News Terrence Crawford: “They don’t pay MMA [fighters] enough, I’m sorry.”

Although perhaps Australia is too far away to hear of these dudes.

The internet, though...

You’re like, on it.

giphy.gif

Theres simply not is much money in MMA. It's not like theres piles and piles of cash that the UFC, Bellator, and OneFC just light on fire after each event. If you want to be rich, dont fight. Go to school. Box. Whatever. Just dont expect to have an easy path to wealth in the sport of MMA.

There’s probably a lot of people out there with potential but will not pursue a bum life of a MMA prize fighter.

He just doesn't want to admit that he wouldn't be very good. He's been a pro since 2008, is 34-0 with title defenses and has a net worth is $3.5 million. Jon Jones turned pro in MMA the same year, has had 10 fewer fights and multiple suspensions and drug busts and has a net worth of $10 million. His pay problem would only be because he wouldn't be as successful in MMA.

Im amazed fighters haven't unionized by now.

Lol exactly, arguably p4p #1 smh
but it's not like he makes much more than the top mma earners. conor makes more.

of course, relative to revenue mma guys make less. but they depend on the promotion...

Boxing pays for since recognition is based on fighters not the brand.

He just doesn't want to admit that he wouldn't be very good. He's been a pro since 2008, is 34-0 with title defenses and has a net worth is $3.5 million. Jon Jones turned pro in MMA the same year, has had 10 fewer fights and multiple suspensions and drug busts and has a net worth of $10 million. His pay problem would only be because he wouldn't be as successful in MMA.

Crawford is worth more than that.

Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs), himself a former wrestler, was also asked if he ever wanted to explore a career switch to MMA. Unsurprisingly, he’s not interested, and fighter pay in the sport is a major reason for it.

“They don’t pay MMA [fighters] enough, I’m sorry.”

“A lot of people ask me that because they know I used to wrestle and stuff like that,” Crawford said. “They always ask me ‘they don’t pay enough.’ For me to be putting my life on the line and getting my hands and feet [and] everything broken. Kicking and all that stuff... I gotta get paid.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/4/...partnership-ufc-mirsad-bektic-boxing-mma-news

He’s been friends/training with UFC FW Mirsad Bektic for 10 years and has a fight coming up against Amir Khan.
Guys like Crawford sell less PPV than MM yet they get paid more than any mma fighter , sad.

People love these threads. I swear, the majority of you never fact check anything. Let's take a look at the biggest card ever: Floyd vs Conor.

Two fighters on the main card took home over $600k. That's impressive. The first fight of the night saw one of the fighters take home 3500. No one in the UFC earns that little.

There is certainly more money to be made at the top end in boxing due to the contracts and promotional differences. However, there is also much more disparity, compared to the UFC.

You wouldn't put Spence or Canelo in that conversation?
I put Canelo solidly after them. I think Spence could be up there, he just needs another win. Assassinating Mikey isnt going to leap frog anybody.

Back