T.J. Dillashaw KO Cody Garbrandt Gifs

i got a feeling that people who think the fight was stopped early has never seen curran beatdown warren..

curran1.gif

Cody fell for the same exact right hand 3 times and you guys called this guy a good boxer?

I feel like I need to go back and watch the Cruz fight again. I felt the same way as you, that Garbrandt impressed me, but then I start wondering since that's really about the only big win on his resume (the Almedia win is looking less and less). Did Garbrandt really look good, or was something off with Cruz?

I agree that his win over Almeida isn't as impressive as it seemed to be at the time. But Garbrandt was still so sharp in that fight, and he didn't brawl with the Brazilian. The way he hurt him and stepped to the side after landing his punch in the finishing sequence was beautiful. Good boxers don't stay in the pocket and admire their own work. Garbrandt certainly looked fantastic against Cruz, but I believe he tricked the old champion into swinging more wildly than usual. Cruz fought with emotion in that fight for sure, which is something we've never seen, while Garbrandt remained cold as ice. This is the reason why I thought he would beat Dillashaw before both fights. But, this was probably more of a grudge match for Garbrandt, and he just couldn't handle that. The UFC should not have made an immediate rematch, because now this chapter seems closed. Garbrandt never defended his belt, and the rivalry could have simmered for some time to make the rematch even bigger. The division had so many contenders, and Garbrandt is so young, so it's really a shame that he's got nowhere to go right now. This was the big fear coming into the fight. Two losses to the reigning champion is just hard to do anything about.

If he was a good boxer he would be fighting in Boxing and not MMA dude lmfao.
I wouldn’t even call him a good boxer for mma standards let’s not even talk about real boxing. All he does is spam hooks. He gets away with it more times than not because of his speed and power.

good fight
too bad Cody lost like that, every neuron on that a.b. normal brain counts

man... TJ is one violent midget.
Not only finishes them.. but finishes their careers.

As a recently retired boxer, that is some piss poor boxing by Cody. Squishes his hands together right before he loads up and head on the center line and chin up. Easy target for the champ and slips to left to avoid any serious damage. Text book

Its like hes baseballer swinging for a home run.

Back