Swimming

LCDforMe

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well guys, I decided that I need to be doing a little swimming on the side. I went the other day for the first time in nearly 2 years since I actually swam laps. I did like 3 laps and almost drowned.

Do you guys have any reccomendations on how to build up on my swimming? It's a hell of a workout but I just can't go very long wihtout having to stop and rest.

Thanks in advance.

Swim the length of the pool and take a minute breather. Keep doing that until you feel comfortable. Find a breathing rhythm that works for you. And remember, smooth is fast. Nothing to be ashamed of in taking a refresher course with a masters team.

I posted some long responses about swimming int he last two weeks in the conditioning forum. You can search them or just look through the next couple pages.

Basically, just keep at it and it will improve. Rest if you need to. If you need to go one length of the pool at a time, and rest in between each one, do that. You will still improve with doing this. After a short time, you should be able to then do 2 lengths at a time, then 3, then 4, and it will get easier. Also, work on a good rythm and stroke so you are not thrashing about and wasting tons of energy. Smooth and easy, graceful, not choppy and splashy.

Just keep at it and it will get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back