Terry Martin pro debut on April 11

Good for Martin.
Can't blame a guy for wanting to lace up the boxing gloves. I hope he likes the sport and does well.

I think that's more of a testament to how hard Silva hits, he took some serious shots from terry martin on the chin.
Similar to the ones that shattered Jorge Rivera's jaw.

Id have to see the fight again but I think it was more to do with Leben getting hit while he was off balance and getting hit with too many shots than Silvas punching power. Because ive never thought Silva hits hard, I think hes just very accurate and well-rounded striker.

Leben definitely has a good chin though.

i have to disagree, the only person who put leben was SILVA; the guy who has crushed everyone he has hit, hendo/franklin/marquardt/fryklund all LEVELED as soon as he put them thangs on him.

leben is the only guy silva put down, who got back up and came back for more; rich got saved by the bell.

other than the silva fight, leben has shown an innate ability to soak up abuse; cote couldn't move him, he walked through santiago's shots, he walked through swicks, walked through radach, walked through starnes, and sakara's, rivera. Martin rocked him and actually backed him up; but alot of that was him gassing, part of it was martins power.

radach, santiago, rivera, cote, martin are known punchers/ko guys; an they couldn't do jack sh8t w/leben, an the only reason he beat them is cus he was able to absorb their best CLEAN shots until he could eff execute the counter, leben knows how to counter. But his tech and ability to apply is suspect; but his chin lets him survive til then...

his power isn't crushing, part of that is poor execution and set up; he is so damned telegraphed. but to me that legitimizes his power. Cus unlike other faster or slicker or tech guys, u see all lebens shots coming and u know exactly what he is gonna do in a fight; yet he keeps laying guys down, most ko shots are ones u don't see. Which shot did leben ever throw that u me the fighter coach trainer commentator and blind guy not see. Exactly... Leben has some power..

not saying ur not making some points w/validity; but i think ur selling my man short a lil

Exactly. nice post.

Martin is a big disappointment. He's a local kid from Chicago and I've followed his career for awhile now. Seems like he'll get some momentum going in his career and then he proceeds to get KO'd in dramatic fashion. He's a talented fighter, but losing to Eastman tells me he just isn't going to make it.

Martin is a big disappointment. He's a local kid from Chicago and I've followed his career for awhile now. Seems like he'll get some momentum going in his career and then he proceeds to get KO'd in dramatic fashion. He's a talented fighter, but losing to Eastman tells me he just isn't going to make it.

Losing to Leben told me he's gonna make it. Good thing he's taking up boxing, he really needs to work on his striking.

Why is this big news? is this guy a major player in the mma game or something?

Why is this big news? is this guy a major player in the mma game or something?

i have to disagree, the only person who put leben was SILVA; the guy who has crushed everyone he has hit, hendo/franklin/marquardt/fryklund all LEVELED as soon as he put them thangs on him.

leben is the only guy silva put down, who got back up and came back for more; rich got saved by the bell.

other than the silva fight, leben has shown an innate ability to soak up abuse; cote couldn't move him, he walked through santiago's shots, he walked through swicks, walked through radach, walked through starnes, and sakara's, rivera. Martin rocked him and actually backed him up; but alot of that was him gassing, part of it was martins power.

radach, santiago, rivera, cote, martin are known punchers/ko guys; an they couldn't do jack sh8t w/leben, an the only reason he beat them is cus he was able to absorb their best CLEAN shots until he could eff execute the counter, leben knows how to counter. But his tech and ability to apply is suspect; but his chin lets him survive til then...

his power isn't crushing, part of that is poor execution and set up; he is so damned telegraphed. but to me that legitimizes his power. Cus unlike other faster or slicker or tech guys, u see all lebens shots coming and u know exactly what he is gonna do in a fight; yet he keeps laying guys down, most ko shots are ones u don't see. Which shot did leben ever throw that u me the fighter coach trainer commentator and blind guy not see. Exactly... Leben has some power..

not saying ur not making some points w/validity; but i think ur selling my man short a lil

Your point here, then, is that the guy who ko'd the debuting guy has a good chin?

Your point here, then, is that the guy who ko'd the debuting guy has a good chin?

I didnt bother to read his post But if its about the Leban/Silva fight then his point is the guy who GOT ko'ed by the debuting guy has a good chin!

I didnt bother to read his post But if its about the Leban/Silva fight then his point is the guy who GOT ko'ed by the debuting guy has a good chin!

From what I understood reading this thread, Leban guy ko'd Terry Martin. So that guy's post was defending Leban's chin??

The press release says he is fighting at cruiserweight. So, there ya have it.

Thats shocking considering he fights at 180 in the UFC why wouldnt he lose 5 pounds instead of fighting against guys up to 200 pounds??

Back