Tapped out a guy 65 pounds heavier than me today...

I'm nearly identical to weight and you, im about 5'11 155 pounds. I got to admit, it is the best feeling in the world when you tap out a guy twice your size.

I remember several months ago, I tapped out a fellow blue belt who was about 6'2 and pushing 250 pounds with a guillotine. I couldn't believe it myself. I passed this off for a lucky fluke, but I caught him the next week with a triangle from the bottom of side control. Now that was lucky!

I recently started doing nogi more to supplement my training, and I went against a BEAST the other day. This guy was the type of dude that stands out wherever you go. I never met the guy before but gigantic doesn't begin to describe him. He was probably 6'6-6'7, and I found out he weighed more than 300 pounds. He wasn't just some fatty either, he wasn't ripped by no stretch, but he had a powerlifting shirt on haha. I knew it would be fun.

It started off with me easily getting pushed down, and found the guy in my guard. I couldn't touch my legs behind him, let alone close my guard. He then easily stood up about to pass, when then I found an opportunity to use that sweep where you grab both of the back of his ankles, and use your shins to push his abdomen which rocks him onto his back. There I found myself in mount haha. From there I spent a good min or so making sure I don't get bucked off. I could tell he was gassing though. I then snuck my leg past his arm and went for the triangle for mount. What I didn't anticipate was how hard it would be to get this choke on him. His shoulder were too wide for my legs to touch so I worked for nearly a min to get my leg in the position to lock it. Right when I had it sunk in he swept me over, but it was too late, I had the choke and finished it. Ahh that was a great roll.

It still better to have this thread than a stupid Gracie Online, EB/AB/10th, GI vs NOGI threads.

Probably. Or maybe we need some serious mods in here to clean this grappling forum up a bit. New threads should only be started if there is relevant information to be discussed over, such as certain moves/techniques, sports, schools, competitors etc.

New all encompassing threads such as:
>Noob questions here
>Upcoming local/world wide competition talk here
>Grappling stories here

These alone would clear up alot of unnecessary threads in this forum. Also a more comprehensive FAQ would help, but then again that requires serious work so...meh.

I once tapped a hyena 65 pounds heavier than me. I thought that it was laughing at my mother, so I paw barred it. She hadn't gotten her blue belt too long ago, I have to admit that, but she had lots of teeth and a taste for rotting flesh.

Then my father fell from a mountain into a huge wildebeest stampede and died. Shit was not fun.

I once tapped a hyena 65 pounds heavier than me. I thought that it was laughing at my mother, so I paw barred it. She hadn't gotten her blue belt too long ago, I have to admit that, but she had lots of teeth and a taste for rotting flesh.

Then my father fell from a mountain into a huge wildebeest stampede and died. Shit was not fun.

Hah, i'd totally wear a "Simba didnt tap" shirt. Unless you count running away for a decade and hiding in the jungle like a bitch whilst your family gets owned as 'tapping'.

Cool story. Also, why do people in the US (assuming you come from there) on this grappling forum know everyone else's weight? Is this due to the highschool wrestling background or something? I seriously couldn't tell if a guy weighs 80kg or 90kg when I roll with him, let alone a specific weight such as 208lbs.

US is very number focused. Having moved here its just a cultural difference. Watch ESPN for a day and your head spins!

Probably. Or maybe we need some serious mods in here to clean this grappling forum up a bit. New threads should only be started if there is relevant information to be discussed over, such as certain moves/techniques, sports, schools, competitors etc.

New all encompassing threads such as:
>Noob questions here
>Upcoming local/world wide competition talk here
>Grappling stories here

These alone would clear up alot of unnecessary threads in this forum. Also a more comprehensive FAQ would help, but then again that requires serious work so...meh.

You got my vote for the next free volunteer mod for the F12.

Cool story. Also, why do people in the US (assuming you come from there) on this grappling forum know everyone else's weight? Is this due to the highschool wrestling background or something? I seriously couldn't tell if a guy weighs 80kg or 90kg when I roll with him, let alone a specific weight such as 208lbs.

I am from Spain but I live and train in Germany for more than 5 years now. In my school knowing the weight of the other guys is normal.
I wrote the weight in pounds instead of kg because this an american forum and I did not wanted to confuse anyone.

And yeah, the guy I tapped hasn't sparred for like 2 months, but considering how bad I did against him before I was really happy when I got him.

Well, I'm sorry if a thread like this does not belong here. I thought this grappling forum is a place to share training experiences and so on.

Thx to your guys for the replies

I am from Spain but I live and train in Germany for more than 5 years now. In my school knowing the weight of the other guys is normal.
I wrote the weight in pounds instead of kg because this an american forum and I did not wanted to confuse anyone.

And yeah, the guy I tapped hasn't sparred for like 2 months, but considering how bad I did against him before I was really happy when I got him.

Well, I'm sorry if a thread like this does not belong here. I thought this grappling forum is a place to share training experiences and so on.

Thx to your guys for the replies

You are in the right forum and do not worry about the trolls. you are doing fine.

You are in the right forum and do not worry about the trolls. you are doing fine.
I enjoy reading these sorts of threads.

I'm more interested in these threads than threads about political BS in BJJ or fantasy match-ups or such.

Threads don't always have to be momentous either - I think these sorts of small victories or frustrations are great to share. People who actually train instead of watching the UFC know how gratifying these little victories can be.

I think we're all grapplers and should be supporting and encouraging each other, not trying to shoot each other down to score "pwnage" points. The exception, of course, are the obvious idiots and trolls.

Keep training and keep sharing, mate.

I had a training partner that was same height as me, 6'3" or 6'4", but had about 80-90 lbs on me. And he was a power lifter, not a fatty. I tapped him 3 times.:icon_chee He tapped me about a thousand times!:redface:

I enjoy reading these sorts of threads.

I'm more interested in these threads than threads about political BS in BJJ or fantasy match-ups or such.

Threads don't always have to be momentous either - I think these sorts of small victories or frustrations are great to share. People who actually train instead of watching the UFC know how gratifying these little victories can be.

I think we're all grapplers and should be supporting and encouraging each other, not trying to shoot each other down to score "pwnage" points. The exception, of course, are the obvious idiots and trolls.

Keep training and keep sharing, mate.

Perfectly stated. Cheers, mate.:D

Congrats to the TS.

I'm typically one of the bigger guys in my academy (235 lbs) so I have few stories of me tapping anybody that significantly outweighs me but I did tap out a 340 lbs 3-stripe white belt a few months ago. He had just moved to the state so he didn't get his stripe's from our school but during a 5 minute round a tapped him twice.

I rarely get to feel the sensation of submitting anybody significantly bigger than me but that one time it was really cool.

Although at first it's absolutely demoralising to have these guys on top of you and be able to do nothing, when you DO finally tap them, it's the best feeling in the world.

(64kg and the lightest at the school)

grats on the Tap man. I'm in about the same situation. Ive found with bigger guys always search for the sweeps and submitting from the top is much easier

It always feels good to get someone who outweighs you by that much. About 2 months ago I tapped a 240lb guy (I weigh 155) twice when we were rolling after class (he's a 4 stripe white belt, I was a blue belt without any stripes at the time, have one now). Both with triangles...once from guard, once from mount.

He's been working his ass off though and I haven't tapped him since.

Damn dude, your e-peen is huge now! And that's awesome that as a blue belt you not only brag about tapping peep but also admit to pulling on your foot!

Btw because tonight is braggadocios night, during our half guard escape/pass drills, I lapel choked ( from the bottom) a guy who is at least 100lbs heavier than me and almost a foot taller. Just thought I would share how awesome I am in practice

I once tapped a guy 65 lbs lighter than me :)

I tapped a guy probably 100 pounds lighter then me by pin:D. Felt bad for him thou because his coach chewed him out:icon_neut

sorry guys to have to break this to you but we big dudes often LET you tap us and "play nice" because otherwise neither would get anything out from rolling. If the size difference is big and the big dude is not a total n00b he can smash his way to a kimura or choke

You roll to learn not win

Back