"Supreme" Conor decked boxing champion | "spectacular head movement" | "more skillfull"

Yep I agree with all that. The thing is, it had a LOT to live up to. The fight had been brewing for years, when they were kind of considered joint P4P #1 and more prime. Then obviously it didn't happen for years for a variety of reasons, they both got a bit older, fan expectations grew even more, and unless it was a 12 round Hagler Hearns, it was never going to live up to the hype.

But yes, if you ignore expectations, it was a solid chess match between two of the best boxers of all time. There have been much worse big fights than that, honestly.

I do agree with you on Pacquiao too. I've also been a big Pacquiao fan for years, ever since he steamrolled Barrera he really won me over, and holy shit his skill level and defence is highly underrated, even amongst proper boxing fans.

Because he's so ferocious and aggressive (or was in his prime), a lot of people don't seem to realise how skilled and technical he is. He is hard to hit clean too, when he's focused. Only when he gets too cocky or over excited does he get hit clean. The key difference with Floyd, is he never does get over excited or cocky.

But yeah Pacquiao is usually constantly moving, creating angles, moving his head, with a solid peakaboo esque guard too. His combination of hand and footspeed is second to none too, even age 40 he's pretty damn fast.

I really enjoyed this post

You certainly know your boxing

Sherdog is completely delusional when it comes to Conor and it's a very frightening display of the potential for human stupidity
Only reason why I care to defend him really is the degree of absurdity you hear people spew.

Bias influenced by dislike can create some powerfully persuasive, distorted narratives and group think.

People just need to think more critically, for themselves and stop letting their personal feelings towards a person get in the way of their critiques and analysis.

Much as its a broken record, it's most often fans succumbing to such a limiting frame..never the actual fighters or those really doing it. On that note, people need to be more cautious about their opinions and beliefs as a fan. It seems to be all too easy to fall into a limiting and short sighted thought process without that real solid foundation

Holy shit you have no idea what you’re watching. I’m probably the biggest Floyd fan on this forum - I know his career very well.

He didn’t “beat pacmans ass” in the slightest. The fight was much closer than casuals realise, count the shots. It was a competitive fight and Pacquiao won 4 or 5 rounds.

Floyd had to be very sharp, fight a very disciplined fight. There was no hanging around in the pocket like with Cotto and Mosley, he had to be on his bike the whole night against little 5’5 Manny who started at 106 pounds.

Floyd himself cites the Pacquiao fight as difficult, and said Pacman was the best opponent of his career.

And Mosley? Of course he was fucking hurt. His knees gave out, he had to hold on and recover. His senses were scrambled for sure. He not only has an amazing chin, he is so crafty he disguises being hurt very, very well. He was more hurt than even Mosley realised.

He was buzzed and flash kd’d by Zab, not that hurt, but he was also hurt by Corley and buzzed several times by Pacquiao, and also Cotto and Maidana.

Hurt is not KTFO, of course Floyd was hurt a few times.

I searched out the fight with mosely to see just how hurt he was...he was definitely stunned and rocked...but he never went down...held on for like 3 seconds, then he seemed ok...and he got hit hard...one of the few times you ever see floyd get hit really hard like that...his feet did a little stutter step and his knees did buckle a bit...but he was never staggering around the ring...got hit, got rocked, hung on for a few seconds and recovered very very fast...and went on to beat up mosely...

Seriously though, Conor's boxing has looked like shit since 2016.

What the hell happened?

Mescaline Dreams trying his hardest to take the title of King Shitposter Keyboard Tuffguy from Notorious Left Hand.

Why compete, fellas? You're equally shit. Equally delusional. Equally Conortards.

Did you not see any clip of the charity boxing match? Conor was smoking that dude.
They showed the cheap shot and Conor using head movement against an electrician. This video is more edited than the Paulie video and this guy is an absolute nobody.

Looked like garbage against Khabib and in training,

I searched out the fight with mosely to see just how hurt he was...he was definitely stunned and rocked...but he never went down...held on for like 3 seconds, then he seemed ok...and he got hit hard...one of the few times you ever see floyd get hit really hard like that...his feet did a little stutter step and his knees did buckle a bit...but he was never staggering around the ring...got hit, got rocked, hung on for a few seconds and recovered very very fast...and went on to beat up mosely...

"I searched out the fight" lmao How do you not know it from the top of your head?

Mosley rocked Floyd badly. He admits this himself you dumb cunt.

His incredible recovery skills allowed him to take back control quickly. But he was very hurt.

As he also was when he was rocked by Corley in Round 4.

You're clueless.

They showed the cheap shot and Conor using head movement against an electrician. This video is more edited than the Paulie video and this guy is an absolute nobody.

Looked like garbage against Khabib and in training,

He had an injury in the Khabib fight, a broken foot.

Also you do realize that is just a sparring session? For all we know Conor could of just been having fun training with one of his boys.

Floyd spent time feeling him out. As Paulie said, Conor has an awkward style that took him time to figure out. Floyd even though he's one of the greatest defensive boxers in the history of the sport is also 40 years old. Conor even being an mma fighter with no high level boxing experience was a southpaw, he had good reflexes, timing and power early on when fresh.

Floyd has always taken time to feel his opponents out, get their timing down and everything he does is strategical from bell to bell. At 40, logic dictates that it was a wise move for him to take his time with this one. He took his time, felt him out, got his timing down and stayed in his shell, allowing Conor to punch himself out, all while attacking with some very significant body shots.

It's when Conor started to slow and the body shots began to take effect that you seen Floyd open up. Where the vast difference in their cardio became apparent. This was also where Conor's lack of defence for that level as exposed. Which is when you seen Floyd start pressuring

It seems pretty obvious that Floyd's strategy was taking him into deep water, which his camp pretty much reiterated as well. How Floyd fought was no different than how he fights anyone in the sense that he always adjusts to his opponents and the opportunities they present him.

Had he gone in there for the kill straight off the bat, at 40 it would've been a risk. Something that Floyd isn't the type to take. He's the last guy in the sport of boxing to allow himself to take unnecessary punches.

What punches Conor landed and the success he had was genuine and he demonstrated himself to be a competent boxer, considering his level of experience and who he was fighting.It's all relative. Floyd and his camp knew exacts how to beat him though and made it look easy.

But yes, when you listen to all the pro boxers speak on his performance. Sugar Ray Leonard, Larry Holmes, Mike Tyson, Lennox Lewis, George Foreman, Terrance Crawford, Amir Khan, Andre Ward, Adrien Broner, along with the entire mma community.. Almost everyone gave him a ton of respect, including all the hardcore boxing analysts who were shitting on him. That says it all really.
Read what you want in to it.

conor is fucking bum at best and he was lucky Floyd knew he had to put on a show for the fans and allowed that.

Again, floyd has never walked forward with a high guard letting someone hit him at will. Floyd never clowns between rounds.

You clueless morons are the reason both made bank and shelled out for a bum boxing with a HOF and All Time great.

This was reality to anyone who fucking had a clue.

What the hell happened?
He was never that good to begin with so when you combine partying, committing crimes, staying out late, and sub par boxing skills and some CTE thrown in then you will fall even further.

"I searched out the fight" lmao How do you not know it from the top of your head?

Mosley rocked Floyd badly. He admits this himself you dumb cunt.

His incredible recovery skills allowed him to take back control quickly. But he was very hurt.

As he also was when he was rocked by Corley in Round 4.

You're clueless.

wow, such insults...haha....that fight was years and years ago...i refreshed myself...and I don't care what a fighter says after he already won the fight..haha, they always built up their opponent to make themselves seem even better...or make it out that they were more hurt than they were, so they can say how they overcame it...floyd was rocked...i said he was...but he was never knocked down and he recovered in a few seconds...like I said before, we have different opinions of what hurt is...stunned and momentarily rocked, isn't badly hurt to me...

and just so you know, I've forgotten more about boxing, than you'll ever know...just cause someone might have differing views doesn't make them clueless...fact is, aside from that momentarily being stunned, floyd put an ass whoopen on Mosely...that's a fact.

He had an injury in the Khabib fight, a broken foot.

Also you do realize that is just a sparring session? For all we know Conor could of just been having fun training with one of his boys.
You are so gullible and your excuses suck.

This is the guy that got beat Nate the gatekeeper Diaz at his best.

He is not even a fraction of the fighter he was in those days.

Where is the full boxing match with this bum? Why is it edited?

You are so gullible and your excuses suck.

This is the guy that got beat Nate the gatekeeper Diaz at his best.

He is not even a fraction of the fighter he was in those days.

Where is the full boxing match with this bum? Why is edited?

Young man,

Justadollop,

With a lot of hate in his heart,

Put your hatred aside for this man. Nate is a top 5 lightweight. He is one of the best boxers In MMA and used to be a top lightweight.

Nate isn't a scrub, he would give all 5 top lightweights a very hard time.

Also Conor was fighting a bigger man, Conor walks around 170 while nate walks around 200 pounds.

Young man,

Justadollop,

Put your hatred aside for this man. Nate is a top 5 lightweight. He is one of the best boxers In MMA and used to be a top lightweight.

Nate isn't a scrub, he would give all 5 top lightweights a very hard time.

Also Conor was fighting a bigger man, Conor walks around 170 while nate walks around 200 pounds.
What about Khabib outboxing him and dropping him?

You have an excuse for everything.

@justadollop Khabib didn't outbox him.

Khabib had Conor dangling and his legs and guess what he did? He tried to shoot for the legs. What is that?

As Conor would say: "Stand there and fight!"

The round Khabib was stand up with Conor he lost.

Again young man

You may hate Conor because of his success but don't discredit him as a fighter.

Back