Tate was next, but already lost twice. She can't complain about titleshot

It's not very professional with how the UFC handled it.

But I tend to agree. Miesha showed she had absolutely NOTHING for Ronda in their two fights. On top of that, her second fight was a 3 round beatdown where she literally showed the poorest fight IQ I've ever seen. I mean, I had a hard to believing I was watching a professional in there with how badly she fought that night.

It's not surprising that the UFC picked someone else. Not in the slightest. It sucks for her, but no one wants to see Ronda hip toss Miesha over and over again.

At this point, the UFC should just have a "take a number" system for everyone to get a shot at the champ.

People are forgetting this isn't really Meishas 3rd shot, Yes it would be her 3rd fight with Ronda but she was champion in there first fight. Also I remember a lot of people saying Meisha won the standup against Rousey in the 2nd fight but had poor fight IQ going for the clinch and getting manhandled from it. Fact is Meisha has beaten the top of the division pretty clearly so why does she not get 1 more shot?

I wouldn't have been interested in the fight, but Miesha had every right to the rematch. She had beaten 4 in a row, including 2 Top 5-ers. Holm beat an unranked fighter, and one outside of the Top 10 and is getting the shot. It's messed up.

Miesha showed she had absolutely NOTHING for Ronda in their two fights. On top of that, her second fight was a 3 round beat down where she literally showed the poorest fight IQ I've ever seen. I mean, I had a hard to believing I was watching a professional in there with how badly she fought that night.

It's not surprising that the UFC picked someone else.

This. I can't stand people saying they should have a third fight because of how it went to the third. Even Tate believes that shit. She keeps saying she's the one to beat Ronda. Yea, you are crazy.

If anyone wants to debate how lopsided that fight was... simply go watch round 3 again and watch how bad Tate was...

1.gif

0612d73ea566809f617d87ae0009c5d3d23859e953cf4c16ece8f65ba78439bd_large

1367321853364276840.gif

"At least it's not Tate again" means jackshit.

I am so fekkin confused right now .. I knew I should have checked MMA news first. :(

This is clearly a knee jerk reaction to all the fan talk about not wanting to see Rousey/Tate 3. While I understand that some do not want to see this fight again, Meisha earned it fair and square regardless of what people think. Meisha has got to be hurting right now.

(Holm confirmed against Rousey next)

I love Tate, she is gorgeous

And I was willing the watch Ronda vs Tate 3, to me she is clearly the most competitive women against Ronda, I wasnt bitching about the trilogy at all.

But lets be honest, UFC is a business and Tate a THIRD time is difficult to sell, she already lost twice and was dominated always so... SHE CANT COMPLAIN about it.

Holm DOESNT DESERVE a titleshot, but someone has to fight Ronda, there is NOTHING ELSE.

So:

- Tate is the most competitive against Ronda, but has to wait because lost twice and being dominated do that to you.

- Holm doesnt deserve a titleshot but there is nothing else (Tate 3 is too hard to sell because she was dominated twice like I said)

PD: Still the next Ronda fight after Holm gonna be tate, just calm down everybody

I agree with pretty much all of this, Tate is my favorite wmma fighter and I feel is a much better fighter than holm but she has already lost twice and they obviously want to pad Rondas record a little bit.

The only thing I disagree with is the notion that Ronda dominated Tate twice, I thought the second fight was competitive until the armbar

I dont see any issues with Holm getting the shot, especially in a shallow division. Tate has won 4 in a row, but he lost to Rondy twice already and last time got the shot coming of a TKO loss to Cat. Holm is 2-0 in the UFC and a exciting new match up.

The only issue is if the UFC had promised her a shot then announced a different fight without notifying her. It's unprofessional and unnecessary, I mean how hard is it to give someone a heads up before you announce a change?

It's fucking stupid if you ask me.

Despite what you may think of her Tate is the clear #1 contender and she's being bypassed just so Ronda can look good.

UFC match making is a joke. Between this, Cain vs Werdum rematch, Gus vs Cormier, and Conduit vs Lawlor I just can't take them seriously as an organization anymore.

Here is my issue with this. The UFC is a fucking billion dollar company that announces this fight. Then Dana comes out and says while we already saw Tate lose twice so Holm is more appealing. As a billion dollar company did you not realize Tate lost to Rousey twice when you promised her the title shot for a 3rd fight. I am not talking about which fight is more appealing just the stupidness on Dana and the UFC to announce it then go well we already saw it twice, no shit you knew that when you announced it

I agree with pretty much all of this, Tate is my favorite wmma fighter and I feel is a much better fighter than holm but she has already lost twice and they obviously want to pad Rondas record a little bit.

The only thing I disagree with is the notion that Ronda dominated Tate twice, I thought the second fight was competitive until the armbar

about the second fight you can say Tate was not manhandled at will, but I dont think Ronda was in danger in a moment at all, Miesha was fine in surviving Ronda attempts to finish the fight, but Tate wasnt ever close to finish the fight herself, you CANT say the match was even when Tate just was surviving, thats not symetrical.

If a fighter best achievement is just to survive an amount of time and not even push to win herself, then is NOT competitive. IMO

Last edited:
Tate should be pissed she did everything she needed to do for her title shot, as Dana said she earned her way to another title fight and they should give it to her.

New here?

Keep this juicy nugget in your pocket at all times: Dana lies.

she can complain cause dana white said she was next

if he never said she was next then this thread would be correct

This is a worse promo than Glover taking Jones to the limit.

This x 1000.

I'd love nothing more than for Rousey to smoke her in 7 seconds, setting a new record and putting an end to "but - but - but Tate lasted the....lonnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

(Holm confirmed against Rousey next)

I love Tate, she is gorgeous

And I was willing the watch Ronda vs Tate 3, to me she is clearly the most competitive women against Ronda, I wasnt bitching about the trilogy at all.

But lets be honest, UFC is a business and Tate a THIRD time is difficult to sell, she already lost twice and was dominated always so... SHE CANT COMPLAIN about it.

Holm DOESNT DESERVE a titleshot, but someone has to fight Ronda, there is NOTHING ELSE.

So:

- Tate is the most competitive against Ronda, but has to wait because lost twice and being dominated do that to you.

- Holm doesnt deserve a titleshot but there is nothing else (Tate 3 is too hard to sell because she was dominated twice like I said)

PD: Still the next Ronda fight after Holm gonna be tate, just calm down everybody

It seems you are completely missing the issue people are mad about.
It has nothing to do with the fact she was beaten by Ronda twice and will probably lose once more.

It has more to the fact he was told she was the next.
UFC said she was next
Ronda said she was next
She already started her camp.

And then UFC give the title shot to Holm, who was not ready and said so herself!

Back