• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

Just saying it makes sense that cutting taxes would create greater returns for those who actually pay taxes vs low income people who essentially pay negative taxes already.
Ok, but my point is the returns can be whatever we decide them to be. If the GOP is dead set on tax cuts they can simply cut taxes on the middle class and leave high income earners, large businesses and heirs to large fortunes alone. But of course that's not the proposal because their goal is upward redistribution of wealth. That is the big problem.

Ok, but my point is the returns can be whatever we decide them to be. If the GOP is dead set on tax cuts they can simply cut taxes on the middle class and leave high income earners, large businesses and heirs to large fortunes alone. But of course that's not the proposal because their goal is upward redistribution of wealth. That is the big problem.
Sounds more like a reduction in the downward redistribution of wealth.

I'm kind of surprised the GOP don't just take 2 or 3 points off all individual rates and reduce corporate tax to 30%. It would be easy to do and popular.

Instead they are proposing a tax cut that is controversial for their own congressional members. Their incompetence is only matched by their greed on display and subservience to mage donors.

I don't think McConnel or Ryan keep their leadership positons past 2018.

Just saying it makes sense that cutting taxes would create greater returns for those who actually pay taxes vs low income people who essentially pay negative taxes already.

The vast majority of people who find themselves in a net negative tax position are incapable of taking care of themselves due medical problems.

When you take into account payroll/sales and property taxes (renters are paying that tax through their landlord and get no tax deduction for it) just about everyone capable of paying is paying.

If you're paying next to zero taxes as it is, it's hard to pay much less than that.
nobody is paying zero taxes.
There is taxes on everything, gas, sales tax, property tax, even you cell phone bill has taxes on it.

My solution is get rid of federal taxes and do like a 6 cent sales tax. Even the illegals would be contributing taxes through stuff they bought.

Probably good for me and mine. Good for everyone? Dunno.
Interesting. I do very well but I live in NY and I'll see an increase, but I am looking at this bill as it effects everyone.

I don't see a reason why we should do this tax bill at all. I'm still waiting to hear one.

Interesting. I do very well but I live in NY and I'll see an increase, but I am looking at this bill as it effects everyone.

I don't see a reason why we should do this tax bill at all. I'm still waiting to hear one.

I think there are a lot of good reasons to for a corporate overhaul including a rate reduction.

But you have to offset it with increasing taxes on individual passive income.

I think there are a lot of good reasons to for a corporate overhaul including a rate reduction.

But you have to offset it with increasing taxes on individual passive income.
Agree, but that's the key, an offset. When we look at this turd as a whole the (partial) offset is a rise in taxes on some people (currently estimated at 9%) and blowing a hole in deficits.

What are some of the ways you think we can overhaul the corporate tax code for the better?

Agree, but that's the key, an offset. When we look at this turd as a whole the (partial) offset is a rise in taxes on some people (currently estimated at 9%) and blowing a hole in deficits.

What are some of the ways you think we can overhaul the corporate tax code for the better?

Mainly just lower the rate to be competitive with other countries and end the Worldwide taxing of income. Just tax US source Income and allow corporations to move their cash around freely

I still cant believe they are entertaining taxing higher education.

I guess the GOP are really willing to let the whole country burn to the ground around them as long as they can stay toasty in their mansions hoarding their gold.

Luba likes to pretend he is wealthy.

I still cant believe they are entertaining taxing higher education.

I guess the GOP are really willing to let the whole country burn to the ground around them as long as they can stay toasty in their mansions hoarding their gold.
The fuckery with graduate tuition wavers is gonna screw me real hard

He's just temporarily middle class, but a future rich guy!!
He's a rich doctor that blew through undergrad in less than 6 months, cruised through medical school just by cramming for tests and it was oh so easy, married an asian model and also used to beat up guys in smokers when he was in the service.

I'm looking down the barrel of a seriously problematic tax hike next year with the changes to graduate tuition, among other things. For fuck sake..... so frustrating. Almost everyone I know is getting screwed by this monstrosity of a shit show.

He's just temporarily middle class, but a future rich guy!!
I'm a physician, and my wife makes pretty decent money. @Limbo Pete knows this, as I've send him pics of my office and prescription pad with his name written on it. He's just your typical angsty middle aged community college history major who externalizes blame, always feels wronged, resentful, disgruntled, and gets off trolling people more successful than him on internet forums.

I'm a physician, and my wife makes pretty decent money. @Limbo Pete knows this, as I've send him pics of my office and prescription pad with his name written on it. He's just your typical angsty middle aged community college history major who externalizes blame, always feels wronged, resentful, disgruntled, and gets off trolling people more successful than him on internet forums.
Classic Luba

Back