Swimming same effect as running

Swimming works your WHOLE body or at the very least most of it. It is not at all limited to the upper body. You could argue running takes arm strength so that's up in the air.
QUOTE]
Hence the word MORE in my sentence. Swimming is MORE of an upperbody workout then leg workout. From your core up you will definitly get a workout from swimming.

You don't use your legs while you swim? Legs as well as arms are in constant motion.

I think running is better, not only does it help your cardio but it also toughens you up and increases your willpower.

I swim 5 days a week on my lunch hour. Not only great for boosting cardio, it's low-impact, saving wear and tear on your knees, hips and feet.

Try treading water for 15 minutes while wearing flippers. Just like jogging.

I think running is better, not only does it help your cardio but it also toughens you up and increases your willpower.

It depends. It usually takes me half a day to convince myself to bring my ass to the pool. On the other hand I have no problem geting out of bed, put my running shoes on and go out while I'm still half asleep.

I personally try to mix it up between swimming, sprinting and distance running.

Just because you are a Tour de France winner (a la Lance Armstrong), doesn't mean you are going to jump in and kick ass in a marathon (like he tried).

Different body mechanics.

Back