Tesla stock is going crazy

Huh? BoA was about $4 after the crash. Now it's about $34... something like 900 to 1000%.

Tesla was $20 and now it's $750... that's like 3750%. Not even close.

I know man, I realized that after looking at BoA price but decided not to correct. THANKS.

I thought about buying some last fall thinking that something like this could happen at some point. Oh well. It's still been a good year.

Tesla's vehicle production only forms part of it's valuation. The last report I read was around 30%.

Long term the other parts of the business are going to pay off in a big way.
* Battery tech (each day the list of patents gets bigger)
* Solar Roofs (this could explode)
* Supercharger stations (they are basically going to own a large portion of every refueling station in NA.)
* Battery storage ( as battery tech improves and costs come down I see a day where these will be mandatory on all new home builds.)
* Tesla insurance (only in California atm but the plan is for Tesla to offer insurance to all tesla owners at a discount)

They also don't have the crippling union/pension legacy costs of GM/Ford.

I can see the day where they start to offer package deals. A solar roof, power cell, wireless home charger and insurance for price X. Maybe even offer you a discount on the price of the vehicle of you allow them to put a solar roof on your house (they collect profits).

They also don't have the crippling union/pension legacy costs of GM/Ford.
This is a big part of why Tesla is valued much higher than Ford and GM combined, despite selling a fraction of the cars.

And people here tried to argue that once the legacy automakers turn their attention to EV they'd crush Tesla within a quarter. lol, they're basically steering a sinking ship saddled down with massive debt and obsolete factories.

VAG is the only company that has a fighting chance- and that's only because they've already suffered through the consequences of Dieselgate and understood the dire situation they were in. And even with their early pivot to EV, it may still not be enough.

Look at that list of market caps I posted earlier. Most of them will be merged or extinct within the next 20 years.

Damn it shot up like crazy today.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/teslas-biggest-bull-stampedes-to-a-7000-price-target-2020-02-03

"“The electric vehicle is going to drop below the price of a gas-powered vehicle, like-for-like, within the next 18 months to two years, and then will continue to fall,” Wood said in an interview on Barron’s Market Brief. “So, it’s going to be a no-brainer. Electric cars are going to be cheaper and they’re better cars, they’re better calls.”

Over the next five years, ARK expects sales of electric vehicles to total about one-third of all auto sales, with Tesla’s share at about 18% — unless other manufacturers lag behind. “We’re not as worried about Tesla when it comes to that forecast, we’re more concerned that other auto manufacturers really haven’t even gotten started in this game,” Wood said."

I think this dude has a definite point. It's like Sony with mirrorless cameras if anyone knows anything about cameras. Mirrorless is taking over camera tech and Sony has a huge head start and all the other camera companies are trying to play catch up right now.

Yeah it did. $780. It was $580 last Wednesday and $430 a month ago.
This reminds of when DXCM stock shot up from $153 to $194 in one day after the just projected it to go to $250. My wife jumped on early and bought a nice amount of stock. Now it's at $239 with projects to $300 in a year. I usually don't play around with much single stocks, but it's cool to hear when certain stocks soar. As usual I'll stick to mostly my boring investments.

This is a big part of why Tesla is valued much higher than Ford and GM combined, despite selling a fraction of the cars.

And people here tried to argue that once the legacy automakers turn their attention to EV they'd crush Tesla within a quarter. lol, they're basically steering a sinking ship saddled down with massive debt and obsolete factories.

VAG is the only company that has a fighting chance- and that's only because they've already suffered through the consequences of Dieselgate and understood the dire situation they were in. And even with their early pivot to EV, it may still not be enough.

Look at that list of market caps I posted earlier. Most of them will be merged or extinct within the next 20 years.

For all the fairy tale thinking. Toyota musters on making profits selling ice as they slowly bide their time till they decide to crush Tesla.

Hope things go well for elon

Fan of his space program stuff

It's still going nuts. Up to $885 right now.

Back