News Team Oliveira turned down Makhachev rematch at UFC 283 due to ‘emotional stress,’ says coach

Crack. Stop smoking it. They love Islam as champ.
They love him so much that they immediately offered the guy he destroyed a rematch even though they knew Islam wanted to fight Volk. Yup, sounds like love lol.

They love him so much that they immediately offered the guy he destroyed a rematch even though they knew Islam wanted to fight Volk. Yup, sounds like love lol.

You don't even know if that's even true. A rematch that soon would be a too small turn around for both of them, and I never belived they thought Oliveira was a star anyway. At least with Islam they are guranteed to have khabib around, people want to watch his reactions, the embedded, the post fight interviews. And Islam is a good guy too. I am pretty sure he sells more than Oliveira, he doesnt need a freaking translator every time he interacts and he's a guy's guy too.

Moronic.

What's next, immediate rematch the next day? Maybe a few hours after the first match?

Makes sense for Charles not to take on that fight so soon, or any fight for that matter. He just had a crazy run of title fights. I was literally 3 months after.

I think if anything we'll see this fight later in 2023 if Olivera pulls in a W.

Bro Islam will eat him alive if they do it again now. They know it and Charles knows it.

Bro Islam will eat him alive if they do it again now. They know it and Charles knows it.
Of course he would, but you’re completely missing the point. Why did the ufc offer an immediate rematch to Oliveira?

Of course he would, but you’re completely missing the point. Why did the ufc offer an immediate rematch to Oliveira?
Cos the Brazil card is weak and they are confident of Islam running him over again.

Oliveira is the most popular fighter in Brazil and a legit draw. A rematch on his home turf would have pulled in huge numbers for the UFC.

Former champion with 2 arguable title defences and a previous long winning streak finishing opponents as they come and also a big name where the card's being held.

Your welcome

Doesn't change the fact that he missed weight previously and the fight with Islam wasn't remotely competitive.

You must be trolling! Interim Strap??Why? Current Champ's not injured nor he plans to sit out for a long time , next fight is already planned and disclosed, what is the point of an interim belt?

February is scheduled date for this Champ vs. Champ fight

Reasonable assumption Islam takes another fight again in July/ August 2023

Unless Islam ends up pulling out and delaying TS for at least December/January 2023

And Inshallah forbid that one falls through

Therefore we take precaution and make interim belt between Charles and Dariush

That way if shit falls through we have already made a big deal and we keep riding that wave

Or you know .. get stuck in limbo and have to see all the threads how F'd up LW division is because of our boy Slom

Wise planning. Do bronx has earned a well-deserved break. Hope he rests, enjoys his family, friends, and the some of the fruits of his past victories. Come back in mid 2023 fresh and get right back in the mix!

I don't understand why people are surprised by this. He got dominated and needs some time to reset. A couple fights in between would probably be a good idea

Lmao the UFC is insane, Charles had like 3 or 4 title fights in 12 months and they wanted another one 3 months removed from a loss where he got dropped?

SMH.

Back