motor China 1,315,490
19 Geely China 1,266,456
20 Great Wall China 1,094,360

Nevada has already given Tesla a billion dollar corporate welfare package back in 2014 for a battery factory. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I believe they already have manufacturing in sparks or Reno

it was more of a frustration post that Sisolak kisses California's ass at every turn and he governs by looking at what they do as a model of what we should do than an actual realistic thought on the tesla thing

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/fr...esla-hq-and-fremont-factory-out-of-california

Texas or Nevada. Tesla is not with the lefty cult that really favors extended lock-downs almost completely in unison. I have been open minded, and I do not have Gretchen derangement syndrome, but as it becomes clear that "pro-lock-down" becomes a political position more than a thought out rational one, the more I dislike it. Tesla seems to feel the same.
The USA has 1.4 million coronavirus cases!!! How in the world can you responsibly reopen??

Dude saw the reaction to the chick in Dallas and wanted a piece of that attention pie.

Something fishy going on with Musk. Theres more here than meets the eye.

Do what you gotta do, Elon. Don't talk about it. Do it.

He gets one case of çovid in that factory and he’s getting a massive liability suit filed against him, with the quickness too.

Both, by the infected individual(s) and the county.

This guy is the dork in high school that secretly wishes he was one of the cool kids and now that he has the media spotlight he is trying to relive his fantasy by doing something he thinks is rebellious. What a dweeb. Overrated cars and his weird cultists I'll never understand.

Back