Tell me about living in the LA area

By the way I am coming to SoCal in two days.

Please recommend me some strip clubs, or bars, night clubs to go to. I am sure TS will find this useful too.

such a huge area just depends on where you wanna go. LA, OC, Burbank, Ventura counties all run together at certain pts. I"d personally go a lil inland to get cheaper housing and less traffic.

Then again i currently live in 29 Palms, so Baldwin Park isn't looking to bad hahaa

Ventura county is not LA and for the most part it's lame as hell. Simi Valley, Camarillo, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, blah.

Is the OP asking about LA meaning downtown LA? Or is he asking about LA County, or the neighborhoods within LA? I.e. Districts in the SFV, like Northridge, Tarzana, Encino? The Westside? LA is massive dude. I've been here for over 2 decades and there are parts I've still haven't been to, a lot of that has to do with me not wanting to go.

Ventura county is not LA and for the most part it's lame as hell. Simi Valley, Camarillo, Moorpark, Thousand Oaks, blah.

Is the OP asking about LA meaning downtown LA? Or is he asking about LA County, or the neighborhoods within LA? I.e. Districts in the SFV, like Northridge, Tarzana, Encino? The Westside? LA is massive dude. I've been here for over 2 decades and there are parts I've still haven't been to, a lot of that has to do with me not wanting to go.

When I say LA I basically mean the suburbs surrounding LA. I love the city of LA, but I could never live in the heart of a major metro area. And i'm not really settled on an exact area as that would be determined by the job situation. I was just under the impression that as a whole the greater LA metro area is cheaper than the bay area.

When I say LA I basically mean the suburbs surrounding LA. I love the city of LA, but I could never live in the heart of a major metro area. And i'm not really settled on an exact area as that would be determined by the job situation. I was just under the impression that as a whole the greater LA metro area is cheaper than the bay area.

The districts in LA are great depending where you go. Studio City, Encino, anything on Ventura is cool. Tons of restaurants, nice malls, stores for whatever you want. People complain about the "Valley Heat" and yeah, it can get bad at times, but you adjust quickly. You know people really complain about the traffic, and I am on the 405 5 days a week, but it never bugs me, once again you adjust to it. Listen to your radio show and by the time you know it, you're at your destination. The good thing about the San Fernando Valley is that within a 20 minute drive(Outside of rush hour traffic), you can be on the Westside if that is your forte. I have always loved the energy of LA, it is a city that has everything you can dream of.

I can walk down the street from my 7 figure home and be shot dead. Please don't come here and make the commute any worse than it already is.

By the way I am coming to SoCal in two days.

Please recommend me some strip clubs, or bars, night clubs to go to. I am sure TS will find this useful too.

The strip clubs are nothing to write home about. You will have to settle for tits if you want to be inebriated.

So me and the wife have decided cost of living in the bay area has gone way beyond worth it and we will eventually need to leave. We are not quite ready to leave California though so right now we are thinking of going closer to Sacramento or the LA area. I'm leaning towards LA since Sac's job market is pretty meh. The LA area seems to be somewhat cheaper than the bay and has a decent job market. Just wanted to see what the quality of life is down there and is it really reasonably affordable.

odd im leaving for oregon,tx,or utah because Long Beach is getting too expensive,I have family in Dixon,ca I find Sacramento to be boring.

odd im leaving for oregon,tx,or utah because Long Beach is getting too expensive,I have family in Dixon,ca I find Sacramento to be boring.

Bruh, dont leave Long Beach!

Move to OC.

Housing price is about the same as LA and living condition is better.

I am looking at moving back to the bay area and although buying a house in Palo Alto or Menlo Park is probably not going to happen (thanks Facebook IPO), I found that San Carlos and Belmont had reasonable house prices.

probably san carlos more than belmont. both are nice areas, and not that different to palo alto or menlo park. if i were you, i'd look for houses in burlingame. only because it's closer to san francisco, but that may not be so important to you.

if youre a girl, divide your score in Boise by half and reconsider the choice.

We would likely end up in OC. But I'm kind of looking to get back into the defense industry so I'm looking into what's close to those companies.

OC is awesome and a great place to raise kids in.

ventura county >>>>> orange county. i'm leaving the oc in about a year to return to the greatness that is moorpark/thousand oaks

ventura county >>>>> orange county. i'm leaving the oc in about a year to return to the greatness that is moorpark/thousand oaks

There nothing to do in Moorpark and Thousand Oaks. I guess you can always party in Agoura Hills(Lulz).

There nothing to do in Moorpark and Thousand Oaks. I guess you can always party in Agoura Hills(Lulz).

i have a friend who lived in agoura hills. it's pretty nice, but yeah, there isn't shit to do out there. except party at his house haha.

its only a 40 min drive into LA, 20 minute drive to malibu, 50 min drive to santa barbara. if you have a car there is plenty to do.

GIF-chloe-concerned-confused-girl-kid-look-say-what-side-eye-side-eyeing-suspicious-think-thinking-GIF.gif

Back