Swanson is gonna light Gracie up

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not usually one for a pre card hot take thread however I think this is justified.

Gracie has average offensive wrestling and his TDs from clinch are meh. Obviously he is lightyears on the ground and could sub Cub relatively easily if it gets there... Me no think it will.
Cub has very diverse striking so as long as he keeps this standing he could finish Gracie, although probably wins a wide decision instead - cause if he rocks him I doubt he follows him down.

Also fuck the UFC if this isn't the main event.

I hope so!!!! The UFC tend to be constantly booking these style of up and comers for Cub as opposed to say a style like Choi (which we know would really challenge them) and it's been kinda frustrating.

You've probably also heard about how many of the schools refused to train Cub for the build up of this fight because he is fighting a Gracie which is annoying, there's been a lot of hurdles in this camp for Cub but he's pretty much kept his head down, got on with it and trained well.

And he's looking good with his training too despite this.

Nothing against Gracie, it could be any opponent but I hope Cub gets the win here, cause he deserves it and then the UFC need to finally book him with a fighter we know he will smash and bring a great fight with.

In fact he's said about this fight coming up his training can be a little boring at times cause he's got to be more technical with this where as when a fighter is unpredictable they can go in and smash and have fun, which as we know Cub smashes these fights too.

UFC posted this earlier (it's co main by the way is this fight).

You might find this interesting, if you've got Fight Pass it's worth watching the full interview on this, it's brilliant (and he talks more about the training thing).

tumblr_n8by7s6loc1qzbqw1o1_500.gif

Cub has lost 4 straight.
He either doesn’t give a shit or he’s way past it.

Gracie probably subs him, but I would love to see Cub win by KO/TKO, and then retire.

Cub gets subbed by everyone these days. If it hits the ground he's screwed here.

dont sleep on Kron. He looks smart and is at his peak. I can see him subing Cub.

Fuck Casper Gomez and fuck the fucking Gracie Family I hope Cub buries them all.

I hope so. If he let's it hit the ground he will for sure get submitted.

Na, cub is gonna get strangled

Cub has lost 4 straight.

Gracie probably subs him, but I would love to see Cub win by KO/TKO, and then retire.

He cares, there seems to be a knack from the UFC lately booking these kind of fights for Cub with these up and comers, they were doing the same thing with Choi which was a more catered fight for Cub which he won and Choi looked a million dollars coming out of that fight too, the fight did so much for Choi also even in loss it was a great fight to book.

Yet since then they've been constantly booking these kinda fights with these kind of up and comers as opposed to the up and comers like Choi, it seems a little like they're purposely doing this with more chance of these up and comers winning the fight to have Cub's name under their belt.

That's not discrediting Cub or saying he can't take on these fights, he can and he does but it is a little frustrating when they keep doing this, get a stand and bang fighter in the style of Choi, Korean Zombie etc.. (up and comers if you like) and we'll see them really challenged and if they win it IS a fantastic win under their belt and if they lose and put on a good fight their stock STILL fires up the same with it did with Doo Ho Choi 100%.

Or have him go up against a submission artists like Kron who is elite and let Kron get the win (if he happens to) but it won't do much for Kron as it would say if they put him up with a fighter like Maia (I know different weight class, I just mean as an example) if you get what I mean, it really seems like the UFC are doing this on purpose to build a name off Cub for these up and comers but won't risk the fight like Choi cause the up and comers probably will lose due to having a higher chance of this in that style of fight.

It's a bit frustrating but we'll have to see how it goes though hopefully Cub wins this fight for that reason, as well as the issue's with the academies refusing to train him due to fighting a Gracie and also the fact he has had the losses previously, it would be a fantastic win which is why I say it could be any opponent, so nothing against Kron at all :)

Cub has lost 4 straight.

Cub getting subbed unfortunately

Cub is far away from his prime. I dont think he is still the threat at stand up he would need to be to catch Kron.

No he won't

He sucks, he lost 4 times in a row and gets subbed by everyone and their grandma

Unfortunately, Swanson seems to lose by submission a lot lately. So I predict Kron jumps on him and subs him.

Can Cub keep Gracie from clinching him? Can keep from Gracie from getting underhooks? Cuz that boy will pull guard and Cub will be in trouble. But yes all Gracie fighters cannot strike

You've probably also heard about how many of the schools refused to train Cub for the build up of this fight because he is fighting a Gracie which is annoying, there's been a lot of hurdles in this camp for Cub but he's pretty much kept his head down, got on with it and trained well.
that's despicable.

<mma3>

Back