Television SUPERMAN & LOIS (Discussion)

The Elemental O

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Three episodes in and so far the reception has been positive even from viewers who dislike CW's DC shows.

Was going to start a thread until I found this.

Surprised no love for this series. Sure it's no Mandalorian but the reveal of the Stranger's identity in this week's episode was interesting.

Other than casting Frodo Baggins with menstrual cramps as Superman's kid, the series is pretty good so far. I'd put it up there with the middle seasons of Smallville (before it turned to crap).

Last edited:
never thought theyd bring back
arenared.jpg

I feel that Superman And Lois' biggest hurdle is the CW itself, as being on that network is preventing the show from getting a larger mainstream audience.

I'm sick of the evil Superman trope but like the first Injustice game, I'm okay with this as long as we see the proper Superman kick that fool's butt.

That was a cool scene. It's been implied if not outright acknowledged Superman is OP and a bit of a Mary Sue as originally written. Not the first time they've shown it, but revealing to see even Superman struggles to control his temper and his powers.

IMO Hoechlin, Tulloch and Elsass are knocking it out of the park as Superman, Lois and Jon Kent. Wole Parks is also doing great work as the Stranger. Alexander Garfin as Jordan Kent was written in as a non-canon character and to me he's the weak link. I appreciate they're trying to do a "warts and all" version of the Kent family, but this guy is just annoying. He's all social anxiety and bitchiness when convenient for the plot but when it's not, he's fine. Reminiscent of Raj in the Big Bang Theory not being able to talk to girls unless he's drunk, but when that gimmick was played out, they just dropped it entirely.

Last edited:
main-qimg-40efbece3ff3af873561c2be13e3a485

Superman fights guys who can do stuff like this, it’s why he’s better off with the undies on the outside

I've been enjoying the show. The production is good and I'll be interested to see where they take the storylines.

From the latest episode, the music score and visuals make this a cool "nightmare" scene.

The casting of superman is horrendous. They should have just casted Brandon Routh for the seri3s. Lois is old and not hot. The casting director should be blacklisted

Last edited:
Lois is old and not hot.

She's supposed to be an attractive 40-something and I think she pulls that off smokingly. But Elizabeth Tulloch is 40 and still younger IRL than Lois should be with teenage kids, considering she was already a renowned journalist prior to that.

Agree Tyler Hoechlin at 33 and looking noticeably younger than Lois or Lana was a questionable choice, but that seems to be intentional (apparently Superman also has super genetics that don't age as fast) and IMO he's pulling it off. Agree Brandon Routh would have been more age appropriate but IMO Tom Welling played the best Clark Kent. But those two probably would have been too expensive for the CW and Hoechlin and Tulloch were previously cast in their roles for bit parts in Supergirl and a few other (garbage) CW series in the DC universe.

Last edited:
363.jpg

She's supposed to be an attractive 40-something and I think she pulls that off smokingly. But Elizabeth Tulloch is 40 and still younger IRL than Lois should be with teenage kids, considering she was already a renowned journalist prior to that.

Agree Tyler Hoechlin at 33 and looking noticeably younger than Lois or Lana was a questionable choice, but that seems to be intentional (apparently Superman also has super genetics that don't age as fast) and IMO he's pulling it off. Agree Brandon Routh would have been more age appropriate but IMO Tom Welling played the best Clark Kent. But those two would probably have been too expensive for the CW and Hoechlin and Tulloch were previously cast in their roles for bit parts in Supergirl and a few other (garbage) CW series in the DC universe.
What are you an millenial in your old milf phase? "Too old. Too old to begin the training" -buddha-

Back