"Supreme" Conor decked boxing champion | "spectacular head movement" | "more skillfull"

Seismic

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
“He showed supreme class in sparring Micheal McGrane, who was an Irish champion. It was a great spar, the two of them went hell for leather at each other. Conor decked him with a body shot in the third round, which was fantastic. said Sutcliffe.

“He caught me with a body shot and he took every last gasp of wind out of me,” McGrane remembered. “I didn’t think I was going to comeback from it to be honest, but when you’re looking at the crowd and you’re looking at the corner…you have to get your breath back. I got my wind back before the 10 count, so I knew I was ready to rock again.”

McGrane praised the UFC fighter’s showmanship and his power based on their exchange:

“He’s a 10-out-of-10 showman. As a striker, his power is 10-out-of-10 as well. He landed [punches] with accuracy and precision.

Mirroring McGrane’s comments, Sutcliffe highlighted McGregor’s showmanship during the bout.

“There was a bit of showboating. I can’t go without saying it, but Conor is a showboater, “ he quipped. “There was a bit of showboating and there was some spectacular head movement from Conor. It was a great attempt by Micheal, he wasn’t holding back for one instant. It was cracking bout, the two of them went hell for leather as I said, but Conor was just that little bit more skillfull than Micheal with the body shot.”

This is why Pauli Malignaggi can't leave it go. Conor is a proper boxer and really did put a beating on him. Good news for Pauli is he's no longer the only former boxing champ floored by Conor. Great to hear Conor's head movement is getting back to the level it needs to be at.

We actually have boxing footage of conor, if you didnt know

3426ps1504.gif

Last edited:
We actually have boxing footage of conor, if you didnt know
Against the best defensive boxer ever, and maybe the best ever in the sport of boxing. That doesnt mean anything in comparison to the rest of the amateur field. I doubt he'd get whooped by journeymen etc.

Wow, so Conor went punch for punch with a a nobody, must be getting his mojo back! All that cocaine actually helps the reflexes, why do you think crackheads always seem so 'twitchy', it's an increase in their fast-twitch muscle fibers.

This is why Pauli Malignaggi can't leave it go. Conor is a proper boxer and really did put a beating on him. Good news for Pauli is he's no longer the only former boxing champ floored by Conor. Great to hear Conor's head movement is getting back to the level it needs to be at.
Where was his head movement when Khabib decked him?
tumblr_inline_pg7ps2nmbV1r6jb6k_540.gif

Irish amateurs are bums

Against the best defensive boxer ever, and maybe the best ever in the sport of boxing. That doesnt mean anything in comparison to the rest of the amateur field. I doubt he'd get whooped by journeymen etc.

Best ever in boxing? Haha go to sleep nutt hugger.

Best ever lol

You’ve gotta be so naive to take comments like this without a giant grain of salt.

"One-dimensional gatekeeper becomes more one-dimensional" Great thread, OP.

Irish amateur boxers aren't typically very successful on a world scale.

Back