Economy Tesla threatens moving out of California; is annoyed by pro-lockdown sentiments there.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/fr...esla-hq-and-fremont-factory-out-of-california

Texas or Nevada. Tesla is not with the lefty cult that really favors extended lock-downs almost completely in unison. I have been open minded, and I do not have Gretchen derangement syndrome, but as it becomes clear that "pro-lock-down" becomes a political position more than a thought out rational one, the more I dislike it. Tesla seems to feel the same.

Well...cheaper taxes too in those states.

Aside from the talent pool, CA is not necessarily known for being business friendly...too many regulations out here.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/fr...esla-hq-and-fremont-factory-out-of-california

Texas or Nevada. Tesla is not with the lefty cult that really favors extended lock-downs almost completely in unison. I have been open minded, and I do not have Gretchen derangement syndrome, but as it becomes clear that "pro-lock-down" becomes a political position more than a thought out rational one, the more I dislike it. Tesla seems to feel the same.

Not really, shes letting some workers come out safely, even though the lockdown was extended through end of May

"Big Gretch with the buffs on, on the lookout
and she doin it for Michigan
so when shes on the stand, everyone should be listenin"

Good. Fuck California. The only good things about cali are the weather and the weed. Every other aspect sucks.

Tough times were coming for Tesla anyway as traditional automakers move their capacity over to BEV.

almost zero ccw permits in California has me wanting to me to leave CA. criminals have guns here and we are sitting ducks in this situation has robberies going up.

Just another charade to sell cars and get random dumb people to worship a conman.
Literally half the cars Tesla sold in America were in Calfornia for 2018-2019 which gave the company any legitimacy, and the state has spent billions of dollars on subsidies for the guy. Now he wants to run away and beg for corporate welfare in Texas now that he is trying to sell trucks and sports cars to conservatives, since the wealthy neoliberals are now tapped out and he can find new suckers.

Musk literally is the walking embodiment of the "How do you do fellow ___?" meme. One day he is claiming to save Flint water crisis when begging for government money to build a factory in Detroit. Then he is sending toy Teslas to a UK childrens hospital when trying to get money from the British.
When his stock was tanking from coronavirus he suddenly had all the answers and cures after calling it a "dumb joke" a week earlier.
Now it's "I fucking love freedom; give me money for trucks Texas!"

And it's working like a charm; one of Sherdog's proudest right wingers has taken a sudden interest in the guy and is making threads about it.

Last edited:
Good. Fuck California. The only good things about cali are the weather and the weed. Every other aspect sucks.
If you were average and short you could nail really young chicks if you got involved in the entertainment industry.. If that's your thing. All you had to do was A. Let the right people know you were a creep B. Maybe do blow with the right people C. Be a little gay and/or D. Be a pretend far lefty who lives nothing about what you preach

Well...cheaper taxes too in those states.

Aside from the talent pool, CA is not necessarily known for being business friendly...too many regulations out here.
Are you kidding me?
Tesla literally exists because of how much taxpayer money was given to Elon Musk by CA and NY.
If he moves to TX he will also be seeking corporate welfare.
All to sell cars to rich people.

Just another charade to sell cars and get random dumb people to worship a conman.
Literally half the cars Tesla sold in America were in Calfornia and the state has spent billions of dollars on subsidies for the guy. Now he wants to run away and beg for corporate welfare in Texas now that he is trying to sell trucks and sports cars to conservatives since the wealthy neoliberals are now tapped out.
Oh wow, another post like this from you LOL you really are something. Also, you contradict yourself with that first statement followed by "literally half the teslas sold were in california"

Oh wow, another post like this from you LOL you really are something. Also, you contradict yourself with that first statement followed by "literally half the teslas sold were in california"
I literally don't kow what you just said.
How can I contradict myself with a single statement? That would require 2 statements.
But hey, here's a source cause I know what I'm talking about and not just a complete retard talking out of my ass:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...fornia-for-almost-half-of-model-3s-registered

Tesla Inc.’s home state of California accounted for almost half of all Model 3 registrations through the first 10 months of 2018, a sign that the electric-car maker is wildly popular in the Golden State but not yet ubiquitous in other parts of the country.

Tough times were coming for Tesla anyway as traditional automakers move their capacity over to BEV.

Oh did they start making batteries? Nope. Bottleneck. And losing profit by buy 3rd person batteries.

Oh did they start making batteries? Nope. Bottleneck. And losing profit by buy 3rd person batteries.

I'll give Tesla their props, they make the best BEVs on the market right now. I'd love to own one. But the writing is on the wall.

Volkswagon, for example, is a Behemoth that would put Tesla in their back pocket and they have committed to BEVs.
The other giants are starting to take electric vehicles seriously too (except Toyota lol).

I believe Samsung have made huge strides in solid state batteries. Battery tech is going to accelerate and change hugely and Tesla aren't big enough to control it.

shit, we'll take the jobs and tax money.
lol what tax money?
California literally pays Tesla to sell cars.
Texas already gave Musk $100 mil in tax subsidies for SpaceX in 2014 when he claimed he would have a functional spaceport running by 2018. Ooops they have nothing to show for it.
He wants Texas to subsidize him again and build hype for his cars.
NY spent over a billion dollars to build him a solar factory...half the equipment is unused and they have yet to meet their employment goals. But Musk's cronyism runs deep and the state is waiving the fines they agreed to enforce when giving the subsidies.

Are you kidding me?
Tesla literally exists because of how much taxpayer money was given to Elon Musk by CA and NY.
If he moves to TX he will also be seeking corporate welfare.
All to sell cars to rich people.
dont forget he wiped 11billion in value off his own companys stock with a tweet recently, the mans a twat, and like steve jobs people worship him because they think he invented all of his companys products, instead of clever people working for the company.

dont forget he wiped 11billion in value off his own companys stock with a tweet recently, the mans a twat, and like steve jobs people worship him because they think he invented all of his companys products, instead of clever people working for the company.
The guy literally sued the actual founders for the right to say he founded Tesla. I've never seen someone who is such a blatant conman get so much praise from the media and masses, and that includes Trump (since Trump has a ton of haters, while Musk somehow doesn't)

Last edited:
I have no opinion on a particular part of a particular state opening up, and I like Musk... but I do find it amusing he sees no problem operating his factory in an authoritarian state that imposes communist ideology and perpetrates human rights violations daily. So now he cares about "freedom" eh?

What he said is spot on actually and is indicated by how many likes he has compared to your zero likes.

What he said is spot on actually and is indicated by how many likes he has compared to your zero likes.

Hmm, so if enough fuckheads hit the like button enough times this will determine who is right? Interesting.

Back