Tell me about living in the LA area

its only a 40 min drive into LA, 20 minute drive to malibu, 50 min drive to santa barbara. if you have a car there is plenty to do.

I live in the northwest of the San Fernando Valley and I am fairly close to Simi, Moorpark and and TO(ranging between 10 miles to 20 some miles). There really isn't anything to do in that area, sure Malibu is close to Westlake and Agoura, and I do enjoy me some Malibu Seafood and Moon Shadows but again if you're still young it's not great to live in Moorpark or Thousand Oaks, especially Moorpark. If you have a family, it's wonderful if you want raise them in Westlake, Agoura or even Thousand Oaks. But if you want to Hollywood and enjoy nightlife, good luck with that. Uber isn't going to pick you up in the suburbs and you're going to have drive.

listen screw you all MOORPARK FOR LIFE

I love living in Simi Valley. I don't like the graffiti and homeless people you have to deal with in LA. I like living in my nice quit neighborhood. It is not for everyone.

check out certain areas like Watts, Inglewood, and Crenshaw

great places to raise a family, imo

check out certain areas like Watts, Inglewood, and Crenshaw

great places to raise a family, imo

Boyle Heights is just as lovely. East LA as well. Business close down at 5pm, people want to get home to their families. He'll notice a lot young chaps standing around and socializing. They're friendly, go up to them and ask them if he join with the activities.

I love living in Simi Valley. I don't like the graffiti and homeless people you have to deal with in LA. I like living in my nice quit neighborhood. It is not for everyone.

You do realize places like Encino, Porter Ranch, Tarzana are still LA, right? I don't pass Topanga's exit, after that, Kuhner and the rest of the 118w turns into no man's land. Plus, a ton of racists in simi.

i'm gonna fill this thread up with uppercuts soon if you all keep hating on the 805. moorpark is the greatest city on earth.

simi is the absolute worse. you still have the ghettoness/trash of the valley/LA and like moorpark and thousand oaks nothing to do. at least moorpark/thousand oaks/newberry park are nice areas and mostly rid of the ghetto/racist/trash of simi.

you can say the same about orange county.

reppin 714 and 949

i live in the 949 now. its great that its close to both LA and san deigo. i like the location. but i hate the people in orange county. ventura is where its at

Sounds good. People are very genuine and friendly, hardly any traffic, low crime and it's a very clean city with lots of opportunities for gainful employment.

probably san carlos more than belmont. both are nice areas, and not that different to palo alto or menlo park. if i were you, i'd look for houses in burlingame. only because it's closer to san francisco, but that may not be so important to you.

But I will be working in Palo Alto/Menlo Park/Mountain View.

Burlingame is like living next to the airport. Actually IT IS living next to the airport!

ventura county >>>>> orange county. i'm leaving the oc in about a year to return to the greatness that is moorpark/thousand oaks

I live in Westlake and I love it here! Free UFC PPV's right down the street at Ciscos too!

I live in the northwest of the San Fernando Valley and I am fairly close to Simi, Moorpark and and TO(ranging between 10 miles to 20 some miles). There really isn't anything to do in that area, sure Malibu is close to Westlake and Agoura, and I do enjoy me some Malibu Seafood and Moon Shadows but again if you're still young it's not great to live in Moorpark or Thousand Oaks, especially Moorpark. If you have a family, it's wonderful if you want raise them in Westlake, Agoura or even Thousand Oaks. But if you want to Hollywood and enjoy nightlife, good luck with that. Uber isn't going to pick you up in the suburbs and you're going to have drive.
I'm looking for boring. I'm 32 and the wife is 30 and we are ready to breed. I'm looking for cookie cutter suburbs where the only thing you hear at night is your breathing and crickets. I would only go into downtown occasionally for dinner so I don't need to be near the action. My biggest thing is finding a decently priced neighborhood close enough to white collar work that I won't be sitting in soul crushing traffic everyday. And again being near the defense contractors is a plus.

Everyone in Santa Monica rocks this haircut/glasses combo.

ea15285c998248b3137587d0d02d0843.jpg

TS, you should move to Downey and Norwalk area and contribute to the white ese hybrid population.

Back