Tesla stock is going crazy

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So, after the crash in 2007/2008, I first got in on the stock market. I had recently seen a Tesla roadster and thought it was cool so I bought like 5 shares at $17 a share (something close to that). I didn't know how successful Tesla would be and thought there was a chance they'd fail, so I didn't want to get in too deep. Since then I bought a few more at around $200 a share.

Man, I should have bought hundreds at first though. The stock is going nuts the last few days and it's at $765 now:

somkuoj.jpg

thats great dog, keep making that paper

why didnt you tell me to buy some asshole?

Next time bro. Buy some Teladoc.
you think I should buy some amazon stock and hope they ultimately in 20 years buy out google/disney and rule the world?

you think I should buy some amazon stock and hope they ultimately in 20 years buy out google/disney and rule the world?

Amazon is pretty safe too if you have the scratch.

If someone dropped 20k on that, they would almost be a millionaire.

If someone dropped 20k on that, they would almost be a millionaire.
If I would have just sat on my bitcoins instead of using them to buy drugs, I would literally be posting from my ferrari in mansions driveway

...........and it makes me want to swallow a few bullets every time I think about it

why didnt you tell me to buy some asshole?
People have been telling you, for years now. You just ignored it and you missed out. Just go back and see the countless Tesla threads all over this forum.

TBF, I didn't think they would turn the corner quite this fast. I knew it'd happen eventually, but not until the Gigafactories in China and Germany were fully operational. This is a nice little surprise.

Tesla was basically shit for years because the business model is almost retarded, so if we would have bought it when it was in the shitter, we'd be making bank now, but thats a long risky bet

Remember Faraday? it was supposed to beat Tesla at their own game, now they are gone and most likely commited ritual castration among themselves

People have been telling you, for years now. You just ignored it and you missed out. Just go back and see the countless Tesla threads all over this forum.

TBF, I didn't think they would turn the corner quite this fast. I knew it'd happen eventually, but not until the Gigafactories in China and Germany were fully operational. This is a nice little surprise.
Similar conversation I had with a buddy about bitcoin years ago.

I bought a bunch at $30. My friends all laughed at me.

Now they are all kicking themselves.

Good news there is always something new coming on the horizon. Dont be pussies and invest in your future.

Don't remind me man. It would have taken balls, but I could have almost done that back then.
The combined lobbying efforts of the auto giants and the petroleum industry were trying to crush Tesla from its inception. And it didn't help that clueless dumbasses were repeating the same propaganda to undermine the company. It's a lot like the criticisms Amazon faced in their early days when they were hemorrhaging money to establish market share. Or Netflix in their expansion phase.

Here's the scary part- most Americans do not even have access to buy Tesla. It's still mostly done by word of mouth so it's being propagated among the population like a virus. Once they start advertising it's a wrap. Did you see how much automakers spent advertising their EV vaporware on the Super Bowl last night?

Passed on Telsa at sub 180 for weed stocks... fml. 10k could have been 40k.

The combined lobbying efforts of the auto giants and the petroleum industry were trying to crush Tesla from its inception. And it didn't help that clueless dumbasses were repeating the same propaganda to undermine the company. It's a lot like the criticisms Amazon faced in their early days when they were hemorrhaging money to establish market share. Or Netflix in their expansion phase.

Here's the scary part- most Americans do not even have access to buy Tesla. It's still mostly done by word of mouth so it's being propagated among the population like a virus. Once they start advertising it's a wrap. Did you see how much automakers spent advertising their EV vaporware on the Super Bowl last night?
Your 1st paragraph was exactly why I stayed away from Tesla stock. However in hindsight I should have known Musk wouldn't allow it to fail.

Linear regression for the last 5 years shows 10,274.5 days or 28.12 years before the stock reaches 1,000 per share.

Given how much its jumped up recently probably not a good idea to base it on the 5 year history, though. Depends on how you like to play the market. :p

Here's a live tally of Automakers' market caps.

Tesla now has the second largest market cap, and its stock is still currently undervalued. It can still fail if some revolutionary technology surpasses the efficiency of lithium batteries, but the chances of that happening anytime soon are lower than me beating Jon Jones inside the octagon.

Your 1st paragraph was exactly why I stayed away from Tesla stock. However in hindsight I should have known Musk wouldn't allow it to fail.
The Model Y and Cybertruck are not even out yet (yeah, it's "priced in" but the actual public sentiment will surpass expectations). In that sense, you should see the current price as a bargain.

Back