Tatiana Suarez' shadowboxing looks familiar

Suarez doesnt need to have as good of stiking as rousey, since she can actually shoot doubles and singles. Rousey has to use punches to set up the clinch to get a takedown. Nunez just shrugged her off the few times she did get in close enough.

Not great but better than Rousey.
And didn't Tatiana win her season of TUF? She seems to have been pretty quiet.
She has that WMMA schedule of fighting once a year. Don't if it's injuries, "woman's problems", Shelby not booking healthy woman fighters, or a combination of all the above.
She is a cancer survivor so she tends to still have issues from that.

there's nobody in wmma with decent striking,nobody

Do you count kicking as striking? Tatiana actually has decent, powerful kicks.

Actually, I think the disparity between men and women in striking is far less in kicking than punching. Perhaps it has something to do with the biological fact the strength disparity is far less in the lower body than the upper body?

Because she got good grappling. And honestly its not that much worse than this. The average level of striking in mma in general is low.

7.gif
This was like 10 years ago

there's nobody in wmma with decent striking,nobody

Both Amanda and Cyborg are very good strikers. Holly is good herself too, Valentina and Joanna. Even Rose.

I hate WMMA more than most but at least be realistic. There may not be many, but there are a few good fighters in WMMA.

Because she got good grappling. And honestly its not that much worse than this. The average level of striking in mma in general is low.

7.gif

No its not. The guy in the gif is trying to brawl. Cindy dandoid is trying to be competent and her more technical opponent cant even hit her properly.

LIterally my reaction was <Fedor23>

followed by I'm not surprised motherfuckers. It's a standard for WMMA striking

Thug Rose is basicly left hook headhunter, which kinda worked against JJ.
Valentina is fighting same as she was 12 years old, you can watch videos, same tactic, same shots etc. nothing special.
And I'm JJ fan but seriously it looks like years of mma training dimnished her striking abilities.

I was replying to someone saying there were "no decent WMMA strikers".

Rose, JJ and Valentina are all, at the very least, decent strikers. Nothing you said changes that fact.

I was replying to someone saying there were "no decent WMMA strikers".

Rose, JJ and Valentina are all, at the very least, decent strikers. Nothing you said changes that fact.

Don't get me wrong, all these girls have better striking than many guys, way better, and some of their performances are really, really good, but overall (male or female) mma striking is really bad and imo never will be as good as kickboxing/boxing/muay thai.
I'm not convinced to Rose, but she is young, so she has time she can improve (but seriously her fights against Jedrzejczyk and Torres were very similar, still not convinced she made some great progress, gotta wait how will fight JJ next fights).
I'm not really fan of Shevhcenko, very boring striker with low output. Also I've seen last fight of her sister with something like 50-2 record fighting 2-1 girl, seriously, both their records are big asterix.

Don't get me wrong, all these girls have better striking than many guys, way better, and some of their performances are really, really good, but overall (male or female) mma striking is really bad and imo never will be as good as kickboxing/boxing/muay thai.
I'm not convinced to Rose, but she is young, so she has time she can improve (but seriously her fights against Jedrzejczyk and Torres were very similar, still not convinced she made some great progress, gotta wait how will fight JJ next fights).
I'm not really fan of Shevhcenko, very boring striker with low output. Also I've seen last fight of her sister with something like 50-2 record fighting 2-1 girl, seriously, both their records are big asterix.

I disagree that MMA striking is overall "really bad". I think there are plenty of average strikers, but at the elite levels you are starting to see seriously high level stuff, even if it's only in the last few years (Holloway, TJ, Conor, Wonderboy, Whitaker etc etc).

Of course MMA fighters' striking will never be as "good" as pure strikers. Would you expect a triathlete to keep up with Lance Armstrong, Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps?

Plus, MMA striking, no matter how high level it gets, will always look different because of the grappling threat. You just can't strike like a pure striker and hope to stay standing.

So high level mma striking will never look the same as pure striking, but this is aless an issue of quality and more just an issue of style.

Not great but better than Rousey.
And didn't Tatiana win her season of TUF? She seems to have been pretty quiet.
She has that WMMA schedule of fighting once a year. Don't if it's injuries, "woman's problems", Shelby not booking healthy woman fighters, or a combination of all the above.

Suarez is a cancer surviver. She has some real health issues.

Suarez is a wrestler (Olympian).

Both Megan Anderson and Laura Sanko independently came to the notion that Tatiana may have what it takes to become the female version of Khabib. (As stated on the most recent Aussie and Fancy Breakdown.)

Thug Rose is basicly left hook headhunter, which kinda worked against JJ.
Valentina is fighting same as she was 12 years old, you can watch videos, same tactic, same shots etc. nothing special.
And I'm JJ fan but seriously it looks like years of mma training dimnished her striking abilities.

And they are all still competent strikers.

You're exaggerating. The initial comment was "there are no decent wmma strikers". Which is wrong. All three of them know how to strike, even if they are all simplistic overall compared to the elite male fighters.

Back