"TapouT" Doesn't Care

I hate Tapout more than probably anyone. Search my posts for proof.

However, I fail to see the issue here. Tapout, at most, can be blamed for having a rude customer service rep.

But any bad press for Tapout is a good thing in my book, so carry on.

Let me clarify several issues.

First, I contacted TapouT because Evan's father is a fight fan. I had hoped they would help support a member of the mixed martial arts community in need.

Second, I was prepared for their rejection. I honestly wasn't expecting much from a company that promotes itself as "Bad For The Sport," despite their CEO's goal to transform TapouT into a multi-billion dollar company. It was HOW the issue was addressed that bothers me.

The fact TapouT's receptionist refused to tell me who to even address a letter to is extremely unprofessional. Once again, I'm NOT bothered by the rejection itself. I'm offended by the receptionist's attitude. I realize the woman may not be in a position of authority but she is a representative of TapouT. She provides the company's first impression to potential business associates.

Our parents always said it was important to make a good first impression because it can never be erased of relived. Unfortunately, my first experience with TapouT wasn't good and will be remembered.

Let me clarify several issues.

First, I contacted TapouT because Evan's father is a fight fan. I had hoped they would help support a member of the mixed martial arts community in need.

Second, I was prepared for their rejection. I honestly wasn't expecting much from a company that promotes itself as "Bad For The Sport," despite their CEO's goal to transform TapouT into a multi-billion dollar company. It was HOW the issue was addressed that bothers me.

The fact TapouT's receptionist refused to tell me who to even address a letter to is extremely unprofessional. Once again, I'm NOT bothered by the rejection itself. I'm offended by the receptionist's attitude. I realize the woman may not be in a position of authority but she is a representative of TapouT. She provides the company's first impression to potential business associates.

Our parents always said it was important to make a good first impression because it can never be erased of relived. Unfortunately, my first experience with TapouT wasn't good and will be remembered.

dude, she told you to use the general email what are you talking about

i don't care for the image that tapout puts out. but its just marketing to stand out from the others... but i will say their customer service is awsome, they warrantyed a pair of 6 month old shorts for me once with no problems.

maybe she thought it was a scam or something, they have those you know?

Considering every customer comment or complaint is sent to that single email address, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask who should be addressed to make sure my message reaches the right person. After all, any corporation that aspires to become a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate would have several levels of leadership, each with their own contact information.

Maybe you should just try the e-mail, like the lady suggested. Maybe she was having a bad day, maybe she not qualified to answer those types of question, or maybe she didn't care. I also don't see how an mma company necessary has to do anything with saving a persons life or why you would choose them. You also say you have and now never will give your money to tapout. So if your not supporting them, why would you ask to be supported in return. Im not trying to hate on you at all just giving you a different view of the situation. I think you have the right direction with the golf scramble. Maybe try to organize a fun run. I wish the best for the boy in need.

I've used that address a few times before, each time it's taken a few days, but I got back a professional, informed response.

While asking for a name to put on the email is reasonable, I hardly think not being given a name constitutes a company "not caring". This was a "cold call" looking for donations. It may very well be the company policy not to give out names to people who cold call, or the receptionist may not have known who would handle such a donation. If I were you, before I posted publicly that a company did not care about a little boy's illness, I'd at least go through the channels they indicated were appropriate. There's a big difference between being apathetic to a child's illness and not giving somebody a name to put atop an email.

Considering every customer comment or complaint is sent to that single email address, I don't think it's unreasonable to ask who should be addressed to make sure my message reaches the right person. After all, any corporation that aspires to become a multi-billion-dollar conglomerate would have several levels of leadership, each with their own contact information.

once again.... the problem is you not them, get off your high horse and go through the proper channels and see what surfaces. who are you to tell them how to run their buisness???

why don't you quit bitching and trying to drag their name through the mud, and do what the lady told you to and try to use the general email, had you done that instead of wasting your time on a web forum full of fucking idiots (sorry but sherdog is running rampant with morons) you probably would have gotten a responce by now. but as stated before if i were tapout and i read this trash i wouldn't give you a penny.

why don't you quit bitching and trying to drag their name through the mud

They do that themselves.

, and do what the lady told you to and try to use the general email, had you done that instead of wasting your time on a web forum full of fucking idiots (sorry but sherdog is running rampant with morons)
pot, meet kettle.
you probably would have gotten a responce by now. but as stated before if i were tapout and i read this trash i wouldn't give you a penny.

And you're calling him an idiot? Please have a cup of shut the fuck up. My problem with the TS' post is that he lopped it all on the company. I despise tapouts marketing, but that's how THEY run THEIR company. People need to learn to speak with their wallets and not their mouths, don't like tapout? Don't buy. Not everyone's charitable, can't expect people to help no matter how good your cause is, this is hardly unique to Tapout. I would spend my time looking at other sponsors than wasting it ranting about Sherdog(not a flame to the TS, just telling him to prioritize the kid in this situation, not his personal feelings about Tapout.)

Yea I don't think it was really unreasonable on their part. I know family friends who have owned small companies and you won't believe some of the crap people pull to try and get free stuff. Maybe they thought you were one of those people.

^Agreed 100%, There's so many people running game and scams out there it's unreal, like the embarrassing incident with the Jena 6 spending their money for their defense fund on "bling" -_-. People will do ANYTHING or take advantage of any chance for generosity, so you honestly can't blame them for being wary.

i don't care for the image that tapout puts out. but its just marketing to stand out from the others... but i will say their customer service is awsome, they warrantyed a pair of 6 month old shorts for me once with no problems.

once again.... the problem is you not them, get off your high horse and go through the proper channels and see what surfaces. who are you to tell them how to run their buisness???

why don't you quit bitching and trying to drag their name through the mud, and do what the lady told you to and try to use the general email, had you done that instead of wasting your time on a web forum full of fucking idiots (sorry but sherdog is running rampant with morons) you probably would have gotten a responce by now. but as stated before if i were tapout and i read this trash i wouldn't give you a penny.

Oh, the irony.

Truth is no one gives a shit, and don't forget there are millions of starving children out there as well. It's just not possible to accomodate everyone. That's life. Also to the fucktard above me, are you trying to mock his grammar and spelling? That's pretty pathetic, probably poor trash anyway.

Truth is no one gives a shit, and don't forget there are millions of starving children out there as well. It's just not possible to accomodate everyone. That's life. Also to the fucktard above me, are you trying to mock his grammar and spelling? That's pretty pathetic, probably poor trash anyway.

That's what I was doing. Boy, you catch on quick.

If I were in charge of Tapout, I'd threaten you w/ a slander suit.

No one gives a shit? Class act you are

A customer service's bad service shouldn't effect your whole view on a brand. You should try again, (be persistent) and if FINALLY you don't get any further info, and get the same bad service, THAN make judgement, but from what I read, the judgement is a little premature.

I know when I answer the phone, I'm eager to help every solicitor that calls me asking for money.

thats a shame.....and makes me proud i dont wear tapout

Back