• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tax Cuts and Jobs Act

The RNC couldn't be more disengenous with the tax cuts, and the DNC couldn't be more hypocritical.

Dems win either way because they and their donors "fight the good fight" and directly benefit just as much as repubs. If their cause were truly noble they would do what they could do regardless: shut the fuck up and pay the additional tax or donate that amount to charity. I'll wait for the millionaire Democrats to lead the way on that front.

Derp why dont you look up Expanded Medicaid and quit making stupid arguments on here?

"Expanded Medicaid" is Medicaid that is given to people who already have jerbs dipzhit. Why dont you stop oppressing poor people.

Poverty is a lifestyle choice in America. Why don't you stop oppressing rich people? Why are you so jealous?

The RNC couldn't be more disengenous with the tax cuts, and the DNC couldn't be more hypocritical.

Dems win either way because they and their donors "fight the good fight" and directly benefit just as much as repubs. If their cause were truly noble they would do what they could do regardless: shut the fuck up and pay the additional tax or donate that amount to charity. I'll wait for the millionaire Democrats to lead the way on that front.
Wait, are you suggesting democrats pay more tax for no reason?

Senate Republicans released their version of a tax plan today:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...n-tax-plans-advance-in-congress-idUSKBN1D92HV

Key differences:
1. Senate wants a full SALT repeal.
2. Senate wants to keep the estate tax, but raise the amount exempted.
3. Senate wants the same corporate tax rate of 20%, but wants to delay implementation until 2019.

We want to raise the deficits, but we want it to kick in during a democratic congress so that they deal with the fallout.

Republican voters are stupid and are going to eat it.

Senate Republicans released their version of a tax plan today:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...n-tax-plans-advance-in-congress-idUSKBN1D92HV

Key differences:
1. Senate wants a full SALT repeal.
2. Senate wants to keep the estate tax, but raise the amount exempted.
3. Senate wants the same corporate tax rate of 20%, but wants to delay implementation until 2019.
I’m reading that can’t pass via reconciliation rules either. Back to the chalk board.

Of course you and I disagree with their bills on a lot of levels but these guys are scrambling for a “win” and to rush something this big and far reaching is lunacy.

Wife and I are upper middle class Trump supporters and well see a tax increase because of their cut to the state and local tax deduction. We pay ny income tax and about 8k in property\school.

Wife and I are upper middle class Trump supporters and well see a tax increase because of their cut to the state and local tax deduction. We pay ny income tax and about 8k in property\school.
What do you think of the tax plan?

What do you think of the tax plan?

I'm not a fan. It'd be one thing if they admitted that they are sticking it to ny and California but instead they are claiming that EVERYONE will get a tax cut.

I also don't like how they are bragging about simplifying the tax code for us. That's basically code for taking away our deductions. People want to close the corporate loopholes not their own common sense deductions. I blame my piece of shit corrupt state also but I'm not in a position to get up and leave and our state and local taxes will never go down.

Overall some businesses will win big. As for individuals it's a shell game. Some may save a few bucks, some pay a few more, but hardly a game changing tax cut.

I'm not a fan. It'd be one thing if they admitted that they are sticking it to ny and California but instead they are claiming that EVERYONE will get a tax cut.

I also don't like how they are bragging about simplifying the tax code for us. That's basically code for taking away our deductions. People want to close the corporate loopholes not their own common sense deductions. I blame my piece of shit corrupt state also but I'm not in a position to get up and leave and our state and local taxes will never go down.

Overall some businesses will win big. As for individuals it's a shell game. Some may save a few bucks, some pay a few more, but hardly a game changing tax cut.
I always appreciate honesty and almost all of this reasonable accept one part that’s absurd.

Why the fuck would it be ok to screw over ny and ca? Because they’re blue?

I always appreciate honesty and almost all of this reasonable accept one part that’s absurd.

It wouldn't be ok. .. but id prefer if they admitted That's What they're doing. Instead of them telling me in getting a cut when I know it's bullshit

Yes, because they're blue.

It wouldn't be ok. .. but id prefer if they admitted That's What they're doing. Instead of them telling me in getting a cut when I know it's bullshit
Gotcha. Yeah that’s my biggest problem too (the lying).

So, deductions for interest on student loans is capped and so is deductions for school supplies. WTF????

shit... i don't agree with most of what the republicans have done recently.... but tax cuts are one of the main reasons why i vote for the GOP

Well, you'll probably pay more in taxes when it's all said and done.

Back