Television Terrible episodes of great shows.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just about every long-running or critically acclaimed show has at least one major stinker in its run. It's just inevitable when you have so many episodes, some of them are gonna be duds. Sometimes, these episodes can be just as well-known as the great episodes.

I'll start with Code of Honor from TNG. Everything, from the racist undertones thanks to the baffling decision to make the actors playing a primitive alien race who lust after strong women black to the terrible fight scene makes me wonder how anybody involved thought this episode was a good idea.

Every episode of Dexter and 24 after season 5.

That random out of place shit tier X Men origin story episode of Stranger Things

The "fly" from "Breaking Bad".

GOT finale.

Sopranos' pre-final episode with Tony's alternate reality shit.

Last edited:
Just about every long-running or critically acclaimed show has at least one major stinker in its run. It's just inevitable when you have so many episodes, some of them are gonna be duds. Sometimes, these episodes can be just as well-known as the great episodes.

I'll start with Code of Honor from TNG. Everything, from the racist undertones thanks to the baffling decision to make the actors playing a primitive alien race who lust after strong women black to the terrible fight scene makes me wonder how anybody involved thought this episode was a good idea.

It made Kirk vs. the Gorn look like Ip Man.

giphy.gif

Seinfeld is one of my GOATs and I'll never say an episode was "bad" per se but the hype for the Chinese restaurant episode annoys me

Game of Thrones last season
<WellThere>

The "fly" from "Breaking Bad".

I love the "Fly" episode! It's probably one of my top 5 favorite episodes of the whole series.
One of the things that BB does great is that it doesn't satisfy you all the time. There are long periods in the series where nothing really happens to certain characters. Walter sits around working on his house, Jesse goes into rehab, guys spend day after day slaving away in the lab. The boredom, the claustrophobia, the powerlessness all lends a sense of reality and makes the consequences seem more dramatic when there is a major consequence. Life doesn't follow a plot arch, things don't always escalate orderly to a crescendo. Sometimes we have weird random days that don't fit into our story of life. The Fly is that day, just a bunch of odd random happenstances result in a memorable experience.

It was beautifully directed and acted. Some of the best interaction between Cranston and Paul of the whole series.
Also the part where Walt almost confesses to his part in Janes death was f'cking gut wrenching.

I love the "Fly" episode! It's probably one of my top 5 favorite episodes of the whole series.
One of the things that BB does great is that it doesn't satisfy you all the time. There are long periods in the series where nothing really happens to certain characters. Walter sits around working on his house, Jesse goes into rehab, guys spend day after day slaving away in the lab. The boredom, the claustrophobia, the powerlessness all lends a sense of reality and makes the consequences seem more dramatic when there is a major consequence. Life doesn't follow a plot arch, things don't always escalate orderly to a crescendo. Sometimes we have weird random days that don't fit into our story of life. The Fly is that day, just a bunch of odd random happenstances result in a memorable experience.

It was beautifully directed and acted. Some of the best interaction between Cranston and Paul of the whole series.
Also the part where Walt almost confesses to his part in Janes death was f'cking gut wrenching.
To each his/her own.

Also, paragraphs, dude.

The league shit the bed in a couple of episodes. Particularly the ones in which Dirty Randy and Rafi were the primary characters.

Narcos Mexico S2 E3 fuckin blew. That business that had to be settled between Acosta and Fermin almost had me shouting "OH MY GOD WHO THE HELL CARES" at my tv like a crazy person. And to top it off, the actual gunfight was awful, with everyone taking turns walking out into the open to be gunned down. Then Fermin shouting at Acosta, basically warning him that he was about to shoot him. Whole thing was a mess.

Seinfeld is one of my GOATs and I'll never say an episode was "bad" per se but the hype for the Chinese restaurant episode annoys me
It may not be the most entertaining of the series, but in many folks' opinions, including mine, this episode was the epitome of Seinfeld's "show about nothing" concept.

Classic Seinfeld, so to say.

<Fedor23>

"Fly" from BB Sticks out so Much, Because the rest was so incredibly well thought out and exciting, that this Really made you Think Vince Gilligan hit his head right before he came up with it.

All of Season 7 and 8 Got ruined the whole series for me and made sure I would never watch it again, Because those seasons made all the great ones before them seem pointless. Truly Terrible.

This right here is evidence that no matter how shit something is there is always that one person who likes it lol

Also.. The Fly from BB

The West Wing: Ninety Miles South. It was weird in like 10 different ways and none were interesting

I agree - one of the best episodes IMO.

Back