Tattoo Ideas for Platelet disorder?

See O

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm just searching around looking for ideas. Long story short, I was diagnosed about 3 years ago with a disorder called ITP. Basically my immune system attacks my platelets, causing me to bleed and bruise badly when my platelets are low. Its treated by medication and other types of treatments.

Im looking for tattoo ideas that I can get that will relate to it. Something creative. Creative isn't one of my strong points. I have searched a bit on google and honestly haven't found a whole lot besides the whole ribbon with the "ITP" or "fight ITP" awareness on it which im not really interested in. I wouldn't mind something dark and gory.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Get a bloody bruise tattooed on you

Have a cartooney underground street fight tattooed on yourself, wherein the roided out white blood cell is beating the wimpy red donut cell to death.

Make sure to Have a gallon of blood with you

I can't remotely understand why you would want to commemorate a terrible illness by having something related to it permanently inked into your skin...but uh...you have fun with that man, and stay healthy.

so you have bruising of your skin and bleeding when your platelets are low and wish to stick a needle full of ink under your skin to commemorate it?

Yeah I think your red cell count is low now, clearly your brain has been oxygen deprived as I really don't think you've thought this one through.

funny comments by people who don't have a full understanding of what it is. I can do anything that anyone else can. I've gotten several tattoos since being diagnosed. Im not going to "bleed to death". My platelets right now and for the last year have been elevated to the level that a normal persons are without needing any medications, which also means im currently in no risk of bleeding or bruising. When I got a tattoo about 6 months ago, i hardly bled at all. I haven't been in a risk of severe bleeding since first being diagnosed 3 years ago.

I can see I will get no help here other than smart ass remarks from douchebags, should have known better anyways. Sherdog for normal humane discussion? HA, my mistake.

Peace out motherfuckers.

I take offense to your scathing remarks sir, I was quite serious about that blood-cell fight club tattoo.

I can't remotely understand why you would want to commemorate a terrible illness by having something related to it permanently inked into your skin...but uh...you have fun with that man, and stay healthy.

but uh...uhh....uhh...don't be a tool. Many people have cancer related tattoos.

Its not as terrible as it sounds. Most people with it temporarily take medication for a short while and never have to deal with it ever again.

People don't have cancer related tattoos?

I'm against tattoos or branding but I have to admit that they do look cool.

You could get a brand.

tribal1.jpg

This shows a brand^

Tattoos aren't even cool anymore now that everyone has them.

Got news for you dude, they were never cool...if the only reason they were "cool" was because nobody had them. Thats idiot-hipster logic.

Tattoos that mean something to the person that has it, will always be cool. The rest, have always been, and will always be, stupid.

Got news for you dude, they were never cool...if the only reason they were "cool" was because nobody had them. Thats idiot-hipster logic.

Tattoos that mean something to the person that has it, will always be cool. The rest, have always been, and will always be, stupid.

that's your own opinion and you have all the right to think what you want. If everyone thought the same, this world would be pretty fucking boring.

Personally i think dudes who wear socks with sandals and hats slightly silted to the side with the stickers still on them are pretty fucking stupid, but i usually just keep my opinions to myself. Hey if people think they look cool like that, then its all cool.

that's your own opinion and you have all the right to think what you want. If everyone thought the same, this world would be pretty fucking boring.

Personally i think dudes who wear socks with sandals and hats slightly silted to the side with the stickers still on them are pretty fucking stupid, but i usually just keep my opinions to myself. Hey if people think they look cool like that, then its all cool.

What are you on about?

Back