Taking a non-grappler down is easy

Aeilegs

White Belt
Reaction score
There was this guy with a bit of an attitude recently. So naturally, I took him down. It was ridiculously easy. I used a foot sweep without putting much effort into it, and was quite surprised it actually worked.

Unimaginably easy... If you've ever done this before then you'll know what I'm talking about. Who's tried it? :icon_conf

i am surprised that the best thread of 2012 happened so late in the year, bravo sir, bravo

try taking a non grappler down (like a rugby player).

No, I usually spend my time using my training on beating up children and bragging about that.

i rolled with chris cooper, former defensive lineman for the Raiders and he was one of the toughest people who ive ever tried to take down. hes a non grappler

I suppose they're easy to sub as well?

i once just looked at a non grappler and he fell over.

Get this, bros, beginners are mostly expecting you to dominate them, but to do it in a technical manner so as not to be rude.

Grappling is a lot about having "sense" of where your body weight is and how it's distributed. Untrained people don't know where to place their hands nor hips in a grappling situation.

To illustrate, Olympic caliber athletes look at recreational players the same way. That is the discrepancy in skill.

try taking down somone who is 6 ft 8 600 pounds with tons of fat. That would be extremely hard (regardless if they have grappling exp. or not).

try taking down somone who is 6 ft 8 600 pounds with tons of fat. That would be extremely hard (regardless if they have grappling exp. or not).

Taking down really big guys isn't very hard, as long as you get them moving first.

If you place a Big Mac just outside of arm's reach on either side of him, the sporadic and instant shifting of weight would cause his knees to give out and allow him to fall to the floor, more often than not.

Back