Tate was next, but already lost twice. She can't complain about titleshot

Here is my issue with this. The UFC is a fucking billion dollar company that announces this fight. Then Dana comes out and says while we already saw Tate lose twice so Holm is more appealing. As a billion dollar company did you not realize Tate lost to Rousey twice when you promised her the title shot for a 3rd fight. I am not talking about which fight is more appealing just the stupidness on Dana and the UFC to announce it then go well we already saw it twice, no shit you knew that when you announced it

To be honest they probably didn't think Tate would win four in a row. They were probably expecting her to lose one and then use that as an excuse. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to make Tate fight someone else besides Ronda hoping that she will lose and they can then use that as an excuse.

Say what you will but I think Dana sees the fire in Tate's eyes and he knows she actually has a chance. Ronda is a cash cow. Their biggest one at the moment. A superstar. It's better to put her in with these fighters not even in the top 10 if they can get away with it. It builds up her mystique as all the casuals see her winning in 20 seconds and think "wow! look at her!"

It seems you are completely missing the issue people are mad about.
It has nothing to do with the fact she was beaten by Ronda twice and will probably lose once more.

It has more to the fact he was told she was the next.
UFC said she was next
Ronda said she was next
She already started her camp.

And then UFC give the title shot to Holm, who was not ready and said so herself!

is not announced until its officialy announced

Dana White said once women never gonna fight in UFC. That's what you want ?

I prefer greatly Dana White embarrasing himself saying one thing and then changing the decision for the sake of the bussines, than a stubborn son of a bitch doesnt change his mind hurting the bussines and the sport.

is not announced until its officialy announced

Dana White said once women never gonna fight in UFC. That's what you want ?

I prefer greatly Dana White embarrasing himself saying one thing and then changing the decision for the sake of the bussines, than a stubborn son of a bitch doesnt change his mind hurting the bussines and the sport.

WHile this might be true, you trying to claim it is the right way is not only asinine, it shows you don't think much on what is right and what is wrong.

That's besides the point of Zuffa and AC using the fight announcement from Zuffa on Wandi & Sonnen to ban him for life....

If they could use that as basis to do that, then announcing the fight should be as good as setting it in stone.
And guess what? they did announce this fight.

SO all in all, while it is nice to see uncle Dana making a fool out of himself, I would LOVE for Tate or her sponsors to sue Zuffa for the same reason.

WHile this might be true, you trying to claim it is the right way is not only asinine, it shows you don't think much on what is right and what is wrong.

That's besides the point of Zuffa and AC using the fight announcement from Zuffa on Wandi & Sonnen to ban him for life....

If they could use that as basis to do that, then announcing the fight should be as good as setting it in stone.
And guess what? they did announce this fight.

SO all in all, while it is nice to see uncle Dana making a fool out of himself, I would LOVE for Tate or her sponsors to sue Zuffa for the same reason.

of course I mean, this is not right way to do it, but every business and organization could been managed better, even politics, at the end of the day what really matters is the final product.

UFC and DANA WHITE made a fool of themselves "kind of announcing" the fight with tate, then retracting now. But come on, Ronda vs Holm still makes sense.

We really gonna watch every movement UFC and Dana White does just to say it could be done better ??? come on. At the end of the day Holm is still a good decision and thats all matter. I am just a guy who likes MMA, i am not Tate sponsor or trainer so, whatever

of course I mean, this is not right way to do it, but every business and organization could been managed better, even politics, at the end of the day what really matters is the final product.

UFC and DANA WHITE made a fool of themselves "kind of announcing" the fight with tate, then retracting now. But come on, Ronda vs Holm still makes sense.

We really gonna watch every movement UFC and Dana White does just to say it could be done better ??? come on. At the end of the day Holm is still a good decision.

That's where I disagree.
Holm is as ready as Bethe was.
She said so herself, and her fights were very far from great. She knows it! She said so herself!

I am sorry to say, but you seem to try and say you like to see Dana make a fool of himself, but you are eating at the palm of his hands.
If anyone "deserves" the title shot, that woman is Tate.
She beat 4 top contenders.

Holm? beat middle tier girls and didn't look great at it.

That's where I disagree.
Holm is as ready as Bethe was.
She said so herself, and her fights were very far from great. She knows it! She said so herself!

I am sorry to say, but you seem to try and say you like to see Dana make a fool of himself, but you are eating at the palm of his hands.
If anyone "deserves" the title shot, that woman is Tate.
She beat 4 top contenders.

Holm? beat middle tier girls and didn't look great at it.

You missed to read my thread.

Of course Miesha Tate is more accomplished and is more competitive, but this is a bussines and sell a THIRD tate fight, when Ronda defeated her twice before dominating.... well... its DIFFICULT to sell.

To me Miesha is always the woman more close to defeat Ronda and she is in a great winning streak but... again, this is a businnes and she already lost twice and was dominated. That means even a fighter like Holm who is not reeally ready for a titleshot could sell better the fight, that happens to you when you already was defeated clearly twice... even a fighter who dont have top 10 winnings can bypass you to the title.

You missed to read my thread.

Of course Miesha Tate is more accomplished and is more competitive, but this is a bussines and sell a THIRD tate fight, when Ronda defeated her twice before dominating.... well... its DIFFICULT to sell.

To me Miesha is always the woman more close to defeat Ronda and she is in a great winning streak but... again, this is a businnes and she already lost twice and was dominated. That means even a fighter like Holm who is not reeally ready for a titleshot could sell better the fight, that happens to you when you already was defeated clearly twice... even a fighter who dont have top 10 winnings can bypass you to the title.

no, it doesn't.
This is not a business. it is a sport.
In WWE you can do such things.

in MMA, if you want this to be taken serious, you can't blatantly change things because it is easier to sell.

this is the very problem with Zuffa thinking they own a sport and can make with it whatever they want.

This is everything that is wrong. You trying to justify it is laughable at best!

no, it doesn't.
This is not a business. it is a sport.
In WWE you can do such things.

in MMA, if you want this to be taken serious, you can't blatantly change things because it is easier to sell.

this is the very problem with Zuffa thinking they own a sport and can make with it whatever they want.

This is everything that is wrong. You trying to justify it is laughable at best!

ROUSEY VS HOLM gonna sell more PPV than against Tate

So, more people want to see that fight and Tate already lost twice

many could say Tate 3 is a joke and if happens this is not a serious sport

So you want to keep seeing Ronda win in 30 seconds against fighters who stand little if any chance? When there is a competitor out there who has a much better chance of defeating her?

I don't want to see rhonda fight the same person three times. Your assumption that anyone else loses in thirty seconds or less sounds cool but the reality is no one knows. If we knew the outcome of every fight serra would have never fought gsp. Cause "we'd all know the outcome of that fight".

Back