Superman vs Hulk

Plot induced stupidity is a very specific term with a specific meaning in comics. It means one character fights like a retard, often completely forgetting to use their powers, so a one sided stomp can be written to be competitive. As far as power changes go, they're quite common in comics. These are very old characters that are regularly reinvented to attempt to reach new audiences.

This is hardly unique to Superman. In fact the hulk has had numerous versions himself throughout the years with different abilities and power levels.
Yes I know Hulk has too, but take both their original power and explainations I think hulk wins.

and he’ll banner might even beat Clark on a planet with a red sun..

Superman is written to be able to beat any comic book hero/villain. It doesn’t matter who he’s facing, he just wins.
He can be beaten, but he has a pretty crazy power set. Anyone without super speed realistically has no chance.

Yes I know Hulk has too, but take both their original power and explainations I think hulk wins.

and he’ll banner might even beat Clark on a planet with a red sun..
So we're going to use the nearly century old super weak version of superman for.... some reason? Lots of people can beat that guy.

Superman SHOULD win, because he's got all the ridiculous powers. But he might not win, because he's a moron.

Someone with his powers should be fighting like this...
f39b2069cb1185db6db44433ef57c29f.gif

tumblr_milhqhQ0Un1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Instead he fights like this.
1baKji.gif

He's a cheat character controlled by a clueless player.
Kakkarot is a lifelong martial artist.
Clark is a farm boy, there is a reason their fighting skills and techniques are vastly different.

supes just relies on being OP in every battle.

So we're going to use the nearly century old super weak version of superman for.... some reason? Lots of people can beat that guy.
Yes the reason being is that he’s never had an “explained” power up. It just plot grows.

That’s why I said use OG Supes vs OG hulk without the “plot reasons “ power ups.

Yes the reason being is that he’s never had an “explained” power up. It just plot grows.

That’s why I said use OG Supes vs OG hulk without the “plot reasons “ power ups.
Dude this is comics. Powers change all the time with either no explanation or a nonsensical explanation. You're taking a trope that has literally always been extremely prevalent in the industry, and using it to criticize a particular character because you don't like him. Many many,, MANY characters have had an equal amount of implausible power changes.

That's just comics.

I've always found this debate weird because Superman can just fly with Hulk into orbit and leave him in space?

It would be over in 10 seconds.

2272255-1_edited.JPG

This is "Worldbreaker" Hulk on the surface of the moon when Black Bolt was screaming at him. A whisper from Black Bolt can level a mountain with ease, that's why he never speaks. His voice is literally destruction. Worldbreaker Hulk made him SCREAM.

And he tanked it.

16.jpg

The hulks power constantly changes based on how angry he is or how much control banner can exert. Spiderman has become far faster, stronger,,and more durable. No explanation. Lobo went from a guy that can go toe to toe with superman to a guy that batman can hang with. No explanation. Captain America is MUCH more powerful than he used to be. No explanation. Darkseid is far weaker than he used to be. No explanation.

I could go on and on with examples like that.

2272255-1_edited.JPG

This is "Worldbreaker" Hulk on the surface of the moon when Black Bolt was screaming at him. A whisper from Black Bolt can level a mountain with ease, that's why he never speaks. His voice is literally destruction. Worldbreaker Hulk made him SCREAM.

And he tanked it.

16.jpg
Doesn't matter how tough or strong you are when the other guy is so much faster you could literally never touch him unless he decided to let you.

Dude this is comics. Powers change all the time with either no explanation or a nonsensical explanation. You're taking a trope that has literally always been extremely prevalent in the industry, and using it to criticize a particular character because you don't like him. Many many,, MANY characters have had an equal amount of implausible power changes.

That's just comics.
I realize that, and that’s why I stick to mostly comics and characters that don’t have the “plot reasons” power ups.

pretty sure i mentioned my distain for the rediculousness earlier and that’s why I’m NOT a Superman fan anymore like I used to be when younger. I had tons of Superman shit as a kid and a bunch of really old Superman comics.

I realize that, and that’s why I stick to mostly comics and characters that don’t have the “plot reasons” power ups.

pretty sure i mentioned my distain for the rediculousness earlier and that’s why I’m NOT a Superman fan anymore like I used to be when younger. I had tons of Superman shit as a kid and a bunch of really old Superman comics.
But like I keep saying it's a weird place to draw a line in the sand, because quite literally every popular character that has been around a long time has power fluctuations that are "illogical"

Literally all of them.

The hulks power constantly changes based on how angry he is or how much control banner can exert. Spiderman has become far faster, stronger,,and more durable. No explanation. Lobo went from a guy that can go toe to toe with superman to a guy that batman can hang with. No explanation. Captain America is MUCH more powerful than he used to be. No explanation. Darkseid is far weaker than he used to be. No explanation.

I could go on and on with examples like that.
Spiderman is weaker now than he used to be, spiderman was always really strong and tough but held back a lot and was “Learning” to use his powers more. There was a lot more of that explained in his earlier comics.

Spiderman is weaker now than he used to be, spiderman was always really strong and tough but held back a lot and was “Learning” to use his powers more. There was a lot more of that explained in his earlier comics.
No. In his high-school days he was listed in the ten ton range. Last I read anything about him he was at 20 tons plus. He's also noticeably tougher and faster than he used to be. No explanation given other than he's older now.

Right.... bad writing. How superman and most speedsters lose fights. They inexplicably don't use their speed because the writer wants the fight to be exciting. It's weird how many comic fans act like they don't get how much jobbing happens in those stories for the sake of the plot.

Hell just look at the few times they decide to have the flash actually use his speed in the jla cartoon. He single handedly curbstomps the braniac/Luthor fusion the one time they decide to have him actually fight smart.

Right.... bad writing. How superman and most speedsters lose fights. They inexplicably don't use their speed because the writer wants the fight to be exciting. It's weird how many comic fans act like they don't get how much jobbing happens in those stories for the sake of the plot.

Bruh..

It's Darkseid.

He is ON PAR with Superman.

Very cool. Christopher Reeve vs. Lou Ferigno.

Bruh..

It's Darkseid.

He is ON PAR with Superman.
In fact he used to be much more powerful than superman before being powered down several times. However having super speed and not using it against someone that doesn't have it? That's jobbing pure and simple. Plenty of dc villains have strength and durability on par with supes, but few can match his speed.

Standing toe to toe for absolutely no reason when you could just speed blitz pretty much everyone you fight is jobbing, because otherwise he kicks the shit out of people instantaneously and that's boring.

I don't think much has changed there. He's always been the wholesome superhero. Snyder tried to give him a bit of edge, but it kind of went against the grain of the nature of his character, which is why I think over time, people kind of rejected that iteration of the character. He's not a blood thirsty murderer, or some emotionless husk like Dr. Manhattan. He fights the good fight and tries to balance his powers with a sense of morality. "Just kill your enemies if you can" isn't a good message to be sending out to the kiddies. He totally could though.
This. Outside Kryptonite, Superman's only weakness is his morality, if properly used against him by an enemy.

Back