T.J. Dillashaw KO Cody Garbrandt Gifs

I hope you're not serious.

Cody got concussed over and over tonight...

A 1 punch KO would have been much better for his brain than the beatdown he took tonight.

Hope I’m not serious about what?

Yeah I completely agree Cody got beat down. And it’ll keep happening if he doesn’t clean up his defense.

ScalyWideeyedAntbear-size_restricted.gif

This is the part where Cody lost the fight in my opinion. He was nailed by the exact same punch three times in a row and he did nothing to change things up. Like WTF :D After that he was not the same fighter anymore and the end draw near.

TJ throws the exact same right hand 3 times until he drops Cody

TJ throws the exact same right hand 3 times until he drops Cody

It does appear that when Cody is in a war, he’s used to doing the KO-ing and forgets defense. 99/100 that will work for him. The problem is that he’s now facing world class fighters. To get clocked by that right 3 times in a row is something he’ll be pissed at himself for.

Hope I’m not serious about what?

Yeah I completely agree Cody got beat down. And it’ll keep happening if he doesn’t clean up his defense.

About those punches not hurting Cody.

He got his brains absolutely scrambled.

Long term, this fight will do him no services.

About those punches not hurting Cody.

He got his brains absolutely scrambled.

Long term, this fight will do him no services.

Never said they didn’t... maybe you’re quoting the wrong guy?

Those pitty patty shots didn't hurt cody

I hope you're not serious.

Cody got concussed over and over tonight...

A 1 punch KO would have been much better for his brain than the beatdown he took tonight.

Early stoppage.

And jesus christ people, how in holy hell, can there ever be a knock out when the guy is still standing?

He was clearly rocked. Thats all.

Early stoppage.

And jesus christ people, how in holy hell, can there ever be a knock out when the guy is still standing?

He was clearly rocked. Thats all.
He wasn't defending himself at all and was wobbly as hell.Did you want Cody to get a brain damage?

He wasn't defending himself at all and was wobbly as hell.Did you want Cody to get a brain damage?
I dont want them to get anything, but that is none of my business. Theyre fighters and chose this career.

I dont want them to get anything, but that is none of my business. Theyre fighters and chose this career.
And referees' job is to save fighters from getting further brain damage

I feel like I need to go back and watch the Cruz fight again. I felt the same way as you, that Garbrandt impressed me, but then I start wondering since that's really about the only big win on his resume (the Almedia win is looking less and less). Did Garbrandt really look good, or was something off with Cruz?
I think Cody KOd T.J. in sparring and hurt him early in both fights, so he has it in his head that T.J. is a quick finish. With Dom, he just had the patience to win a decision. He respects Dom and not T.J. and that lack of respect cost him both fights

TJ managed to put two beatings in Cody and Barão. Two top guys that he basically shut down. Nowhere to go.

Back