Terry Martin pro debut on April 11

WinnipegFan

White Belt
Reaction score
Terry Martin makes his pro boxing debut on April 11 against Ricardo Upchurch (0-1).

Terry Martin who got knocked out by Chris Leben? Good luck, you

he's got decent knock out power, not sure how he'll fare in the ring

any idea what weight class he's coming in at?

Jesus, show a little support for the guy for stepping up at least.

Nobody's suggesting he's making a run at the title AFAIK, perhaps he's just trying to improve his boxing chops.

Besides which.. getting KTFO by Leben (Who, regardless of his failings, can sure as hell crack) wearing those itty bitty gloves is no great shame.

Martin should win his debut in stunning fashion.

Jesus, show a little support for the guy for stepping up at least.

Nobody's suggesting he's making a run at the title AFAIK, perhaps he's just trying to improve his boxing chops.

Besides which.. getting KTFO by Leben (Who, regardless of his failings, can sure as hell crack) wearing those itty bitty gloves is no great shame.

Martin should win his debut in stunning fashion.

No doubt. Leben as bad as he is can take a punch with the best of them. Thats the only reason why Leben survived and ultimately won.

And Martin will or at least should wipe the floor with this bum hes fighting. Upchurch is 0-1 and got knocked out in the 1st round against a guy who was making his debut.

i got a buddy whos a super middleweight that destroyed him in a sparring session not to long ago. know where is hes fighting?

Leben as bad as he is can take a punch with the best of them.

Leben is not iron-skulled, he got dropped with a jab from Silva while running across the cage, and taken out by a basic 1-2.

And he hits hard, but he's not a one-punch killer either. He's a lot like Tank used to be, only with less of a punch, and moderately better Jiu Jitsu.

Leben is not iron-skulled, he got dropped with a jab from Silva while running across the cage, and taken out by a basic 1-2.

And he hits hard, but he's not a one-punch killer either. He's a lot like Tank used to be, only with less of a punch, and moderately better Jiu Jitsu.

I think that's more of a testament to how hard Silva hits, he took some serious shots from terry martin on the chin.
Similar to the ones that shattered Jorge Rivera's jaw.

i have to disagree, the only person who put leben was SILVA; the guy who has crushed everyone he has hit, hendo/franklin/marquardt/fryklund all LEVELED as soon as he put them thangs on him.

leben is the only guy silva put down, who got back up and came back for more; rich got saved by the bell.

other than the silva fight, leben has shown an innate ability to soak up abuse; cote couldn't move him, he walked through santiago's shots, he walked through swicks, walked through radach, walked through starnes, and sakara's, rivera. Martin rocked him and actually backed him up; but alot of that was him gassing, part of it was martins power.

radach, santiago, rivera, cote, martin are known punchers/ko guys; an they couldn't do jack sh8t w/leben, an the only reason he beat them is cus he was able to absorb their best CLEAN shots until he could eff execute the counter, leben knows how to counter. But his tech and ability to apply is suspect; but his chin lets him survive til then...

his power isn't crushing, part of that is poor execution and set up; he is so damned telegraphed. but to me that legitimizes his power. Cus unlike other faster or slicker or tech guys, u see all lebens shots coming and u know exactly what he is gonna do in a fight; yet he keeps laying guys down, most ko shots are ones u don't see. Which shot did leben ever throw that u me the fighter coach trainer commentator and blind guy not see. Exactly... Leben has some power..

not saying ur not making some points w/validity; but i think ur selling my man short a lil

To Leben's credit, those were as clean as punches as you can land thrown by Anderson. He caught Chris right on the button. Leben's chin is pretty solid. Watch some of his other fights.

I think that's more of a testament to how hard Silva hits, he took some serious shots from terry martin on the chin.

Franklin took a lot more punches of Silva's than Leben did. Does that mean he's more iron-skulled than Leben?

the only person who put leben was SILVA; the guy who has crushed everyone he has hit, hendo/franklin/marquardt/fryklund all LEVELED as soon as he put them thangs on him.

I don't know, I didn't see them "LEVELED" by punches in the manner you're speaking of. At least, not two shots. Leben got smoked because he got hit as clean as a guy could.

other than the silva fight, leben has shown an innate ability to soak up abuse; cote couldn't move him, he walked through santiago's shots, he walked through swicks, walked through radach, walked through starnes, and sakara's, rivera. Martin rocked him and actually backed him up; but alot of that was him gassing, part of it was martins power.

He's been hurt more than once. Cote hits decently, but he's not a killer either and he's slow. Leben does well when he sees every shot coming. Leben is tough, not saying he's not. But he's not the "laugh in your face when you hit him" guy that people make him out to be. He grits out the pain and fights on, not always the same thing as being iron-chinned.

his power isn't crushing, part of that is poor execution and set up; he is so damned telegraphed. but to me that legitimizes his power. Cus unlike other faster or slicker or tech guys, u see all lebens shots coming and u know exactly what he is gonna do in a fight; yet he keeps laying guys down, most ko shots are ones u don't see. Which shot did leben ever throw that u me the fighter coach trainer commentator and blind guy not see. Exactly... Leben has some power..

A lot of people say guys like Edison Miranda, Sakio Bika, and Sam Peter don't hit THAT hard because they club mostly and hit guys in more vulnerable areas, back-of-the-head, neck, temple, their messiness allows for wild shots to land in more damaging areas. When someone comes at you winging bombs in this manner then they're strong, and have some power, sure.

But are they the same thing as a Tommy Hearns or Alexis Arguello right-hand? A Duran right-hand? A Juarez left-hook, or Morrison? Not really. I equate Leben to a Ponce De Leon, very strong, and if you stand there with your chin out he'll hurt you, yes. But if you can Box a bit and move around, he can't do diddly and his power is meaningless, especially if you block like Penelosa did to DPDL.

I think Leben's strong, and he's got some power, yes, and he swarms guys (which a lot of people in MMA still aren't even used, to Silva took a step back and dropped him with a jab, set up a 1-2 and turned Leben's lights out), but I don't think he's got the kind of punch that evaporates people or turns legs to jelly with barely any effort.

To Leben's credit, those were as clean as punches as you can land thrown by Anderson. He caught Chris right on the button. Leben's chin is pretty solid. Watch some of his other fights.

I've watched all of his fights because I like him. I just don't think he's as much what people think he is. He's a tough kid who will stand in your face and throw volume, who is physically strong. That's the way I see him.

I've watched all of his fights because I like him. I just don't think he's as much what people think he is. He's a tough kid who will stand in your face and throw volume, who is physically strong. That's the way I see him.

He's a brawler that can take a shot. That pretty much sums up Chris Leben.

That is the popular opinion.

mickey-bum-tee-shirt.jpg

Back