Locked TERMINATOR: DARK FATE (First Teaser Poster; Trailer Tomorrow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Predator 2 is all right, and Alien 3 I suppose, but I personally wouldn't be that interested in seeing the masterpieces of James Cameron and Ridley Scott redone with 2019 filmmaking sensibilities.

Depends really on the production, I'v no interest in some low rent remake aiming a slasher audiences ala say Halloween but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing someone talent given a decernt budget to remake Alien. A few years ago I might have said Duncan Edwards but Warcraft really does seem to have ruined him, maybe someone finally giving Jonathan Glazer a big film?(if he wants it?).

It's sad when you look at the concepts that have been wasted the last 10 years. It's so sad that marvel movies have been some of the best.

We can't get dark and gritty, because gritty white guys are maybe sexist and/or racist. I mean, original Reese just couldn't have been "woke."

It bears repeating, I guess - plug on humanity should have been pulled in 1990, it's been a fast-rolling avalanche of shit since then

Not gonna read 864 pages of threads to see if it's been said yet but Dark Fate is a fucking dumb name. Sounds like a damn TV show!

Not gonna read 864 pages of threads to see if it's been said yet but Dark Fate is a fucking dumb name. Sounds like a damn TV show!

This film is shaping up to make Genisys look good.

-Shudders-

This film is shaping up to make Genisys look good.

-Shudders-

Well apparently Cameron liked T3 and T5.

I thought T4 was better than T3 and T5 personally. Just way better in all departments, not sure wtf Cameron saw in 3, which was mediocre with about 5 minutes total of decent "stuff". I haven't seen 5 but heard it's easily the worst in the franchise.

I thought T4 was better than T3 and T5 personally. Just way better in all departments, not sure wtf Cameron saw in 3, which was mediocre with about 5 minutes total of decent "stuff". I haven't seen 5 but heard it's easily the worst in the franchise.

3 was shit. 5 was shit but the first 20 minutes were decent.

Yeah 4 at least tried to be serious. It got plenty of stuff very wrong but at least it wasn't a big joke.

Laundry day

Nothing clean right

Wash data morrow.

cobra_sketch.jpg

I am willing to bet he was paid to say he liked those films. All of them sucked, but I rank them backwards. Genysis was the best of the last three sequels followed by Salvation and then Rise of the Machines. Rise of the Machines was an unforgivable steaming pile.

I am willing to bet he was paid to say he liked those films. All of them sucked, but I rank them backwards. Genysis was the best of the last three sequels followed by Salvation and then Rise of the Machines. Rise of the Machines was an unforgivable steaming pile.

Sorry bro but Terminator John Conor makes Genysis the worst of the franchise

John Conor being a Terminator is the equivalent to Dutch from Predator being turned into a Predator

It is preschool level of creativity

Sorry bro but Terminator John Conor makes Genysis the worst of the franchise

I still can't believe that shit got greenlit. It's still beyond me how anyone can simultaneously (a) be interested enough in anything related to The Terminator to write a screenplay for the series and (b) make John Connor a terminator.

John Conor being a Terminator is the equivalent to Dutch from Predator being turned into a Predator

It is preschool level of creativity

It's worse. It's like making Braveheart 2 and Mel Gibson comes back to life and starts fucking over Scotland at every turn, and pissing on his wife's grave every 20 minutes or so. What a fresh new twist on Braveheart!

Is it bad that I like Terminator 3? Obviously not anywhere near as good as 1 and 2 but I still thought it was entertaining. The car chase was great and the downbeat ending was unexpected.

The best parts of Genysis were the opening that was supposed to be in Terminator 2 and the scenes they copied from the original. So basically just the stuff it stole from its far superior predecessors.

Is it bad that I like Terminator 3? Obviously not anywhere near as good as 1 and 2 but I still thought it was entertaining. The car chase was great and the downbeat ending was unexpected.

Well, it's not good.

I've given my thoughts on the movie at length before and they're mostly critical, but I'm glad you got something out of it. I think the greatest evidence that their hearts were in completely the wrong place was that they actually wrote and filmed the "Master Sergeant William Candy" stuff, even if they cut it.

The best parts of Genysis were the opening that was supposed to be in Terminator 2 and the scenes they copied from the original. So basically just the stuff it stole from its far superior predecessors.

All of the ripoff stuff was pretty good. All they had to do was stay in 1984 with old Arnold + shitty Reese + British Sarah vs. young Arnold and Asian T-1000, and it would have been easily the best movie since T2.

The moment they beat the young Arnold and the T-1000, what 20 minutes in or whatever, boom the movie was dog shit every second of the way.

Well, it's not good.

I've given my thoughts on the movie at length before and they're mostly critical, but I'm glad you got something out of it. I think the greatest evidence that their hearts were in completely the wrong place was that they actually wrote and filmed the "Master Sergeant William Candy" stuff, even if they cut it.

All of the ripoff stuff was pretty good. All they had to do was stay in 1984 with old Arnold + shitty Reese + British Sarah vs. young Arnold and Asian T-1000, and it would have been easily the best movie since T2.

The moment they beat the young Arnold and the T-1000, what 20 minutes in or whatever, boom the movie was dog shit every second of the way.

The only thing they created for the movie was Terminator John Conor

The first 20 minutes was like a combination of the first 2 films

The entire plot of them using time travel to get the jump on skynet was done already on the Sarah Conor Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back