Tatiana Suarez vs Joanna Jędrzejczyk

Suarez vs Joanna sounds cool, but if Joanna wins, I don't want to see her against Rose again.

It's too risky. If Joanna wins Tatiana will lose her hype and we end up with either Rose vs Joanna or Andrade vs Joanna. There is not much interest in those fights. I want to see Tatiana crush some cans and add more TKO or sub in her highlight reel. Then Tatiana will fight the winner of Rose vs Andrade.

Suarez is the future of the division. Let her run through JJ and stake her claim.
<{jackyeah}>

Tatiana shouldn't be fighting Joanna. Putting aside the fact that my girls shouldn't be crossing paths so soon, Tatiana's train is chugging along too smoothly right now to risk possible derailment against someone as dangerous as Joanna.

I like this match-up but no title shot for Joanna if she wins.

Last edited:
OMG- I hope so cause I could actually lay some money on Tatiana at wager-able odds.
I'm hoping.

Uh is everyone forgetting Gadelha already has a fight booked against Nina? Unless JJ goes to 125 to fight Valentina, no reason at all why they can't book her vs. Suarez.

If it turns out that Tatiana has a chin- she will handle JJ and very confident about it.

That would be an awesome fight, but it will remain awesome for a long time. Don't risk derailing Suarez. The short term priority is to create as many contenders, and fresh title match ups, as possible. I would steer Suarez away from people who might beat her in terms of her next fight (I don't know whether they would defeat her).

Let her continue to develop, fight later this year (same card as Rose versus Andrade?), and then maybe fight for the title next spring/summer. The UFC gave Conor the time and space to develop before facing Mendes and Aldo. Let's do the same with Suarez. She looks like she could be the future of WMMA over the next few years. Don't rush it.

I honestly don't see anyone being able to stop this woman from doing whatever she wants to her opponents in this weight class. She's going to dominate everyone she fights. If there were signs of her getting tired in fights? There would be some hope, but she seems to have a gas tank that simply never goes below Full....

I'm incredibly impressed by her grappling. It's completely off the hook.

That would be an awesome fight, but it will remain awesome for a long time. Don't risk derailing Suarez. The short term priority is to create as many contenders, and fresh title match ups, as possible. I would steer Suarez away from people who might beat her in terms of her next fight (I don't know whether they would defeat her).

Let her continue to develop, fight later this year (same card as Rose versus Andrade?), and then maybe fight for the title next spring/summer. The UFC gave Conor the time and space to develop before facing Mendes and Aldo. Let's do the same with Suarez. She looks like she could be the future of WMMA over the next few years. Don't rush it.

Who do you want to see her fight next? She just dominated the no.6 in her divison, so they really can't take their time "building her up" she'll be taking a step back by not fighting a top 5 fighter. Joanna or Gadelha makes the most sense. They can match her up with the Waterson/Herrig winner, but once again that's a step back from Esparza who's ranked higher than the both of them. Karolina just got knocked out and Torres lost a one sided fight so they have no momentum going for them.

Who do you want to see her fight next? She just dominated the no.6 in her divison, so they really can't take their time "building her up" she'll be taking a step back by not fighting a top 5 fighter. Joanna or Gadelha makes the most sense. They can match her up with the Waterson/Herrig winner, but once again that's a step back from Esparza who's ranked higher than the both of them. Karolina just got knocked out and Torres lost a one sided fight so they have no momentum going for them.

100% true. I would just point out that the UFC put Conor in there with someone who clearly had a big upside in Poirier, and then gave him a step back against Siver in his next fight in order to give him more time to develop. I would do Torres, Karolina or Waterson/Herrig. Any of those would make a nice showcase for Tatiana, and buy time to refine her skills; she's still pretty new at this. But your way is fine too. Either way, it's exciting.

Andrade v Rose has to be the next title fight, that much is obvious.

JJ v Tatiana makes sense, but needs Jess to beat Rose, because if JJ beats Tatiana does anyone really want to see JJ v Rose III

I dont think Jess walks over Rose as easy as people think, her charging forward like a bat out of hell in the opening minute could count against her, Rose is smart.. Wouldnt surprise me at all to see Jessica walk into a takedown and quick submission, or a counter to the temple..

Tatiana on the other hand, if she gets JJ down, I dont see her getting back up again.

While JJ has very good TDD, she's hardly been flawless in this area. Also I think Joanna relied on the height and reach she had over Gadelha and Esparza in their TD attempts. Suarez is taller than both of them, and about the size of Joanna. But she's stronger. And obviously she's a much better wrestler than Claudia and Carla too. Thus I have to pick Tatiana to beat Joanna. Probably gets the finish on the ground.

For Tatiana, Rose is less of a threat with TDD but more of a threat with subs. Overall I think she'd be an easier matchup than Joanna for Suarez.

Andrade is Tatiana's toughest test be because of her power, striking, and low center of gravity. Still, we've seen her outgrappled before in the UFC. I'd expect Tatiana to get her down at some point, and probably finish her too. Though if she doesn't, Andrade is cleatly the most dangerous threat on the feet.

Combinations of fights between these four, plus vs Valentina Shevchenko, are the best women's fights in MMA, next to Cyborg vs Nunes

No. God please no. How many times do we have to sacrifice a fighter that has potential to be a star but lack experience just because they dominate in a fight? And people wonder why UFC doesn't have stars anymore. People are underestimating JJ just because she lost to Rose twice. Well did people forget MMA math doesn't work?

Back