News Terrence Crawford: “They don’t pay MMA [fighters] enough, I’m sorry.”

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs), himself a former wrestler, was also asked if he ever wanted to explore a career switch to MMA. Unsurprisingly, he’s not interested, and fighter pay in the sport is a major reason for it.

“They don’t pay MMA [fighters] enough, I’m sorry.”

“A lot of people ask me that because they know I used to wrestle and stuff like that,” Crawford said. “They always ask me ‘they don’t pay enough.’ For me to be putting my life on the line and getting my hands and feet [and] everything broken. Kicking and all that stuff... I gotta get paid.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/4/...partnership-ufc-mirsad-bektic-boxing-mma-news

He’s been friends/training with UFC FW Mirsad Bektic for 10 years and has a fight coming up against Amir Khan.

It never ceases to amaze me that boxers I have never heard of somehow make much more money than MMA fighters .

well-thank-you-captain-obvious.jpg

Not you, TS.

It never ceases to amaze me that boxers I have never heard of somehow make much more money than MMA fighters .

But do you follow that sport?

I don’t so I’m unconcerned that I don’t know them. My folks don’t know McGregor from poo on their shoes.

why? MMA is not as popular as you think. the only time casuals watch is when Conor or MAYBE Jon Jones fights

here on Sherdog, the UG, reddit, we are a in a bubble and act like MMA is a bigger deal than it is

If you're looking to fight strictly for financial reasons, you'll go into boxing.

Easier to train, and you'll get paid more.

Also from my experience in my area, all the boxing gyms are cheaper than the Jiu-Jitsu and MMA gyms.

You've never heard of Crawford in the boxing world????
Literally never and I've followed UFC since #54

Although perhaps Australia is too far away to hear of these dudes.

I heard about it when Horn beat Pacquio and that's about it

I love how people complain that fighters don't get paid enough and pirate the events simultaneously. Hypocrisy at it's finest. God Bless America.

But do you follow that sport?

I don’t so I’m unconcerned that I don’t know them. My folks don’t know McGregor from poo on their shoes.
I don't follow boxing but it surprises me I haven't heard of these mega rich dudes who punch for a living. Where do they hide? How do they keep away from mainstream anything ?

Theres simply not much money in MMA. It's not like theres piles and piles of cash that the UFC, Bellator, and OneFC just light on fire after each event. If you want to be rich, dont fight. Go to school. Box. Whatever. Just dont expect to have an easy path to wealth in the sport of MMA.

Last edited:
And apparently a fucking magician because his profile is near invisible
Yet he gets paid better than 90% of MMA fighters. Hes well known, at this point, by anyone who even casually follows the sport. He has no main stream appeal because he hasnt had his mega fight yet.

Yet he gets paid better than 90% of MMA fighters. Hes well known, at this point, by anyone who even casually follows the sport. He has no main stream appeal because he hasnt had his mega fight yet.
Thanks for repeating my initial point about how I am amazed at the fact he gets paid much more but hasn't got a high profile

Back