News Team Oliveira turned down Makhachev rematch at UFC 283 due to ‘emotional stress,’ says coach

Yet Aldo was castrated for not accepting Conor rematch under similar circumstances
It's a very small minority here who blast Aldo for that and if any of them are being serious, they're obviously casuals/retards and don't understand the preparation/fight game

Does it still hurt ?
No.
That would have been my approach to the Makhachev fight in the first place. There was no need to rush for that Abu Dhabi card. I would have let Islam fight against Dariush or Mike in Abu Dhabi and enjoyed it relaxed in the front row.

I think Charles has earned a good break from the fight game. He's had a great title run and fought everyone they put in front of him. Islam completely embarrassed him and jumping into an instant rematch is just stupid. He needs more time to prepare and if the ufc were that desperate they'd offer way more money for him to squander an opportunity like that. Anyone who doesn't understand that is a complete idiot

charles deserves a break. but damn if my coach said something like that i'd fire him

make something up. anything is better than 'emotional stress'

No shame in that. Ferguson, Chandler, Poirier, Gaethje, then Makhachev…..he deserves some down time…..

Would be disastrous to take this fight again so soon. He needs time. Why were they even offering it to him? I thought it was gonna be Volk vs the winner no matter what?
Seen a few people on Twitter say it's a bad translation. Accoding to them he said Charles was offered a fight in Brail, not necessarily a rematch

Reactions: HHJ
The second hand disrespect I feel is unbearable. UFC is doing Beneil super dirty.

It seems like getting knocked down from standing is ok. But once he gets hurt on the ground...
A!so, pretty quick tap? Not much resistance?
Great choke, like Lesnar on Carwin.

Islams choke/pressure is next level.

<RomeroSalute>

I'm glad people are enjoying it still.
HilariousKeenAfricanwilddog-size_restricted.gif

He should have talked about getting the fuckin belt,not bein a weirdo fuckin hippie.

If he made a strong play for the belt,it could have generated interest. Instead he seems to not care all that much. He put on a great performance,a hard battle,and instead of captializing on the oppurtunity,he instead alienated himself further. Like,personality wise,he has absolutley nothing going for him. Its like in the negative lol

Like if Khabib was getting shafted for a title shot,and he didnt address it and just went on about islam in like...salt lake city or some shit,it would be the same fail.
Khabib WAS shafted (kinda) back at UFC 205. Apparently he should have fought Eddie for the belt but Conor cut in line so he was pissed. Led to one of the greatest post fight interviews ever

Reactions: HHJ
This Diego Lima guy is making Olives look like a pussy.

Khabib WAS shafted (kinda) back at UFC 205. Apparently he should have fought Eddie for the belt but Conor cut in line so he was pissed. Led to one of the greatest post fight interviews ever

Yeah man,he wasnt gonna just take it. He drew the line in the sand. It seems like Beniel's fans (and fans of the proper succession) care more than he does. Thats def frustrating.

Sounds like islam took he's soul, what happened i thougt islam was a ovveratted bum and was going to get rolled?

Back