Media Tai 'Bam Bam' Tuivasa Kindly Tells Suredawggers to Shut Up.

Yeah he is gonna keep reading them and people are not gonna shut their mouth no matter how vehemently he tells fans to shut up. Its the weirdest thing to get mad at people who lack knowledge of something they enjoy they are still gonna have an opinion and want to voice them and you should be happy about it. No opinions=your out of a job. If you asked those people if Tai is suppose to listen to their opinion they would probably even be thats insane.

That opinion is valid actually. He probably not listening to much of his coaches suggestions since he has shown very minimal improvement. Listen to the fan or stay irrelevant

I thought it was valid too ha ha, I guess Tai hates me too!

Well, he was a lot more polite about it than Mark Hunt would have been

He doesn't seem that bright and his t-rex arms get him in a lot of trouble like Cody Garbrandt

mveHiP.gif

He signed up for social media, chose to become a celebrity and made his IG comments public. It’s absolutely fair game to receive both positive and negative comments.

Social Media isn’t real life. He wants all the perks of social media without the negatives but then instead of stomaching the bad parts he resorts to outright bullying.

Compare the fans comment to his post and his bullying. He took it from 1 to 100.

And the guy, who criticized Tai, chose to make his own account and use it to post some really pretentious BS at a celebrity or at least in his comments. Don't cry bully if that celebrity responds and it gets a lot of tracktion because he is a celebrity

And funny that you say it isn't real life.. so that should diminish that users comment somehow? But doesn't Tai's supposed bullying?

His loss. Tuivasa would already be the champ if he listened to what the fight geniuses at Sherdog have to say…

When Jones was fighting Gane, I remember yelling at my TV set to Jones to take Gane to the floor. You know what happened? Jones listened and became a heavyweight champion.

Tuivasa did incredibly well for a guy with his skillset. He uses the best equalizer he has with his power. I can't believe he made it to the top 5. I don't have any delusions he's going to suddenly get top tier wrestling or striking skills. He has his power and uses it the best he can. HW is weird where he can get 3 KO's in a row and be champ if he got lucky enough.

And the guy, who criticized Tai, chose to make his own account and use it to post some really pretentious BS at a celebrity or at least in his comments. Don't cry bully if that celebrity responds and it gets a lot of tracktion because he is a celebrity

And funny that you say it isn't real life.. so that should diminish that users comment somehow? But doesn't Tai's supposed bullying?

Bro you don’t see the difference in their actions?

It’s like if I hit you on the arm and you turn around and hit me in the face

Bro you don’t see the difference in their actions?

It’s like if I hit you on the arm and you turn around and hit me in the face

It's a very silly video and a truthful but frustrated statement about what he has to deal with when it comes to MMA fans. The worst thing is the exposure it will get due to Tai being relatively famous.

But if the dude had a problem with the exposure a negative response would get, maybe don't tell a famous fighter how to do his job in the comments of his social media.

It's like poking a bear and getting mad at the disproportionate force, to your own, that he hits you back with. Don't want to get hit by a bear? Don't poke it.

Last edited:
It's a very silly video and a truthful but frustrated statement about what he has to deal with when it comes to MMA fans. The worst thing is the exposure it will get due to Tai being relatively famous.

But if the dude had a problem with the exposure a negative response would get, maybe don't tell a famous fighter how to do his job in the comments of his social media.

It's like poking a bear, and getting mad at the disproportionate force, to your own, that he hits you back with. Don't want to get hit by a bear? Don't poke it.

So you cool with wife beaters? Lol

Here I thought you might be an actual rational poster. Seems I was wrong.

Where's the rational thought in 'Don't want to get hit by a bear? Don't poke it'?

Sounds like what an unhinged man says before letting his emotions get the best of him.

Don't try to hide your ridiculous takes behind that cool looking avatar.

Another pro athlete more concerned with fan opinions? Why do they maintain these public accounts if they can't accept the bad with the good? It's not even bad here, just people's opinions on what he needs to improve. I'm sure even Ohtani gets batting tips on Instagram from 70 year olds who had their Al Bundy game in high school. Worse to publicly acknowledge that it's getting to you.

Where's the rational thought in 'Don't want to get hit by a bear? Don't poke it'?

Sounds like what an unhinged man says before letting his emotions get the best of him.

Don't try to hide your ridiculous takes behind that cool looking avatar.

Now, make a rational argument, instead of "it sounds like.."

And my rational thought is that it's a metaphor. Metaphors are used since time immemorial. You having some kind of emotional association with it that makes it "sound" a certain way is just you projecting whatever emotions onto it. It has nothing to do with what I said or with the message I am trying to convey.

But if I really have to be pedantic about it and spell it out...

The force of the bear being disproportionately larger, than that of a human, is a parallel to the attention a nobody will get when responding to something on social media, compared to that of a celebrity who would be the proverbial bear. Like I said before, if you have a problem with the attention it gets, which you alluded to being disproportionate, that's just in the nature of contacting a celebrity. That is what that person himself chose to do it's their responsibility. He chose to be disrespectful towards a person who if they would respond back, it would automatically mean it would get a lot of attention.

And the message wasn't over the top either, and the video was just straight up silly, but conveyed the emotion that disrespectful fans bring out of fighters. Or any other person for that matter, nobody likes to be disrespected.

You're just soft as fuck calling it bullying and you show no character trying to defend the entitled behavior of fans that have no idea how to approach a fighter respectfully.

You liking my metaphor that was clearly used to demonstrate the difference of attention it would grab to wife beating is either really disengenous or just really poorly thought out (irrational). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was the latter, though.

Last edited:

This is pussy shit, fighter or not. It's like a Psychologist stating some opinion and a person challenges it with logic and their response is "I'm a psychologist, you're wrong" instead of actually making a valid argument and explaining shit. I'm tired of fans sympathizing with moronic shit fighters say just because they're fighters.

Obviously it's easy to armchair quarterback and have opinions, it's a lot easier to identify problems than to work on them and it's a lot easier to work on them than it is to actualize improvement in real time vs an opponent in a fight. But he's probably making an argument from authority because there was some truth that struck a nerve.

This is pussy shit, fighter or not. It's like a Psychologist stating some opinion and a person challenges it with logic and their response is "I'm a psychologist, you're wrong" instead of actually making a valid argument and explaining shit. I'm tired of fans sympathizing with moronic shit fighters say just because they're fighters.

Obviously it's easy to armchair quarterback and have opinions, it's a lot easier to identify problems than to work on them and it's a lot easier to work on them than it is to actualize improvement in real time vs an opponent in a fight. But he's probably making an argument from authority because there was some truth that struck a nerve.

Bruh, the tweet is pretty retarded as far as advice or analyses go. It's extremely surface level and very self-congratulatory, throwing out basic conceps one after another without actually applying them to Tuivasa's game.

It's not like a fan can't have a legit opinion, but a pro will likely be able to build that opinion into something actually useable and bring it in a respectful (though possibly still a no nonsense) way. This comes painfully close to just saying" hey man, you gotta improve!" No shit... Great advice!

I get that it can come off as a authority fallacy, but I don't think it applies in the way Tai likely means it.

Last edited:
Bruh, the tweet is pretty retarded as far as advice or analyses go. It's extremely surface level and very self-congratulatory, throwing out basic conceps one after another without actually applying them to Tuivasa's game.

It's not like a fan can't have a legit opinion, but a pro will likely be able to build that opinion into something actually useable and bring it in a respectful (though possibly still a no nonsense) way. This comes painfully close to just saying" hey man, you gotta improve!" No shit... Great advice!

I get that it can come off as a authority fallacy, but I don't think it applies in the way Tai likely means it.

I didn't read the critique, just Tais argument, guilty as charged.

Now, make a rational argument, instead of "it sounds like.."

And my rational thought is that it's a metaphor. Metaphors are used since time immemorial. You having some kind of emotional association with it that makes it "sound" a certain way is just you projecting whatever emotions onto it. It has nothing to do with what I said or with the message I am trying to convey.

But if I really have to be pedantic about it and spell it out...

The force of the bear being disproportionately larger, than that of a human, is a parallel to the attention a nobody will get when responding to something on social media, compared to that of a celebrity who would be the proverbial bear. Like I said before, if you have a problem with the attention it gets, which you alluded to being disproportionate, that's just in the nature of contacting a celebrity. That is what that person himself chose to do it's their responsibility. He chose to be disrespectful towards a person who if they would respond back, it would automatically mean it would get a lot of attention.

And the message wasn't over the top either, and the video was just straight up silly, but conveyed the emotion that disrespectful fans bring out of fighters. Or any other person for that matter, nobody likes to be disrespected.

You're just soft as fuck calling it bullying and you show no character trying to defend the entitled behavior of fans that have no idea how to approach a fighter respectfully.

You liking my metaphor that was clearly used to demonstrate the difference of attention it would grab to wife beating is either really disengenous or just really poorly thought out (irrational). I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say it was the latter, though.

Blah blah blah… I like to take advantage of others when they are weaker

That’s all I hear from you

Back