"TapouT" Doesn't Care

Heavyweight

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Before you read any further, know that I understand G&E is not the place for rants, raves, and disgruntled feelings. Regardless, the following complaint is G&E related. I also consider G&E my favorite forum on Sherdog. Now, onto my anger and disappointment.

I've been working very diligently over the last week to help put together a charity auction in conjunction to a charity golf scramble for a very sick little boy living in Michigan. Whenever I've been able to directly speak to any organization I hope could help, the results have been largely positive. Emails sent to organizations without an openly listed phone number have not yielded any response so far but there's nothing more I can do about them.

The Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, Michigan State University, The Player Foundation (created by PGA star Gary Player), WWE, and Triumph United have all said they'll contribute to help raise money. The University of Michigan, Zinkin Entertainment (the fight managers of Chuck Liddell and Forest Griffin), and Rashad Evan's manager have all said they'll see if there's anything they can do. I haven't actually received any pledged auction items yet, but I'm not worried. It's only been a week and the charity auction isn't until June 7th.

Enter TapouT. I called their headquarters directly yesterday. When I asked if they had a media or public relations office, the nameless voice on the other side of the phone said they did but wanted to know why I was calling. I told her I was trying to organize a charity auction for a very sick five-year-old boy and would like to discuss the details with someone. The woman then refused to transfer my call. She instead suggested I send my information to TapouT's generic customer service email. When I asked who I should address my email to, to make sure it reached the right person, the woman hurriedly told me once again to just use the generic customer service address.

I didn't bother to send that email. The TapouT representative's attitude showed me the company doesn't care about helping dying children. I was never even given the chance to explain how big a difference TapouT could have made in five-year-old Evan McGee's life. How doctors doubted Evan would live past two. Why his father's coworkers established the charity golf scramble to pay for Evan's therapy. Why every cent raised from the scramble goes to Evan's therapy, despite the fact his dad has recurring cancer and his mother suffers from the degenerative disease Fibromyalgia. TapouT doesn't want to know.

If TapouT had simply said they weren't interested in a charity auction, I would respect their decision. I'm bothered by the fact the woman who answered the phone tried to blow me off.

On a very personal note, I'm actually very satisfied knowing I've never given TapouT my financial support. I've never owned anything made by TapouT and I certainly don't plan on changing that. TapouT isn't just "Bad For The Sport," they're also bad people.

I guess they take "American Arrogance" to heart.

I wouldn't be quick to judge the entire company based on the receptionists attitude though. Try sending the email and see what kind of response you get(if you do get one). Hey I'd be up for donating some money via Paypal if something get's setup.

I guess they take "American Arrogance" to heart.

I wouldn't be quick to judge the entire company based on the receptionists attitude though. Try sending the email and see what kind of response you get(if you do get one). Hey I'd be up for donating some money via Paypal if something get's setup.

If anyone would care to help, there's additional information available at ForeEvan.com (http://foreevan.com/makeADonation.html).

I'd also like to thank Ryan from Triumph United once again, because I know G&E is such a close knit community,

First off, I'm so sorry to hear about Evan. Stuff like that makes most of our day to day struggles seem really petty and trivial. I wish him a miraculous recovery and my thoughts will be with him and his family.

That's unfortunate that a Tapout representative responded in that manner. Keep your head up though as there are lots of good people out there, like John from MMAStop, who are willing to help out.

I wouldn't be so quick to hate on an entire company because of one person that you spoke to. Of course this woman sounds like a bitch but you never know the circumstances of the situation. Maybe she was having a shit day or whatever. I don't know I would just recommend that you try to call them again and hopefully you will get a better person. People are way to quick to judge.

Give it another shot man. If you get the same response then it may be a lost cause. But hopefully a company that makes as much money as TapouT will have better customer service.

Best of luck.

This is when catch lines like "Bad For the Sport" cease to be funny.

Oh, no, wait. It was never funny.

Thats a shitty deal, but if I were you I'd call them back and try again. You might have better luck with another customer service rep and if not well there's a thousand other companies out there that would probably love to help out. Smaller companies are usually more inclined to help out as they do not have a huge following of people and will be more likely to want to put their name out there and help out a good cause to spread some word of mouth advertising. Companies liked Tapout that already have the poser market doesn't need to get their name out there as they already have captured the minds and wallets of the idiots. Just a thought; try e-mailing Piranha Gear (www.piranhagear.com) they're a small-ish company but I've ordered a majority of my equipment through them and they seem to have really nice customer service people. They might be able to help you out.

I forwarded the link to this thread to Tapout, hopefully they will see it and be willing to help Evan out.

I forwarded the link to this thread to Tapout, hopefully they will see it and be willing to help Evan out.

Just read through the thread and was thinking the same thing...glad you did it first...

Ok, so an update:

I e-mailed the link for this thread to Tapout and I recieved an e-mail back from Alexis in customer service who said she was going to forward it to upper management. It was very nice of her to respond and hopefully this will result in something positive for both the TS and Evan.

It's not the job of a clothing company to give money to anyone who calls them on the phone with a sad story. Now you are guilt tripping them on the internet lol come on.

It's not the job of a clothing company to give money to anyone who calls them on the phone with a sad story. Now you are guilt tripping them on the internet lol come on.

It has nothing to do with that. IF they don't want to donate, fine. No big deal. It's just the manner this occurred. If they said 'Sorry, we won't be interested' then it wouldn't have been an issue.

It has nothing to do with that. IF they don't want to donate, fine. No big deal. It's just the manner this occurred. If they said 'Sorry, we won't be interested' then it wouldn't have been an issue.

Trying to explain professionalism to Sherdog isn't going to work.

No, they can just reply and say "no" politely.

Inyaface, 5 year old boy!

INYAFACE!

Before you read any further, know that I understand G&E is not the place for rants, raves, and disgruntled feelings. Regardless, the following complaint is G&E related. I also consider G&E my favorite forum on Sherdog. Now, onto my anger and disappointment.

I've been working very diligently over the last week to help put together a charity auction in conjunction to a charity golf scramble for a very sick little boy living in Michigan. Whenever I've been able to directly speak to any organization I hope could help, the results have been largely positive. Emails sent to organizations without an openly listed phone number have not yielded any response so far but there's nothing more I can do about them.

The Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, Michigan State University, The Player Foundation (created by PGA star Gary Player), WWE, and Triumph United have all said they'll contribute to help raise money. The University of Michigan, Zinkin Entertainment (the fight managers of Chuck Liddell and Forest Griffin), and Rashad Evan's manager have all said they'll see if there's anything they can do. I haven't actually received any pledged auction items yet, but I'm not worried. It's only been a week and the charity auction isn't until June 7th.

Enter TapouT. I called their headquarters directly yesterday. When I asked if they had a media or public relations office, the nameless voice on the other side of the phone said they did but wanted to know why I was calling. I told her I was trying to organize a charity auction for a very sick five-year-old boy and would like to discuss the details with someone. The woman then refused to transfer my call. She instead suggested I send my information to TapouT's generic customer service email. When I asked who I should address my email to, to make sure it reached the right person, the woman hurriedly told me once again to just use the generic customer service address.

I didn't bother to send that email. The TapouT representative's attitude showed me the company doesn't care about helping dying children. I was never even given the chance to explain how big a difference TapouT could have made in five-year-old Evan McGee's life. How doctors doubted Evan would live past two. Why his father's coworkers established the charity golf scramble to pay for Evan's therapy. Why every cent raised from the scramble goes to Evan's therapy, despite the fact his dad has recurring cancer and his mother suffers from the degenerative disease Fibromyalgia. TapouT doesn't want to know.

If TapouT had simply said they weren't interested in a charity auction, I would respect their decision. I'm bothered by the fact the woman who answered the phone tried to blow me off.

On a very personal note, I'm actually very satisfied knowing I've never given TapouT my financial support. I've never owned anything made by TapouT and I certainly don't plan on changing that. TapouT isn't just "Bad For The Sport," they're also bad people.

so because they wanted you to go through the proper channels to reach someone that could possibly help your situation, you now label them as child haters??

even if you did reach the right person and they still did not want to help you, that still doesn't classify them as child haters, or people who don't care. your the one begging for money for whatever the cause is, if someone wants to help then great thats awsome, but if someone declines that is there choice and it doesn't make any difference. you have no idea what there situation is, they may or may not already have charitable obligations who knows. the worst part is they never even said they would or would not help you, sounds to me like you need to get off your high horse and email them like anyone else would, and see what there responce is.

why are you calling tapout anyway? its obvious that you don't like there company and said you've never spent money with them. why don't you contact burger king and see if they will help you out. do you think your the only person calling them and looking for a handout?? probably happenes all the time. if i ran tapout and i saw this thread i wouldn't give you one red cent, now had you handled this professionally then it would be a different story

Back