Tapped out a guy 65 pounds heavier than me today...

sorry guys to have to break this to you but we big dudes often LET you tap us and "play nice" because otherwise neither would get anything out from rolling. If the size difference is big and the big dude is not a total n00b he can smash his way to a kimura or choke

I second this and it goes along with the "I tapped a black belt" threads. They are not playing their A-game with you, believe it.

Damn dude, your e-peen is huge now! And that's awesome that as a blue belt you not only brag about tapping peep but also admit to pulling on your foot!

I am sorry, but my english is not good enough to understand what you mean.

I enjoy reading these sorts of threads.

I'm more interested in these threads than threads about political BS in BJJ or fantasy match-ups or such.

Threads don't always have to be momentous either - I think these sorts of small victories or frustrations are great to share. People who actually train instead of watching the UFC know how gratifying these little victories can be.

I think we're all grapplers and should be supporting and encouraging each other, not trying to shoot each other down to score "pwnage" points. The exception, of course, are the obvious idiots and trolls.

Keep training and keep sharing, mate.

Thank you sir, I agree with you.

Jamie Hughes, great vid and nice triangle. What belt do you have?

I don't understand how there can be so many huge guys in usa. I mean I trained with a 6'4 280pound guy, and he was like the biggest guy I've seen in my life. Maybe I've seen heavier guys, but they wouldn't be as big, just with a huge belly. I guess there really is a ton of fatties.

350pounds+... 6'6, that's what guys like dominic filiou look like, I just find it a bit hard to believe that you see linemen sized guys in bjj so often...

sorry guys to have to break this to you but we big dudes often LET you tap us and "play nice" because otherwise neither would get anything out from rolling. If the size difference is big and the big dude is not a total n00b he can smash his way to a kimura or choke

You roll to learn not win

Glad somebody pointed this out.

Plus, I'm just bothered by the idea of going on the internet to brag about tapping your training partner. Your training partners deserve more respect than that.

I just tapped a dude probably about 50 lbs heavier than me to win a tournament. I was like oh man this guy is gonna hulk smash me and I put him in my guard broke his posture and got the armbar. I'm pretty excited about it because I've been really trying to get my armbar from guard down pat. Plus it was my first absolute tournament win.

juan.jpg

Back