Tattoo Ideas for Platelet disorder?

but uh...uhh....uhh...don't be a tool. Many people have cancer related tattoos.

Its not as terrible as it sounds. Most people with it temporarily take medication for a short while and never have to deal with it ever again.

People don't have cancer related tattoos?

Huh? Did I say people don't have cancer related tattoos? Did I indicate that I am somehow in favor of cancer tattoos? Why are you asking me if people do or do not have cancer tattoos?

Anyway, to each their own. I think 99.5% of all the tattoos out there are stupid.

Man, I posted early in this thread and missed some comedy gold apparently due to an extremely infantile thread starter. Enjoy your lame tattoo, doucher.

Something like this:
images

I'd get all scientific in this biiatch and get this on my rib cage:

Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), often called primary immune thrombocytopenia and also known as primary immune thrombocytopenic purpura and autoimmune thrombocytopenic purpura, is defined as isolated low platelet count (thrombocytopenia) with normal bone marrow and the absence of other causes of thrombocytopenia. It causes a characteristic purpuric rash and an increased tendency to bleed. Two distinct clinical syndromes manifest as an acute condition in children and a chronic condition in adults. The acute form often follows an infection and has a spontaneous resolution within 2 months. Chronic idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura persists longer than 6 months without a specific cause.

ITP is an autoimmune condition with antibodies detectable against several platelet surface antigens.

ITP is diagnosed by a low platelet count in a complete blood count (a common blood test). However, since the diagnosis depends on the exclusion of other causes of a low platelet count, additional investigations (such as a bone marrow biopsy) may be necessary in some cases.

In mild cases, only careful observation may be required but very low counts or significant bleeding may prompt treatment with corticosteroids, intravenous immunoglobulin, anti-D immunoglobulin, or immunosuppressive drugs. Refractory ITP (not responsive to conventional treatment) may require splenectomy, the surgical removal of the spleen. Platelet transfusions may be used in severe bleeding together with a very low count. Sometimes the body may compensate by making abnormally large platelets.

That way when girls ask, "what's ITP?" you can just lift your shirt and say, "Here, baby, let me show you"

My son was just diagnosed with Henoch Schonlein Purpura. We now have to take blood tests regulary to check for damage on his kidneys.

Thread went completely sideways almost immediately. Would read again. thumbsup.gif

So you have an immune system disorder and you want to get a tattoo to challenge your immune system. Good luck.

Back