News Team Oliveira turned down Makhachev rematch at UFC 283 due to ‘emotional stress,’ says coach

Of course he would, but you’re completely missing the point. Why did the ufc offer an immediate rematch to Oliveira?

So they can bury Oliveira. If he fusses about a title shot UFC hits back with "you turned down your rematch to Islam"

Charles will have to stack a win OR TWO to get back to a title shot.

When did Oliviera fight the top 5 within 1 year? That didn’t happen and he didn’t get offered the rematch with Islam either. It doesn’t make sense when the plan was always for the winner to fight Volk.

Tbh I'd say his last few performances speak for him.
The dude is on the second longest win streak in the division and has beaten enough top guys for that shot.

I do feel that he should probably do better with post-fight interviews in terms of promoting himself and what's next, but at this point he should be for sure fighting against the Islam/Volk winner after UFC 284.

Yes, but that's the same old story with so many fighters. They should be fighting for the belt, but they aren't promoting themselves enough for the UFC to be the first choice. Especially at LW, which always has a lot of eyes on it.

Just winning hasn't been enough for forever. Even Islam wouldn't have gotten a shot if he weren't tied to Khabib.

Last edited:
Thankyou Sherbros

<{1-7}>
You should do the scene from predator when Arnold falls off the watefall to escape from the Predator

but have it alex be chasing izzy from kickboxing to MMA lol

its probably hard with that cloaking effect shit,but its a funny idea.

Glover, Izzy, Kamaru, and Charles all getting offered insta-rematches after getting finished and losing their titles = complete and utter bullshit. Enough with the fucking rematch marathon UFC.

All these divisions had legit contenders in them.

I'm sure many others have said it. No fucking way this should have been up for a rematch. I love Charles but Islam (who I love to a lesser extent) dismantled him. Moving on.

Got PTSD from that beating. Tough thing is, Islam beat him in every aspect of that fight. That is mentally tough to come back from.

You should do the scene from predator when Arnold falls off the watefall to escape from the Predator

but have it alex be chasing izzy from kickboxing to MMA lol

its probably hard with that cloaking effect shit,but its a funny idea.

I'll have a go at it when I get a chance bud. Sounds like a fun one.

Reactions: HHJ
wow what a pussy to duck the immediate rematch if it was offered.

A true fighter that actually believed he could win would never duck the fight. He's a quitter and knows he has nothing for Islam.

Back