Swanson is gonna light Gracie up

Cub has lost 4 straight.
He either doesn’t give a shit or he’s way past it.

Gracie probably subs him, but I would love to see Cub win by KO/TKO, and then retire.

Hes not exactly fighting scrubs though

Burgos is a legit prospect, Frankie is Frankie, Ortega got his first L against the champ, and Moicano looked like he was on his way to title contention before running into the 145 GOAT

I hope so!!!! The UFC tend to be constantly booking these style of up and comers for Cub as opposed to say a style like Choi (which we know would really challenge them) and it's been kinda frustrating.

You've probably also heard about how many of the schools refused to train Cub for the build up of this fight because he is fighting a Gracie which is annoying, there's been a lot of hurdles in this camp for Cub but he's pretty much kept his head down, got on with it and trained well.

And he's looking good with his training too despite this.

Nothing against Gracie, it could be any opponent but I hope Cub gets the win here, cause he deserves it and then the UFC need to finally book him with a fighter we know he will smash and bring a great fight with.

In fact he's said about this fight coming up his training can be a little boring at times cause he's got to be more technical with this where as when a fighter is unpredictable they can go in and smash and have fun, which as we know Cub smashes these fights too.

He just fought Burgos and Moicano. Should he only face journeymen from now on?

He just fought Burgos and Moicano. Should he only face journeymen from now on?

I'm not sure what you mean by that? If you read what I was saying the style of fights they keep constantly booking haven't been the type of fights we know he's going to smash and it's a little like they're doing this on purpose, I'm not saying they should all be booked in Cub's favour (absolutely not!) but the fights where we know Cub (or any fighter really) does shine challenge the up and comers more which is much better for building their name (the whole point of these fights) as whether they win or lose they always gain more from it than when they win because they're expected to or their style is favourable.

No one said or did that post mean he should only fight journeymen because that answer to that is absolutely not, but he should fight styles on that are both in his favour and not in his favour when they've pretty much purposely been booking fights where it's not really his style of fight to build these up and comers.

He said himself in the recent Unfiltered interview how the training for these kinda fights can be a little boring cause he has to go in and be all technical as opposed to going in, having fun with an unpredictable opponent, smashing it and bringing a fight and you'd need to watch the interview to see in regards to the context it was mentioned (not saying you'll judge that to diss but you get what I mean) because he was asked about the difference in the training camps and the style of fights.

He hasn't had a stand and bang fight in a long time and they keep constantly booking these one's since he's lost to Ortega (another submission artist), the last up and comer they did the stand and bang fighter with was Choi which yet not only did that bring an amazing fight but it really challenged Choi and he came out looking a million dollars as Choi was able to shine with the amazing fight he put on and the heart and determination he showed, after that fight Choi's stock went up massively a little like Jamie Mullarkey's recently after his fight with Brad Riddell, people want to see them fight now.

It's not going to do the same thing for an opponent who is expected to win or has the advantage with the style of fight, that's what I mean :)

Yah I don't see Kron being able to take him down. Frankie was 0-8 on takedowns against Cub their last fight. Cub obviously had to sacrifice his striking output to accomplish this and thus Frankie simply outvolumed him but I think Cub still outstrikes Kron in this scenario.

Yah I don't see Kron being able to take him down. Frankie was 0-8 on takedowns against Cub their last fight. Cub obviously had to sacrifice his striking output to accomplish this and thus Frankie simply outvolumed him but I think Cub still outstrikes Kron in this scenario.

Yeah, I guess we'll have to see but I hope so.

This whole camp hasn't been easy for Cub, I mean he's managed to get some good BJJ in but a lot of the top academies have refused to train him because he's fighting a Gracie so he's been a bit stuck in that regards and had to get over that hurdle also to find the best training camps from this side of things and considering this is Kron's speciality too it's been important but he's looking good.

I mean Cub already has a background in this but we know that's not predominantly his style, it's not the most favourable of styles for him which is why he's to be more technical in this fight too but fingers crossed Cub can smash this and then hopefully they'll book him a fight that more fits his style where he can go in and have fun and bring us yet another amazing fight along the lines of what we saw with Choi for example :)

You think it's by coincidence that the UFC put Kron Gracie in with an ageing fighter on a downhill slope who appears to have terrible submission defence?

You think it's by coincidence that the UFC put Kron Gracie in with an ageing fighter on a downhill slope who appears to have terrible submission defence?

Exactly, I wouldn't have put it like that but you've nailed it.

Look at the fights and styles of fights they've booked since the Ortega loss and look at what happened when they put a fighter who Cub would no doubt smash (Choi) and how good that was, not only did we get an amazing fight but this also did the world of good for Choi and his stock and admiration went up massively after this fight, he looked a million dollars and couldn't have come out better in that fight which did more for Choi's stock in loss than it will for Kron's stock in win.

I don't get why the UFC don't see this but it's obvious they want to put Cub's name as a win on these up and comers record, which isn't something they're really going to get when they book the style of fight they did with Choi (as this is exactly what they were doing at that point).

Hopefully Cub wins this fight, nothing against Gracie but I think it would be a statement to the UFC also and then book him some fights along the lines of Choi again, sure they can book these styles of fights too (I don't expect everything to be favourable to Cub's style) but mix it up at least which they're not doing right now and haven't for a while since the Choi fight for an up and comer and the Ortega loss which was the submission, it's like they saw something there and went for that after to build these stars from that.

ts is probably fucking 10/10 right now

Back